1945 Lost German girl

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
LostGermangirls-Grandson

Re: 1945 Lost German girl

Post by LostGermangirls-Grandson » 06 Apr 2013, 12:24

Hallo,

ich verstehe natürlich das dies keiner hier glaubt. Warum ich als Deutscher eine U.S.-Flagge verpasst bekommen habe, entzieht sich meiner Kenntnis! Möglicherweise war mein "Unblock-Assistant" noch an vom letzten Besuch bei Youtube, als ich mich hier registriert habe, und der Proxyserver des Dings steht glaube ich irgendwo in Seattle!? Habe mich heute mal Deutsch eingeloggt, mal sehen ob dann die Flagge auch dazu passt!? Genug abgeschweift und ab zu meiner Oma: Diese hat bevor sie ihren Schlaganfall hatte nie über die Kriegszeit erzählt. Sie fing damit an als sie wieder einigermaßen auf der Reihe war, und als sie die ZDF-Dokumentation "Töten auf Tschechisch" angesehen hatte. Ich erinnere mich aber im nachhinein auch ganz gut an meine Jugend, wo sie immer wenn mir was Schlimmes zugestoßen war(meiner Meinung nach!) sagte: "Stefan es gibt Schlimmeres, glaub es mir!" Nach ihrer Erzählung über ihre Erlebnisse im damaligen Protektorat Böhmen u. Mähren, weiß ich jetzt aber sehr genau was sie damit immer gemeint hat! Unsere Familie lebt schon immer in Rheinhessen, und da leben wir immer noch. Anfangs wußte ich nur, dass meine Oma Ende 1944 dienstverpflichtet wurde, und dann im damaligen Sudetenland arbeiten musste. Sie hat sich dann am Ende des Krieges mit Hilfe von freundlichen G.I.'s und anderen Flüchtlingen bis nachhause durchgeschlagen! Der Erste der ihr dabei eine ganze Wegstrecke weit geholfen haben soll, war ein "U.S.-Kriegsberichter". Das war wirklich Alles was sie immer erzählt hat! Von Übergriffen und Vergewaltigung durch Tschechische Partisanen oder Zivilisten war nie die Rede. Dies ist ihr dann wirklich passiert, und sie hatte bis dahin immer dazu geschwiegen, sogar ihrem eigenen Mann gegenüber! Die Militärhosen und Teile ihrer Kleidung stammen von zu dem damaligen Zeitpunkt noch bewaffneten Waffen-SS Männern, die ihr gegen ihre Peiniger geholfen haben, und somit vielleicht auch ihr Leben retteten. Man hat halt nur "Räuberzivil", wenn man die Kleidung vom Leib gerissen bekommt! Ich gehe hier nicht ausführlich auf die Vergewaltigung ein, ich glaube das werden sie alle sehr gut verstehen! Ich kenne die Details, und es ist erschütternd genug diese von einem Familienmitglied erzählt zu bekommen! Übrigens hatte letztes Jahr schon jemand meine Oma irgendwie ausfindig gemacht und als LGG identifiziert. Es handelte sich um "jemanden" von einem großen deutschen Fernsehsender. Ein Interview für eine Dokumentation dort hat meine Oma abgelehnt! Es wurde versucht ihr weis zu machen, dass sie eine Person der Zeitgeschichte sei, dies von öffentlichem Interesse sei, und sie dies unbedingt tun müsste usw.! Dies will sie aber eindeutig nicht, trotz einer nicht unerheblichen Summe Geldes, die ihr in Aussicht gestellt wurde! Es gibt heute noch fünf Bilder, ein Arbeitsbuch, und einige Notizen über ihre "Tschechenzeit", die sie kurz nach dem Krieg gemacht hat. Dies stellt sie gerne nach ihrem Tod kostenlos demjenigen zur Verfügung der über ihre Geschichte schreiben will. Ich kenne die Bilder, und man kann sie darauf übrigens sehr gut als LGG identifizieren! Ich bin durch einen sehr guten Freund, der auch LGG's tatsächliche Geschichte kennt, auf diese Seiten aufmerksam gemacht worden, und habe meiner Oma über all die Arbeit die hier geleistet wurde erzählt. Sie kann es wirklich nicht verstehen, dass sich "fremde Leute" eine solche Mühe wegen ihr machen! Gleichzeitig war sie aber auch sehr gerührt über das Ganze, und deshalb sollte ich hier etwas schreiben! Ich verstehe und lese Englisch übrigens sehr gut, es ist aber leider nicht ausreichend um hier einigermaßen verständlich zu schreiben. Deshalb das Ganze hier in Deutsch! Meine Grundkenntnisse in Englisch stammen übrigens von U.S.-Soldaten, die früher bei uns in großer Zahl stationiert waren!

