1945 Lost German girl

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
ChristopherPerrien

Re: 1945 Lost German girl

Post by ChristopherPerrien » 21 Feb 2016, 09:05

Try posting photos/links/etc. in the test section first, then come back here. It can take a little while to figure it out. It did for me too.

RJDenis

Post by RJDenis » 24 Feb 2016, 18:01

New from Canada
Have been reading and following this for a while.
About the Spielberg archive film.
At 24:40 to about 24:50 on the third American tank from the rear of tank convoy she is getting a ride on that tank.
I have looked at this many times before posting. Near the end, as if she realizes that the convoy is being filmed she turns her head to the back
you can see it is the same hair with slight partition to her left and same face profile.
You can also see the black sweater from the shoulder onwards.
To me, it is definitely her.
So, did she survive the war; most likely.
And on the original Haglund film, she is clearly carrying a baby bump of about 3 to 4 months.
Perhaps that one of the reason she is being given a ride on the American tank, but, her beauty alone would have done it.
If some of the prisoners had to be given to the Russian army, I don't see any chance that the Americans would have allowed her to be sent to he hands of the Russians, knowing what would have probably happened.
Is she German? Yes most definitely, she is resting (comfortably) with German soldiers by the roadside and, her face is classic German cut.
In fact, she has the same facial features as the Canadian actress Deborah Kara Unger.
Why are we still trying to find what became of her?
Because most of us have simply fallen in love with this beautiful woman and our male protective instinct makes us want to know that she survived.
Please collaborate my findings that it is her on the Spielberg video archive.
Bye for now,
and Thanks
Ronald

RJDenis

Post by RJDenis » 24 Feb 2016, 19:25

It is a half track vehicle of some sort,
And I just noticed that there is a German officer sitting next to her.
the uniform seems german, and it seems to be more of a black uniform and black cap than the German army regular greyish green.
Ronald

Dusty1945

Post by Dusty1945 » 25 Feb 2016, 00:52

@RJDenis, That's interesting.

Women have been pointed out regularly throughout the reels as possibly being LGG. I admit this one is very questionable like the others who IMO clearly aren't the same person.

Only thing I would throw out there is that the knot on her eye was really bad. It doesn't seem to be apparent in the segment you highlighted but given the grain of the film etc. perhaps it's obscured.

I'm not very good at image enhancement. Maybe you or someone else here is, and will give this piece a digital treatment for us.

Thanks for posting RJ.

FF7_12

Post by FF7_12 » 25 Feb 2016, 15:11

At 24:40 to about 24:50 on the third American tank from the rear of tank convoy she is getting a ride on that tank
This is the same theory as posted by fafha a while back, I think. Fahfa had a theory on who the guy with the cap was.

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... start=1155

I attach fafha's graphics again:
familly%20links.jpg

ignacioosacar

Post by ignacioosacar » 25 Feb 2016, 21:57

Dear Forum,

After hours of watching Axis soldiers and civilians surrendering in Czechkolovakia, I have noticed few individuals wearing a black cap, but we have two cases here in different captions and in the same reel. Possibly he is the same person. But what is he ? Police ? Customs ? Railway ? Any other organization ? since the war started the SS wore Feldgrau, didn´t they. I have always seen the LGG sitting friends group as being technical personnel of some sort or attached civilians, but not soldiers. So, if it was a casual meeting or not we don´t know. The point is that Black Cap and the Blonde ( LGG?) had a VIP ride. Why ?

DD66

Post by DD66 » 26 Feb 2016, 00:33

I've always had problems with the orientation and location of this film clip.
Where is it and what direction are they heading?
A location (Ejpovice, heading West) was given way back in this thread, but I thought it was incorrect.
It was also suggested that the woman in the half track was wearing a red hat.
The dark hat the man (in the halftrack) is wearing looks like a German officers cap to me.

fkt55

Re: 1945 LOST GERMAN GIRL

Post by fkt55 » 26 Feb 2016, 15:49

stello wrote:dear Forum,
dear Ignacio and Dr Eisvogel,

I finally have found a German roadmap on http://www.landkartenarchiv.de/deutschl ... karten.htm (Ignacio, I don’t know if it is the same you posted a short time ago because i can’t open it...). In detail, it’s a Benzol - Verband Karte, n. 10, dated 1939.
The Pilsen - Prague road has number 14 and this number corresponds to the number that appears in the Michelin roadmap that Ignacio posted on page 6 of this topic on 23 February 2009.

But... if we get a look at the still-frame i’ve posted here, taken from Youtube footage, we can see a milestone with two digits: 78 (the one above) and 7 (the one below).

