1945 Lost German girl

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
Münchausen

Re: 1945 Lost German girl

Post by Münchausen » 27 Aug 2015, 23:30

ignacioosacar wrote:Dear Forum and Muchausen,

The story is fascinating. It all makes sense to me. Most small actions taken by the motocycle patrol were what it should be done tactically, like getting to the top of a hill to see if there was enemy activity on the road ahead, avoiding villages, not stopping until contact was made etc. It is understandable to have certain inaccurancies after so many years. In my experience recalling dramatic events that happened many years ago, is like watching short separate captions of a video, sometines you are not even capable to link one to the other, and sometimes whole segments in between are just deleted.

So, it is possible that the group sitting with LGG are Allgemeine SS if I clearly understood ?

Cheers
"SS Böhmen" were Allgemeine SS.

Münchausen

Post by Münchausen » 27 Aug 2015, 23:46

ignacioosacar wrote:Dear Forum and Munchausen

1.Regarding your great uncle meeting and conversation with LGG.

1.1 Did she came to him alone or together with other persons ?

1.2 Did the other persons talked to him also ?

1.3 Were they the group sitting around her in the ditch ?

2. Regarding the circumstances of your great uncle first contact with the LGG film

2.1 How did your great uncle react when he saw the LGG film ?

2.2 Could you tell us again how your great uncle saw the LGG film for the first time ? Was he surfing the web ? Were you surfing the web and him sitting beside you ? Was it on TV ?

2.3 How did your great uncle react when he learned about this thread ?

Cheers
1.1 She made the Aufklärungs-Abteilung men stop. The other men were behind her.

1.2 Yes they did, this is why my relative knew that they were SS-Böhmen".

1.3 I showed the Haglund footage to my Gr. uncle: he's 50% sure of it.

2.1 He was astonished. A kind of revival for him.

2.2 I showed him the film after having seen it in the forum. The first time my relative evoked the LGG was during a family meal a few years ago. It is because I remembered it that I linked it with the images shot by Haglund.

2.3 He is very happy to see that you folks are interested with this moment of his long life and he hopes that you finally manage to know who she was. He says that He wouldn't like to see once again such terrible events but that TV broadcasts are still full of wars, sad beautiful raped girls and lost soldiers...
Last edited by Münchausen on 28 Aug 2015, 03:37, edited 1 time in total.

Münchausen

Post by Münchausen » 27 Aug 2015, 23:49

fhafha wrote:Again,

did ur uncle surender on the 8t or came back on the 9 th with the main column of the Das Reich ?

Was he part auf the aufklärung abtn of this division ? if so did he surrender with this unit. I am asking because there are footage of this unit surrender on the 9th near Rockyvany. The aufklärung abnt was of the DR was mixed with the 20th PZ Div aufklärung Abnt till the 5 or 6 of may 1945.

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 8&t=142414
My uncle remembers it. He says that most of the 20th PZ Div aufklärung Abnt men were killed in action the 7 of may.

Araceli

Post by Araceli » 28 Aug 2015, 16:26

Thanks Münchausen for the information. Questions : your uncle has pictures of him and his colleagues ?, your uncle could see YouTube videos or anywhere else? some of his colleagues can be seen in the videos? too bad your uncle did not ask the name of the girl, hehe, was not a good time for that :|

Araceli

Post by Araceli » 28 Aug 2015, 16:51

Dear forum, I have a question, I read somewhere here in the forum, that is lgg from Alsace? I'm sorry, I read so much that I lost in some parts and I do not have much time to re-read again, a lot of data, Münchausen said the girl was from Alsace? right? I was reading on the internet about women in the Reich, in a page says SS-Helferinnenkorps "ss maiden", were formed in a school of SS Helferinnen in Alsace, I was there the mother's house where they trained http://www.wewelsburg.de/de/aktuelles/m ... nkorps.php ,in the same page there is a picture, that picture I saw in many websites, Karl Hocker appears , there's a girl in that group that I find similar to LGG is the girl on the right, the last blonde, in other websites that picture looks better, this page is in german ( i think it is german, i used the automatic google tranlator for read, sometimes fails) . Based on the theory of Munchausen, lgg was ss, our lgg had to have been trained somewhere, right? It will have been in the same school in Alsacia? she will be registered in somewhere . In this point i dont know if is a good time to return to the pictures, all you posted it a lot, but I never did it, maybe I'm wrong, or maybe not, who knows.

