1945 Lost German girl

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
Annelie

Re: 1945 Lost German girl

Post by Annelie » 03 Feb 2014, 23:12

Thanks for the link.

This is the introduction to the film which is over an hour long.
Mention of the girl of course.

Title:

Event Date:
April 8 - May 8 1945

Place:
Czechoslovakia

Copyright:
Public Domain

Duration:
00:25:21

Links:

Description:
A makeshift slate reads: "Haglund, P 21, May 7." German troops, including Hitler Youth, receive food from an outdoor stove set up in a field. Close-up of a young boy who smiles at the camera. Panning shot of the line of men waiting to receive food. More shots of the men receiving hot soup or cereal of some kind. Men in Luftwaffe uniforms lie on the grass and eat soup. One leafs through a binder or pile of papers. They are smiling and aware of the camera. One man sleeps on the ground. Truckloads of men in military vehicles drive past a border checkpoint. The barrier is raised and a white flag and a Czech flag hang from it. The scene changes to a city in Czechoslovakia, where crowds of people smile and wave handkerchiefs and flags, greeting the American troops. There are Czech and American flags among them. Military vehicles pass slowly through the crowds. This appears to be the same location as the footage found in Story

01:07:28: Slate reading: " Haglund, P 27, May 8." A long line of POWs walks down a street. According to the original shot sheet, these may be "white Russians who fought for Germany" but it is not entirely clear that this is the scene referenced on the sheet. Many of the men look into the camera. Some of them are quite young. The vantage point changes to the back of the line of prisoners. A group of civilians follows behind them. Some of them run to catch up with the prisoners. Close-up of a Russian soldier on horseback. Another (longer) view of a column of prisoners walking along a two lane road in the countryside with fields on either side of the road (Germans or "white Russians who fought for Germany"). The camera moves closer to the prisoners, then follows them from behind. Back in town, another group of prisoners, in horse-drawn wagons, then trucks, pass the camera. More prisoners, on foot and horseback, who may be "Poles who were forced to fight for Nazis." Shots of individual dead SS men, killed by the Czechs, lying on the grass. Some of the men are badly wounded but not yet dead. A group of people stands around a wounded man who raises his head briefly. A dead body with blood on his face lies with Haglund's identifying slate beside his head. Several more shots of dead and severely wounded Germans. A woman described in the shot sheet as an "SS girl" walks down the road. She has been beaten and one eye is swollen shut. Several shots of her as she walks toward the camera. She clasps her hands (she appears to be holding a deck of playing cards) and looks down. The camera pans down her body. A half-naked man with blood on his face lies on the grass and looks at the camera. Another shot of the same woman. She sits on the grass with two men and another man stands in front of them. A group of American soldiers stand and look down at the corpse of a young boy in a German military coat. A white handkerchief is placed over the face of another dead man. Various scenes with smiling Czech civilians. Two young girls, surrounded by German POWs are filmed close-up. They look nervously at the camera (accused collaborators?).

01:21:51: New slate reading "P 80 4/8/45 Haglund." A column of German POWs, some wounded, walk down a road. The camera pans down to the bare feet of one man. Americans drive tanks down the road behind the prisoners. More prisoners; this time the camera follows their legs and feet. Several of the men wear no shoes. Tanks, shot from below, with smiling American soldiers.

Notes:
Shot sheet available in departmental files.

Language:
Mute

Genre:
Unedited

Color:

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 04 Mar 2014, 21:28

Since Feb 3rd its been quiet.

From Erik I just saw an video which some of you might find interesting.
Was hoping even to see the GIRL.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=591_1388 ... 4py3Aka.01

The amount of displaced persons were overwhelming so its no wonder its hard
to find her.

Marco Von Morenschildt

Breakthrough In Lost German Girl Research

Post by Marco Von Morenschildt » 11 Apr 2014, 20:57

Hello there, have been a longtime lurker and follower of the lost German Girl fantastic thread.
I don't know if this has been researched here already and if it needs to be moved , im sure a mod can sort it out.
I feel it is important enough to post like this so maybe someone else can help resolve this little mystery once and for all.
I do believe we can find her.
I have pages and pages of stuff, but let me just put this out there for now.
I firmly believe that she was one of between the ten and thirty female police working under Hildegard Neumann http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hildegard_Neumann at Theresienstadt.
At Theresienstadt In April 1945, after the Dutch Jews had been transported to Switzerland, The International Red Cross visited the camp twice. The relief agency took over administration of the camp on May 2, 1945, as Soviet troops approached from the east.[38] Commandant Rahm and the rest of the SS fled on May 5 and 6. On May 8, 1945, Terezín was liberated by Soviet troops.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theresiens ... ation_camp

I am almost positive that these people we see in the video are fleeing the camp To the US forces from the Russians and more immediate , the Czecs.