Liebe Grüße

Stefan u. "LGG" Mathilde

PS: Wer meine Fehler hier drin findet, der kann sie gerne behalten!
Last edited by LostGermangirls-Grandson on 06 Apr 2013, 13:14, edited 1 time in total.

history1
Banned

Post by history1 » 06 Apr 2013, 12:53

Well then? :|

LostGermangirls-Grandson

Post by LostGermangirls-Grandson » 06 Apr 2013, 12:56

...Folgendes sollte ich noch erzählen: LGG hat nach dem Krieg (1946) geheiratet, und am 04. März 1949 eine Tochter bekommen (meine Mutter). Mein Opa war erfolgreicher Kleinunternehmer, was ihm und meiner Oma ermöglichte ein sehr zufriedenes und ausgefülltes Leben zu führen. So wurde zum Beispiel viel gereist! Wie meine Oma so lange schweigen und diese schrecklichen Erlebnisse alle bewältigen konnte, ist und wird mir immer ein Rätsel bleiben!...

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 06 Apr 2013, 13:33

Please stop writing in all bold text.

/Marcus

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 06 Apr 2013, 13:35

LostGermangirls-Grandson via Google Translate wrote:Hello,

I understand, of course, no one believes that this is here. Why did I get a German missed a U.S. flag is beyond my knowledge! Maybe my "Unblock Assistant" was still on the last visit to Youtube, as I registered here, and the proxy server of the thing is I think somewhere in Seattle? Have today German times logged, let's see if it fits well to the flag? Digressed enough and from my grandmother: This is before she had her stroke never told about the war. She caught it as it was back somewhat on the range, and when she had looked at the ZDF documentary "Killing in Czech". I remember quite well but in hindsight (!, In my opinion) of my youth, where she always was when something bad happened to me said: "Stefan there are worse, believe me!" After her story about what happened in the former Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia, but now I know exactly what she meant forever! Our family has always been in Rheinhessen, and because we are still living. At first, I only knew that my grandmother was conscripted in late 1944, and then had to work in the former Sudetenland. She then at the end of the war fought with the help of friendly GIs and other refugees to home! The first to have her here helped quite a far distance was a "U.S. war correspondent". That was really all they used to tell! Of assault and rape by Czech partisans and civilians was never mentioned. This is really happening to her then, and she had always hitherto kept silence, even against her own husband! The military trousers and parts of her clothes are from that time even to the armed Waffen-SS men who helped her against their tormentors, and thus perhaps also saved her life. One just has only "predator civil" when one gets ripped the clothes off! I do not discuss in detail the rape, I think that they will all get along really well! I know the details, and it is shocking enough to get this story of a family member! Incidentally, last year had someone already made my grandmother somehow found and identified as LGG. It was "someone" from a major German TV station. An interview for a documentary there refused my grandma! An attempt was made to her make believe that she was a person of contemporary history, this is of public interest, and they would have to do this necessarily so! This they will clearly not, in spite of a considerable sum of money, which it has been promised! There are still five images, a workbook, and some notes about their "Czechs time", she made shortly after the war. This makes them happy after her death, that of free available who wants to write about their history. I know the images, and you can identify it by the way very well as LGG! I went through a very good friend who also knows LGG's actual history, been made aware of these sites, and have told my grandmother about all the work being done. You can not really understand, that make "strangers" such an effort because of her! At the same time it was also very touched by the whole thing, so I should write something here! I understand and read English very well by the way, but it is unfortunately not sufficient to write this somewhat understandable. Therefore, the whole thing here in German! My basic knowledge of English are the way of U.S. soldiers who were formerly stationed with us in large numbers!

