Irene Reimann is captured at Arnhem

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
Peter H

Irene Reimann is captured at Arnhem

Post by Peter H » 04 Feb 2008, 05:00

http://home.hetnet.nl/~witie/Female%20POW.htm
She was prisoner for only a short period, as the British released her after 3 days, so declares Krumschmid. He also recalled that the British had treated her well, although there had been no water. This hardship however had been ameliorated by the use of wine and sekt. In the meantime, (afternoon of 17 September)the HQ of the 3. Jachtdivision (3rd Fighter Division) had been ordered to transfer to Duisburg, to occupy an already well-prepared reserve shelter. After being released, Irene travelled to Duisberg/Kaiserberg and resumed her work with the Divisional HQ.

dgfred

Post by dgfred » 06 Feb 2008, 18:39

Very interesting. Though I have studied much of Arnhem, never heard of this
before. Thanks.

k2lofty

Re: Irene Reimann is captured at Arnhem

Post by k2lofty » 23 Feb 2009, 02:51

THIS FORUM THING IS ALL VERY NEW TO ME BUT HERE GOES, I KNEW SGT LEN AFFOLTER GPR WHO WAS GIVEN THE JOB OF GAURDING IRENE REIMANN WHEN SHE WAS PUT IN THE GARDENERS SHED IN THE GROUNDS OF THE HARTENSTIEN, IT HAS BEEN STATED THAT SHE WAS VERY UGLY, WHEN I ASKED LEN IF THIS WAS TRUE HE REPLIED SHE WAS NOT THAT BAD LOOKING, ONE WOMAN AMONG 10,000 MEN MUST LOOK OK, SADLY LEN PASSED AWAY IN 2008 HIS ASHES WERE INTERENED IN OOSTERBEEK CEMETRY IN SEPT, WE WILL REMEMBER THEM.

ghostsoldier

Post by ghostsoldier » 24 Feb 2009, 19:07

Welcome to the forum, k2lofty....but, please check your "caps lock" keyboard button, as your post reads as if you are yelling at us! :D :) :wink:
Rob
"Even God cannot change the past. "
-Agathon (448 BC - 400 BC)

Fiona

Post by Fiona » 28 Oct 2009, 20:42

This is a response to k2lofty.......Len Affolter was my second cousin.............we took his ashes out to Arnhem last year and attended the 65th Commemorative Service in Arnhem this year in memory...I would be interested in speaking to you as you knew Len. Could you call me on [phone number removed] ...this is a work number....Fiona Apthorpe.

[Phone number removed for privacy reasons, please contact the user through pm or email to get the number /Marcus]

ladyfotchit

Post by ladyfotchit » 06 Aug 2014, 00:30

Would like to contact Fiona Apthorpe if possible please. I have a photo of Len Affolter she might like to see and info about an old friend :)

darla

Post by darla » 16 Sep 2014, 12:47

Photo is genuine but it is Inga Ley (labor leader Robert Ley's wife) sitting with Hitler. Unity was not married to Mosley so it's not "Unity Mosley" (that was her sister, Diana, who was married to Blackshirt leader Oswald Mosley)...it's Unity MITFORD, not Unity Mosley.
darla.

J. Duncan

Post by J. Duncan » 16 Sep 2014, 21:04

Post above (by Darla) is mine word for word from another topic....what are you doing Darla, copying and pasting my post?
Duncan
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 7&t=210034

Heimatschuss

Post by Heimatschuss » 16 Sep 2014, 22:31

Hi Duncan,

probably a (wanna-be) spammer. Copied an already existing post to get around the checks for new participants. This way he/she/they get access to the PM system which is unlocked only after your first successful posting.

Alternatively the contribution submitted may have contained a sig file with internet links to advertising web sites. A sig file (if attached) is that part of the message displayed at the very bottom. It may display a disclaimer, a personal motto or fields of interest. Often it also contains a link to the poster's home page or blog which is perfectly legitimate of course. The possibility to show such links unfortunately can be abused too to lure innocuous readers to advertising sites and the like.

To the best of my knowledge AHF mods give any sig file that smells like attempted spamming the axe immediately, especially when it's a newbie, So what you see here is presumably an already sanitized version of the original spam mail, now completely pointless of course.

Dear mods, after Duncan has signaled he's read this I'd suggest anything starting with darla's posting is simply sent to bit bucket.

Best regards
Torsten

sandeepmukherjee196

Post by sandeepmukherjee196 » 25 Oct 2014, 18:57

this is am extremely interesting subject for me friends.. have studied the arnhem campaign a bit .. but who was irene reimann please? what unit was she attached to at arnhem, how was she captured and why was she released after 3 days? was it coz the british were low on supplies and didnt want to waste any feeding a female enemy personnel of no combat value?

Return to “Women in the Reich”