I believe that somewhere in this Document Theresienstadt Concentration Camp Documents, 1939-1945| Brandeis University
http://archon.brandeis.edu/index.php?p= ... ard&id=143 we can find the LGG.

It is also possible that she may be seen in the propaganda video made under Hitler orders of the camp as the "perfect" Jew Home from home.
http://www.ushmm.org/online/film/displa ... e_num=2703
now , although the full video is probably still in existence somewhere, there are only parts of it that I could find.
https://archive.org/details/TheFuhrerGi ... nstadtCamp

The important document though is obviously the official camp documents. These can only be seen in person and only if permission is given.http://www.brandeis.edu/ Maybe one of our American Friends can go and see this Documentation.
I am 99.9% positive we will find our LGG in there. Around 30 Names to Research. My Research leads me to believe that she must be there.
I Hope this is helpful
MVM

Vikki
Forum Staff

Re: 1945 Lost German Girl

Post by Vikki » 15 Apr 2014, 06:04

Hello Marco Von Morenschildt, and :welcome:

I've moved your post here, to the main Lost German Girl thread.

~Vikki

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 15 Apr 2014, 13:53

Well, that puts a different light on LGG.

If there is a possibility that she was
ten and thirty female police working under Hildegard Neumann
then the search for her changes the whole focus of this thread. Would it be possible
that she would be looked upon as some war criminal?
Even if she were alive would she even come forward? I am sure her family if they don't
already know if that was the case they probably wouldn't want her to be public knowledge.

This latest gives one many angles to think about.

history1
Banned

Re: Breakthrough In Lost German Girl Research

Post by history1 » 15 Apr 2014, 17:35

Marco Von Morenschildt wrote:Hello there, have been a longtime lurker and follower of the lost German Girl fantastic thread.
I don't know [...]
I feel [...]
I do believe [...]
I firmly believe [...]
I am almost positive [...]
I believe [...]
It is also possible [...]
I am 99.9% positive we will find our LGG in there. Around 30 Names to Research. My Research leads me to believe that she must be there.
I Hope this is helpful
MVM
A lot of believes and feelings, but what is supporting your view? Without any realistic facts/documents I hesitate to follow your believes and don´t consider them helpfull.

hsa601

Post by hsa601 » 15 Apr 2014, 21:01

Welcome Marco Von Morenschildt. :welcome:

Can you post the 30 names? This would make research somewhat easier I suppose?

Logan93

Post by Logan93 » 20 Apr 2014, 17:43

Welcome to the forum Marco Von Morenschildt.

Not to be a pessimist but I agree with history1, There is still not a lot to go on with Marco's information I don't doubt that there may be something in his research but we have been here before as far as someone claiming they may have found LGG. But maybe she is one of those 30 names who knows but I won't count on it.

Zapphod

Post by Zapphod » 24 Apr 2014, 06:29

The problem here is that we only know that the woman was in Czechoslovakia in the last days of the war but we have nothing to say that she was there the entire time for all we know she may well have been part of the withdrawal from Poland, Hungary, Romania etc.

Mark Hurley

Post by Mark Hurley » 06 May 2014, 04:46

Oren W. Haglund is on on the far left of the picture. Ronald Reagan is on the far right. The picture was taken on set of Night Unto Night (1949)
http://acertaincinema.com/media-tags/don-siegel/
Attachments
Night Unto Night.jpg

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 06 May 2014, 13:59

Thankyou, at least now we know what this elusive
Haglund looks like.

FF7_12

Post by FF7_12 » 07 May 2014, 19:21

Yes, nice one.

Do we have him on the 9th May vid ?

http://www.ushmm.org/online/film/displa ... a_type=flv

once holding camera ?

Compare nose, moustache ?
Attachments
'Hagelund'with camera.png
"Hagelund" holding camera ?
'Hagelund'with camera.png (373.99 KiB) Viewed 2182 times
'Hagelund'.png
"Hagelund" talking to Germans ?
'Hagelund'.png (354.81 KiB) Viewed 2182 times

Biber

Post by Biber » 07 May 2014, 20:23

Same nose in my opinion.

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 07 May 2014, 22:28

same white scarf also...

FF7_12

Post by FF7_12 » 12 May 2014, 12:19

The Germans appear to be remonstrating with him.

Maybe he wants a staged shot - like with LGG the day before.....

Return to “Women in the Reich”