Gudrun Himmler

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
Arto O

Re: Gudrun Himmler

Post by Arto O » 10 Jun 2011, 21:41

Hi,
Regarding to the last photo: Ok, to take a photo it takes less than a seconds and things can be different later , but observing her, it seems that she is looking to this "empty space" in ceiling. Everything in her world got upside down. Loosing of her beloved father, people who told about her father and what he made etc. It is not easy to accept at that moment or later.
Cheers
Arto

ladycplum

Post by ladycplum » 13 Jun 2011, 04:41

I remember that picture of Gudrun and her mother. It was a very quick set-up, the soldiers guarding them hurried up, set the table, snapped the picture, and then hurried them off.

From what I've read in the book My Father's Keeper she was an incredibly difficult child while being held in custody. She went on a hunger strike for better rations, she had a complete physical breakdown when she was told Himmler was dead. In another book by Joseph Persico (It's about Nuremberg, can't remember the full title), he says she would make little paper cutouts of snowflakes and thelike and send them to Burton Andrus, who was in charge of the prisoners. He referred to her as "That Himmler brat."
"The more I see, the more I know. The more I know, the less I understand"-Paul Weller

Adam Carr

Post by Adam Carr » 19 Jun 2011, 11:12

Gudrun Himmler is alive and well and still a Nazi.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... icers.html
Attachments
gudrun.JPG
gudrun.JPG (49.63 KiB) Viewed 2471 times

J. Duncan

Post by J. Duncan » 19 Jun 2011, 11:52

Came across this article from Canada. Discusses Gudrun Himmler Burwitz and her involvment with her "Stille Hilfe" organization. Includes a few photos which have been seen / posted before.

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/news/ ... arity.html

Adam Carr

Post by Adam Carr » 19 Jun 2011, 12:02

The photo of "Gudrun Hmler today" in that article must be a good 20 years old, judging by the one I have posted.
Here is one of Gudrun with Papa and Karl Wolff.
Attachments
himmler, gudrun 2, karl_wolff.jpg
himmler, gudrun 2, karl_wolff.jpg (35.17 KiB) Viewed 2465 times

Helge

Re: Reinhard Heydrich`s daughter Marte

Post by Helge » 19 Jun 2011, 12:03

BLACK NIGHT wrote:This picture shows Reinhard Heydrich`s daughter Marte and her mother Lina in 1960. Heydrich has never his daughter, because he died when Lina was pregnant with her.
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 7&t=135814

A link and photo to a ancestors Facebook was removed. I think it's a BAD idea to link to a person that had NOTHING to do with their forefathers crimes.

/Georg
Sota ei päätä kuka on oikeassa, vain sen että kuka on jäljellä.
War does not decide who is right but only those who are left.

Adam Carr

Post by Adam Carr » 19 Jun 2011, 12:14

On that lady's friends list is one Christian Heydrich, presumably a grandson.
https://www.facebook.com/people/Marte-B ... 0034206488
Of course we don't judge people by their ancestors.

Helge

Himmler and his wife

Post by Helge » 19 Jun 2011, 19:35

Schweinfurt, Germany, Spring 1934, Himmler and his wife at breakfas.
Attachments
Schweinfurt, Germany, Spring 1934, Himmler and his wife at breakfas....jpg
Schweinfurt, Germany, Spring 1934, Himmler and his wife at breakfas....jpg (178.8 KiB) Viewed 2438 times

Grisu

Post by Grisu » 19 Jun 2011, 21:00

Adam Carr wrote:Here is one of Gudrun with Papa and Karl Wolff.
Does anyone know when and where this picture was taken?

Helge

Post by Helge » 19 Jun 2011, 21:14

Grisu wrote:
Adam Carr wrote:Here is one of Gudrun with Papa and Karl Wolff.
Does anyone know when and where this picture was taken?
Heinrich Himmler and his daughter Gudrun (now: Gudrun Burwitz) visiting a concentration camp (Dachau) with Nazi entourage, probably around 1941.
Captions in German at the Bildarchiv Preussischer Kulturbesitz: "Heinrich Himmler mit Tochter Gudrun und SS-Führern, Reinhard Heydrich (hinten), Karl Wolff (2.v.r.)" ("Heinrich Himmler with daughter Gudrun and SS-Leaders, Reinhard Heydrich (in background), Karl Wolff (2nd from right)") The photo is dated as "um 1941" ("around 1941").

Helge

ladycplum

Post by ladycplum » 20 Jun 2011, 02:55

I think of all the children of the higher-ranking Nazis, Gudrun and Wolf Hess grew up to be the most embittered, cold, you could say they were the Ice King & Queen of their particular generation.
"The more I see, the more I know. The more I know, the less I understand"-Paul Weller

HFK

Post by HFK » 20 Jun 2011, 04:41

Hello,
I am wondering what Gudrun would think if she is reading any of these 3 pages. Maybe she is reading them, and thinking to herself "these people know nothing about me". It will not happen,but I would love to have Gudrun reply on this forum.
Regards,
Harry

Helge

Post by Helge » 20 Jun 2011, 09:34

HFK wrote:Hello,
I am wondering what Gudrun would think if she is reading any of these 3 pages. Maybe she is reading them, and thinking to herself "these people know nothing about me". It will not happen,but I would love to have Gudrun reply on this forum.
Regards,
Harry
Mrs. Gudrun is a very private person but what we write will surely read it. For other times you will find direct interventions: many times they are with private email.

Helge

Grisu

Post by Grisu » 20 Jun 2011, 13:00

HFK wrote:Hello,
Regards,
Harry
Personally, I've never seen it as beneficial to ask myself what certain people of historical interest (and that's how I see Gudrun Burwitz née Himmler) thought or felt at a particular point of time regarding a particular subject. After all, I am not a psychologist (systematically studying aspects of personality) but a historian (systematically studying aspects of society) and thus I have neither the means nor the methods to "judge" the thoughts or feelings of anyone.

As for myself, when it comes to "judging", I tend to look at people's deeds and actions affecting society - and let those speak for themselves.

@ Helge: Thank you for contextualising the photo and for the additional information.

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 20 Jun 2011, 13:51

Mrs. Gudrun is a very private person but what we write will surely read it. For other times you will find direct interventions: many times they are with private email.

It wouldn't be in her best interest to publicaly give her thoughts. IMHO those who probably know her and in her
sphere know very well what she thinks so why come on a forum such as this to speak to strangers?

Several years ago I remember there was such an commotion when she did write something.
Don't remember what it was but it was jumped on.

Return to “Women in the Reich”