Greetings

Stefan u "LGG" Mathilde

PS: If you find my mistake in here that can keep them happy!
LostGermangirls-Grandson via Google Translate wrote:I should tell you ... the following: LGG has married after the war (1946), and on 04 March 1949 a daughter get (my mother). My grandfather was a successful small business owner, which allowed him and my grandmother to live a very happy and fulfilling life. Thus, for example, traveled a lot! As my grandmother so long silent and overcome all these terrible experiences could, and I will always be a mystery! ...

Bill Murray

Post by Bill Murray » 06 Apr 2013, 13:37

I have followed this search for 4 1/2 years now and I sincerely hope that we have the answer and that it ended, so to say, happily.

That being said, I have also worried like others that if the lady survived, she might not want to be identified and reminded of what must have been a terrible ordeal.

My command of the German language is quite poor and although I can make out the meaning of some words and even a sentence or two, I have no idea what the Grandson is telling us. Can someone please translate the various postings in German to English for us so we can see what his story is so far.

Thanks,
Bill

Bill Murray

Post by Bill Murray » 06 Apr 2013, 13:47

Well, I posted two minutes too late. Thanks Marcus, I have to learn how to do that translation thing.

And, it seems just as we suspected, some of us in any case, that LGG did not want to relive in a public way that time of her life, which must be respected.

Some day in the future, perhaps Stefan can complete the story with additional documentation as he mentioned.

In the meantime, Stefan, please give your Oma a really big embrace from me and tell her that I think of her often and wish her the very best. I think I must have visited this story at least 100 times in the last 4 1/2 years, each time hoping to hear that she was OK.

Bill Murray

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 06 Apr 2013, 13:52

Google Translate is easy to use but of course the results are approximate at best.

/Marcus

LostGermangirls-Grandson

Post by LostGermangirls-Grandson » 06 Apr 2013, 14:12

Bill Murray wrote:Well, I posted two minutes too late. Thanks Marcus, I have to learn how to do that translation thing.

And, it seems just as we suspected, some of us in any case, that LGG did not want to relive in a public way that time of her life, which must be respected.

Some day in the future, perhaps Stefan can complete the story with additional documentation as he mentioned.

In the meantime, Stefan, please give your Oma a really big embrace from me and tell her that I think of her often and wish her the very best. I think I must have visited this story at least 100 times in the last 4 1/2 years, each time hoping to hear that she was OK.

Bill Murray
Thanks a lot Bill..! She would have never made it without American help!

ignacioosacar

Post by ignacioosacar » 06 Apr 2013, 14:35

Dear Forum

1) I suggest we all carry on the LGG issue with the respect of privacy it deserves, given the indication that LGG is a living person. 2) We should ask his grandson which are his conditions to deal with this in the future. 3) We sould call for a volunteer translator among the LGG thread forum members to make communications easier 4) Reafirm our respectful interest in the LGG story 5) An actual face photo and no names given should give us an evidence for COMPARISON and still preserve her identity 6) I am also sure that Marcus Wendel is one step ahead of us all at this precise moment.

Cheers

Ignacio

hsa601

Post by hsa601 » 06 Apr 2013, 14:43

Hi Everyone,

I am really glad that this had the ending that most had hoped for.

Stefan, also from me please send your Oma a "Alles Gute und gruß aus Süd Afrika" from a fellow Country Man. I wish her all the best and may she have a long healthy life.

MarcelH

Post by MarcelH » 06 Apr 2013, 15:03

Well, I hope this is indeed no prank.
Hope to see some fotographic evidence, to confirm the genuity of Stefan's story.
I also can read German very well.

But apart from that, I hope that your grandmother can understand why a footage of less than one minute of a girl that has been beaten up can stirr peoples minds and make people curious enough to want to know more about it.
Face it, you must be a beast to beat up woman anyway.
Does she remember that she has been filmed, and what she might talked about with the filmer (Haglund)?
All best wishes to her from Holland.