"Das SS-Helferinnenkorps wurde 1942 von „Reichsführer-SS“ Heinrich Himmler gegründet, um Soldaten der Waffen-SS für den Fronteinsatz frei zu machen. Ihre Arbeit, insbesondere im Nachrichten- und Fernmeldewesen, wurde von freiwilligen „SS-Maiden“ übernommen. Diese wurden in einer SS-Helferinnenschule im Elsass ausgebildet, die Himmler als „Mutterhaus“ seines Ordens verstand. Ähnlich wie die Männer bei der Allgemeinen SS mussten die Frauen strenge Aufnahmekriterien erfüllen, wurden einer rassischen Prüfung unterzogen und während der Ausbildung weltanschaulich geschult. Überstanden sie alle Prüfungen, so wurden die jungen Frauen als Angehörige der Waffen-SS zu regulären Mitgliedern der SS-Sippengemeinschaft. Insgesamt waren dies 2375 Frauen. Langfristig plante Himmler, den Grundstein zu legen für eine weibliche Schwesterorganisation der SS."
Last edited by Araceli on 28 Aug 2015, 18:46, edited 4 times in total.

FF7_12

Post by FF7_12 » 28 Aug 2015, 18:21

With her were, as I have already written, several "SS-Oberabschnitt Böhmen-Mähren" survivors of the "Kampfgruppe Wallenstein".
SS-Oberabschnitt Böhmen-Mähren was indeed a regional sector of the Allgemeine SS.
Kampfgruppe Wallenstein was, however, Waffen SS. I am surprised that Allgemeine were drafted into Wallenstein.
Wallenstein was intended to be a Waffen SS division, but was never actually realized as a division by the end of the war.
When the Prague uprising started, the recruits in the Waffen SS training schools in and around Prague were mobilized and sent into action on 6th May against the Czech uprising inside Prague, and also clashed with the ROA.
The term "Kampfgruppe" or "Kampfverband " Wallenstein seems to be used in reference to some of these forces, including those from the training facility in Benesova.
It would be interesting if some evidence could be found about Allgemeine being drafted into the Waffen SS. I guess with the desperate situation at end of the war, and the Waffen SS scraping all possible recruits together, that is possible.

ignacioosacar

Post by ignacioosacar » 28 Aug 2015, 22:56

Dear Forum and FF_12,

I have read somewhere that in the battle of Arnhem in 1944, even the Todt organization workers were issued weapons and organized as defense combat elements.

Cheers

billdi

Post by billdi » 29 Aug 2015, 10:43

Many thanks MÛnchausen for the brave story of your great uncle
He is one of the only people to have actually seen her that day,
and even had the chance to talk to her for a moment

What new elements can we add to our knowledge from his story

- she is from sudetenland
- the theory she was SS helferin is strongly reconfirmed
- the probability of rape reemerged

all the best
D.B.

FF7_12

Post by FF7_12 » 29 Aug 2015, 18:19

Münchausen wrote:
FF7_12 wrote:Was a he a member of the Kradmeldestaffel mentioned by Weidinger?
He was not, but he knew very well a man named Wulf who was.
Was that an Otto Wulf ?

hsa601

Post by hsa601 » 29 Aug 2015, 21:23

Hi Münchausen.

As mentioned by other Forum Members, I hope that you are for real. Nonetheless it is much appreciated to have a fresh breath of air into this thread. There are so many appreciated “historians” on this forum and it would be unfair to them if this would be another false tail.

Welcome to the forum.

Münchausen

Post by Münchausen » 30 Aug 2015, 15:25

FF7_12 wrote:
Münchausen wrote:
Was that an Otto Wulf ?
Heinrich Wulf. My relative hated this man who committed war crimes in Tulle. But he knew that he was in the Kradmeldestaffel and chief of the Aufklärungs Abteilung when they were in Normandy. A very young Elsasser tried to desert and was captured by a patrol. Wulf made him attach to pulleys in the courtyard of a farm and thus, this man was quartered. My great-uncle remembers that the show which all Elsasser and Lothringer of the regiment were obliged to attend was an abomination.

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 30 Aug 2015, 16:14

FF7_12

Post by FF7_12 » 30 Aug 2015, 19:15

Münchausen wrote:
FF7_12 wrote:
Münchausen wrote:
Was that an Otto Wulf ?
Heinrich Wulf. My relative hated this man who committed war crimes in Tulle. But he knew that he was in the Kradmeldestaffel and chief of the Aufklärungs Abteilung when they were in Normandy. A very young Elsasser tried to desert and was captured by a patrol. Wulf made him attach to pulleys in the courtyard of a farm and thus, this man was quartered. My great-uncle remembers that the show which all Elsasser and Lothringer of the regiment were obliged to attend was an abomination.
Very interesting feedback, Munchausen. Much appreciated.
Heinrich Wulf was in 38. SS division Nibelungen from April to end of war, so he wouldn't actually have been involved in the Prague surrender of Weidinger's division.
That's why I tipped on Otto....

Danno

Post by Danno » 22 Sep 2015, 09:11

Any more updates on this?

Danno

Post by Danno » 23 Sep 2015, 12:02

jron56 wrote:Is this the LGG?

The more i look at the pics the more im convinced this is her at a younger age. Facial features look very similar.

Return to “Women in the Reich”