1945 Lost German girl

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
marliz

Re: 1945 Lost German girl

Post by marliz » 03 Feb 2015, 10:10

Nice site link about LGG

http://www.blauefabrik.de

DD66

Post by DD66 » 03 Feb 2015, 13:20

As it will be the seventieth anniversary of the end of WW2 in May this year, I'm sure we will be hearing about it on TV and newspapers here in the UK.
I was wondering if it will be mentioned on German TV, and if so, it might be a good time to put it to the German media to run this story.
Does anyone on here have connections with German TV or newspaper?
This may be the best opportunity to get the LGG exposed to the wider German public. Perhaps someone will recognise her.

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 03 Feb 2015, 14:59

This may be the best opportunity to get the LGG exposed to the wider German public. Perhaps someone will recognise her.
I disagree wholeheartedly.....this women should have privacy and if she desires to come forward if she realizes peoples
interest in her then its her choice. This women has done nothing wrong as far as we know and it doesn't appear to be a "good feeling story"
as they say, just a group of people who are curious and maybe some obsessed in finding her and her story.
Of course its just my opinion but its based on what I know from those who lived through the era and from Veterans.

marliz

Post by marliz » 03 Feb 2015, 15:26

Annelie wrote:

I disagree wholeheartedly.....this women should have privacy and if she desires to come forward if she realizes peoples
interest in her then its her choice. This women has done nothing wrong as far as we know and it doesn't appear to be a "good feeling story"
as they say, just a group of people who are curious and maybe some obsessed in finding her and her story.
Of course its just my opinion but its based on what I know from those who lived through the era and from Veterans.

You must consider that right now we speak of a woman that is maybe 90 years old years more or less! if yet alive!

And if alive in what mental conditions! Maybe don't remember nothing!

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 03 Feb 2015, 15:37

You must consider that right now we speak of a woman that is maybe 90 years old years more or less! if yet alive!

And if alive in what mental conditions! Maybe don't remember nothing!
I definitely know about the probably age of the women...what difference does that make exactly?

Unless for medical reasons this women will remember what she went through but whether or not she
would discuss with strangers is another matter. My thoughts are about an elderly woman who probably
has concerns for her privacy and her family.

My hope she is not someone who is being sought for one reason or another.

ignacioosacar

Post by ignacioosacar » 03 Feb 2015, 16:13

Dear Forum,

Super great job done by Mikaela !

Cheers all!

DD66

Post by DD66 » 03 Feb 2015, 19:12

I haven't met anyone from that era that felt that way. In my experience people are particularly willing to talk about things when they get to their twilight years, even if they were reluctant in their younger days.
However, I haven't spoken to German war veterans. Perhaps if they have a guilty secret they may want to keep quiet about it, but in the LGG film she appears to be the victim.
Unless she were a concentration camp guard or something similar I don't see what problem she would have.
I very much doubt if she is still alive anyway, and if a relative or someone close to her was to see the film they would have the option of speaking up or staying silent. It would be completely up to them either way.
There's only one way we'll know for sure.

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 03 Feb 2015, 19:33

I haven't met anyone from that era that felt that way. In my experience people are particularly willing to talk about things when they get to their twilight years, even if they were reluctant in their younger days.
Veterans yes! Women not so much....especially if they went through traumatic experiences which they don't want to relive by
telling about it over again to strangers or even family. It also depends on them, who they married, the children and their
circumstances.

We have a forum member which Aunt was brutally raped many many times then was stabbed and left for dead but somehow
she survived in Berlin..her family knows but I doubt she would be willing to share this with forum members. I can say this because he has
already mentioned it here. As we know it happened everywhere.
There are books out there about such experiences but the amount written is nothing compared
to the numbers of women who went through horrific experiences and lived and their families know nothing of it except they went
through trying times...period.

DD66

Post by DD66 » 03 Feb 2015, 21:38

Annelie wrote:

We have a forum member which Aunt was brutally raped many many times then was stabbed and left for dead but somehow
she survived in Berlin..her family knows but I doubt she would be willing to share this with forum members.
From what I can see she already has. I know all about it now. Thanks for letting me know.

So, what is the point of this thread?

In fact, what is the point of this forum? Raking over old ground, dragging up history.
Should we forget about the past in case somebody gets offended?

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 03 Feb 2015, 22:02

As I stated but you missed

I can say this because he has
already mentioned it here.

The point of this thread is what I have wondered but still continue to follow with interest because of
all the members diligent ways and works of trying to find out. Like a mystery unfolding. Some pretty
ingenious methods.

Even if they find her ....then what? Politely ask her what her story is?
I kind of like the journey better than the ending in this one case.

DD66

Post by DD66 » 03 Feb 2015, 23:23

Try not to be too negative.
It could be have a happy ending.

You could ask the same question about Marina Ginesta, but somebody bothered to trace her after a similar amount of time. pointless excercise perhaps, but an interesting story to a lot of people.

stello

Post by stello » 06 Feb 2015, 18:59

Hello Forum,

here the link to follow the exhibition "Lost German Girl", the project created by Mikaela, in Blaue Fabrik, Dresden:
http://www.blauefabrik.de/

Cheers all,

Stefano

ignacioosacar

Post by ignacioosacar » 06 Feb 2015, 21:56

Dear Forum,

So LGG is in Dresden today.

Incredible work done by Mikaela !

Keep us informed how your exhibition went on.

Cheers!

Ignacio

lawton

Post by lawton » 07 Feb 2015, 23:54

This thread is a very interesting read. I saw this subject covered a few other places but none with this much research done by the posters. It does really catch your attention when you watch those WW2 shows/videos on TV.

Hopefully that display will help bring someone forward to solve this once and for all. We may never find out for sure considering the time factor however. The odds are she probably passed some years back. I guess there is a slim possibility a relative is still alive that knows that is her and has pictures to back it up. I am mostly curious on what her role was during the War. Was she actually connected to an SS unit somehow as the person loosely recorded or was she in a standard German Army unit. I can see him recording what he did without knowing what the deal was with her in reality.

Things related to WW2 have always interested me ever since I was stationed in Germany in the US Army during the latter part of the 80s in the Nuremberg area. It used to make me feel strange when we had our change of command ceremonies right there in the spot Hitler used to have some of his rallies.

JTG

Post by JTG » 08 Feb 2015, 02:57

Never be sure tshat they have "passed" (died) - within the last twelve months I have shaken hands with a Lady who shook hands with AH as a child... in the mid 30s.... this occured in 2014.

Return to “Women in the Reich”