Louise Guyon-Witzschel

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
seaburn

Re: Louise Guyon-Witzschel

Post by seaburn » 25 Mar 2015, 16:07

Have I got this right ? The woman in the first post, pictured on the left is Louise Guyon-Witzschel - she was described in the post by 'Heimatschuss' as 'a very handsome woman in her early thirties' and 'a gorgeous wench' !! - whereas Margaret Blank was described as 'a mousey old lady'......

I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but either Louise took a very bad picture or standards of beauty were a lot lower back then !! Also, In the video 'Helge' posted of Margaret Blank, I would not describe her as mousey or old .... maybe its just me, but I'm highly confused ! :P

Heimatschuss

Post by Heimatschuss » 25 Mar 2015, 21:08

Hello Helge,

many thanks for the additional pictorial material that gives a quite different impression of Margret Blank. Just as seaburn has already observed, there must be some kind of confusion in the persons involved. Perhaps it wasn't Col. Andrus who got the names wrong but Dolibois but even then he must have also exchanged 'tall' for 'small'. Very annoying. Obviously this story about Guyon-Witzschel is more of an anecdote than real history. Presumably there was a female inmate that exposed herself to some guards for cigarettes but the details (including names) remain obscure.

Best regards
Torsten

Dwight Pruitt

Post by Dwight Pruitt » 25 Mar 2015, 23:41

Perhaps the cigarettes were in exchange for her putting her clothes back on?

seaburn

Post by seaburn » 26 Mar 2015, 01:13

Dwight Pruitt wrote:Perhaps the cigarettes were in exchange for her putting her clothes back on?
:lol: that brought a smile to my face !

Seriously though, I do think they have been mixed up in the story too... MB looked very tall and appeared to have potential to look more like a vixen than Louise in picture one in my very humble opinion.

Helge

Post by Helge » 26 Mar 2015, 01:38

For me they are to reverse the nome of the two women and everything back exactly the story published by Torsten.
Sota ei päätä kuka on oikeassa, vain sen että kuka on jäljellä.
War does not decide who is right but only those who are left.

Return to “Women in the Reich”