LostGermangirls-Grandson

Post by LostGermangirls-Grandson » 06 Apr 2013, 16:20

Ich werde unbedingt den Wunsch meiner Oma respektieren, die Bilder aus der Zeit ihrer Dienstvepflichtung, das Arbeitsbuch und ihre Nachkriegsnotizen über ihre Kriegzeit nur nach ihrem Tod unentgeltlich, nur demjenigen zur Verfügung zu stellen, der daran Interesse hat! Außerdem werde ich meine Oma überzeugen, in den nächsten Tagen ein aktuelles Bild von ihr hier als Beweis zu veröffentlichen! Ich bin eigentlich sehr zuversichtlich das sie dem zustimmen wird, da sie ihren Enkel (mich) eigentlich noch nie im Regen hat stehen lassen! :milwink: Es sollten aber bitte nicht noch mehr private Daten von ihr und mehr als der Vorname hier veröffentlicht werden! Der "U.S.- Kriegsberichter" kann meiner Meinung nach nur Mr.Haglund gewesen sein! Dieser hat damals anscheinend "sehr großes Interesse" an meiner Oma gezeigt, und sie richtiggehend angeflirtet! LGG oder besser meine Oma, hat bei der eigentlich "ziemlich gestellten Szene" nur aus Angst vor einem Sieger und weiteren "Übergriffen" mitgespielt! "Der "Amerikanische Kameramann" war es letzten Endes auch, der sie nach einer medizinischen Erstversorgung durch einen U.S.-Sanitäter, und einer mehr als reichlichen Mahlzeit (der Grund für ihr Lächeln als sie im Graben sitzt, oder war da mehr???) über die Demarkationslinie tief nach Bayern hinein gebracht hat! Er soll auch ein wenig Deutsch gesprochen haben! An das was genau gesprochen wurde, kann meine Oma sich eigentlich nicht mehr so richtig erinnern, sie sagt sie wäre nach dem Angriff auf sie, und der Befreiungsaktion durch die Waffen-SS Männer "wie in Trance gewesen" und hätte immer nur "einen Fuß vor den anderen gesetzt" um dort wegzukommen. Die Waffen-SS Männer sollen am Ort des Angriffs auf sie zurückgeblieben sein, und ihrer Aussage nach übrigens "Kein oder Kaum etwas Deutsch" gesprochen haben! Sie vermutet heute noch das es Skandinavier, Belgier, oder Holländer waren!

Stefan

MarcelH

Post by MarcelH » 06 Apr 2013, 17:14

Hallo Stefan,

Ich verstehe gut dass sie nur wenig loslassen wurde über dein Oma.
Zum lächeln im graben: ich glaube da wurde einer witz gemacht durch einer von der männer, sie lächeln alle gesamt.
Kann nicht nur um ein mahlzeit sein.
Wass für eine arbeit hat sie gemacht, und bei welche firma? War diese firma beteiligt im produzieren von kriegsgerüst?(munition, waffe, erzatsteilen welcher art auch, usw..)
Also, ihr oma weiss warscheinlich nicht mehr was sie in ihre hände gehalten habe wenn sie gefilmt wurde? (geldschein)

Verzeihe meiner schreibfehler.

I understand very well that you will not reveil much about your grandmother.
About the smiling in the field: I think someone told a joke and are smiling about it, they smile all at once.
Cannot be about a meal.
What kind of work did she do, and with what firm? Was this firm making war related goods like munitions, weapons, spareparts, etc?
Does your grandmother still remember what she was holding when she was filmed? (money)
Last edited by MarcelH on 06 Apr 2013, 18:50, edited 2 times in total.

LostGermangirls-Grandson

Post by LostGermangirls-Grandson » 06 Apr 2013, 17:21

Ein Treppenwitz, der hier abschließend noch erwähnt werden sollte: Ich habe den Beruf eines Soldaten ergriffen (aktuell Stabsfeldwebel bei den Fallschirmjägern!), bin mir aber nicht mehr ganz so sicher, ob ich dies auch getan hätte, wären mir die Erlebnisse meiner Oma einige Jahre früher bekannt gewesen!? Ich habe auch schon an einem Kampfeinsatz teilgenommen, und bin auch angesichts meiner eigenen Erlebnisse hierbei jetzt total davon überzeugt, dass aus Krieg nichts Gutes enstehen kann!!!

Peace to us all

Stefan

Return to “Women in the Reich”