My photo-analysis puts in evidence, with black lines, the structure of the milestone. We can note that numbers 78 and 7 are in perfect geometric axis. This is a good reason to think that the digit on the below is a single number (7). Hard to believe that LGG’s arm could cover a second digit...

So we have three numbers to analyze: 78 (kilometers, sure!) 7 and 14...

Cheers! stefano
33092633.jpg
boundary landmark (Hraniční mezník)
33092633.jpg
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/33092633
Morava-Slezko-Uhry.jpg
http://www.loudatour.cz/report_2010.php?id=3043

fhafha

Post by fhafha » 28 Feb 2016, 22:13

Good evening all, I am back from a long rotation in Sahel and many hours of reading pending...

Thx FF7_12 for digging this out.
To answer our new canadian member (wellcome), in an other post I located this scene east of Ejopevice because of the ditches, i personally check the place in situ last year. The tanks and halftracks are driving westward on the main road to Pliesen. The US vehicles belong to the 16 Arm Div and on the 8th of may in the afternoon this unit was relieved by 2nd Inf Div. The 16 AD moved backward to the second line area in Pliesen.

Best regards

FF7_12 wrote:
At 24:40 to about 24:50 on the third American tank from the rear of tank convoy she is getting a ride on that tank
This is the same theory as posted by fafha a while back, I think. Fahfa had a theory on who the guy with the cap was.

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... start=1155

I attach fafha's graphics again:
familly%20links.jpg

DD66

Post by DD66 » 29 Feb 2016, 09:52

I don't have a problem with the LGG location. It's the location/direction of the half track and other vehicles I'm not sure of.
The vehicles appear to be driving towards the sun, with the sun high in the sky (short shadows).
If the sun was in the West, it would be setting (long shadows).

FF7_12

Post by FF7_12 » 29 Feb 2016, 15:28

Good evening all, I am back from a long rotation in Sahel and many hours of reading pending...
Welcome back, fafha,

I came across the story of a German soldier who was taken prisoner by the Americans near Pilsen (I am pretty sure it must be Ejpovice), on 8th May around noon, or early afternoon, after being marched from just west of Prague. Will post more shortly.

fhafha

Post by fhafha » 29 Feb 2016, 19:47

FF7_12 wrote:
Welcome back, fafha,

I came across the story of a German soldier who was taken prisoner by the Americans near Pilsen (I am pretty sure it must be Ejpovice), on 8th May around noon, or early afternoon, after being marched from just west of Prague. Will post more shortly.

This sounds great !!

fhafha

Post by fhafha » 29 Feb 2016, 20:02

DD66 wrote:I don't have a problem with the LGG location. It's the location/direction of the half track and other vehicles I'm not sure of.
The vehicles appear to be driving towards the sun, with the sun high in the sky (short shadows).
If the sun was in the West, it would be setting (long shadows).

Hi DD66, in fact at this place the road is diving to Ejepovic crossroad. The camera is positioned on a trepied on top a jeep and I guess has been leveled (this can been seen on this footage : https://www.ushmm.org/online/film/displ ... e_num=3306).
It's why I guess the shadows look shorter. In this footage u can also guess the all scene (marchers bypassed by the tank column and halftrack colum) has been taken at the same place on the 8th of may. Next scene sart on the 9th Western entrance of Rokycany.

See below some views from the footage, Streetview and in situ pictures I took.
Tank and HT place.jpg

Danno

Post by Danno » 29 Feb 2016, 23:26

Can someone point me to the video with LGG possibly sat on the tank.

Cant find it! :cry:

radekvitek

Post by radekvitek » 01 Mar 2016, 14:01

To fhafha:

"Hi DD66, in fact at this place the road is diving to Ejepovic crossroad. The camera is positioned on a trepied on top a jeep and I guess has been leveled (this can been seen on this footage : https://www.ushmm.org/online/film/displ ... e_num=3306).
It's why I guess the shadows look shorter. In this footage u can also guess the all scene (marchers bypassed by the tank column and halftrack colum) has been taken at the same place on the 8th of may. Next scene sart on the 9th Western entrance of Rokycany.

See below some views from the footage, Streetview and in situ pictures I took."

Hi there! I am not sure about your place location. On the tape, it is not the slope but rather flat, in Ejpovice there is a gentle slope. If you notice, behind the wooden fence, there is a wood, quite close, ina fact, it is more far. And in fact, inside the fence, there should be the house. It is the last one in Ejpovice towards East. Recheck your conclusion, we can discuss it.

There is a link to imagery from 1938...

http://lms.cuzk.cz/lms/WMSA08/1938/PLZE ... index.html

Return to “Women in the Reich”