Axis History Forum

This is an apolitical forum for discussions on the Axis nations and related topics hosted by Marcus Wendel's Axis History Factbook in cooperation with Michael Miller's Axis Biographical Research, Christoph Awender's WW2 day by dayand Christian Ankerstjerne’s Panzerworld.

Skip to content

If you found the forum useful please consider supporting us. You can also support us by buying books through the AHF Bookstore.

Sigurd Peiper

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections.
Hosted by Vikki.

Re: Sigurd Peiper

Postby chaneldoll on 24 Jul 2009 13:35

muffinlambchop wrote:Hello fellow WWII history enthusist! I am new to this site.
I am curious if there are any photographs of SS-Standartenfüher Joachim Peiper's wife Sigurd, especially any of them together? I have seen two known photos of her both being during the Malmedy Trials. Thanks for any help. I am interested in her because of her husband and her obviously close relationship to Himmler.

I found these pictures from Westemeier and P.Agte's book.

Jochen Peiper, Hinrich, Siurd and Elke 1957.
chaneldoll
Korea, Republic of

Postby muffinlambchop on 24 Jul 2009 21:21

chaneldoll Thanks so much! these are post war but very good. I am happy to see another friendly poster here. Thank you so much!
muffinlambchop
United States

Postby rodolphe on 08 Apr 2010 14:58

Heimatschuss wrote:Hello,

and welcome to our forum. Here's a rather well-known photo of Fräulein Hinrichsen (the later Mrs Peiper) during the wedding of Obersturmbannführer Pruchtnow in 1937. Hinrichsen is the blonde behind Himmler.
Fräulein Hinrichsen.jpg

Source: http://bpkgate.picturemaxx.com

BTW, I doubt a bit that her first name really is Sigurd. I know that she's called so on various websites but 'Sigurd' is a boy's name and registry offices in Germany always check that the child's christian name makes its sex absolutely clear. Her first name could be Sigrid or Sigrun or something like that.

Best regards
Torsten

Hello,
Her name was Sigurd or Sigi !
I saw her in France she was very sympatich !
Best regards
rodolphe
France

Postby rodolphe on 08 Apr 2010 15:09

slacky wrote:i also found this one i don't know who the woman is but its a cool picture of peiper i've never seen before
http://wolff.blog32.fc2.com/blog-entry-36.html

Hello,
Thank you very much for this Photo of Joachim Peiper in particulary the photo with his dog : tim he like him very much !
Bye
rodolphe
France

Postby Hundi on 10 Apr 2010 22:12

I have a question for the european members of the forum or anyone else who can asnwered it.

Sigurd is a common female name? because I heard that name in males as well.

Thankfull to whom answered my question.

Cheers!

/Hundi.
Hundi
Guatemala

Postby Vikki on 10 Apr 2010 22:40

Hundi wrote:I have a question for the european members of the forum or anyone else who can asnwered it.

Sigurd is a common female name? because I heard that name in males as well.

Thankfull to whom answered my question.

Cheers!

/Hundi.

Hello Hundi,

See the posts on the subject, beginning with the one by Heimatschuss, on the first page of this thread:
viewtopic.php?p=1324355#p1324355

By the way, I really like your SS-Reiter avatar. :)

~Vikki
Vikki
Forum Staff
United States

Postby Hundi on 11 Apr 2010 01:29

Vikki wrote:Hello Hundi,

See the posts on the subject, beginning with the one by Heimatschuss, on the first page of this thread:
viewtopic.php?p=1324355#p1324355

I read it before, so I want to be sure about it :D

Vikki wrote:By the way, I really like your SS-Reiter avatar. :)
~Vikki

I'm glad you like it! :D that's the only thing I have in my house from the Third Reich era, I found it as a Postcard very beatiful BTW.

Thank you so much for your help Vikki.

Cheers!

/Hundi
Hundi
Guatemala

Postby kamehouse on 11 Apr 2010 12:12

All the pictures shown in the previous posts can be seen in Patrick Agte's book :Jochen Peiper.
There are quite a few more from the 50's and 70's.Maybe somebody could scan them for you as the book is quite expensive (especially if you are only interested in Sigurd's photos).
kamehouse
United Kingdom

Postby slacky on 11 Apr 2010 12:39

what happend to peipers medals and uniforms ?
slacky
United Kingdom

Postby Helge on 19 Jun 2010 10:08

Grave Sigurd
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sota ei päätä kuka on oikeassa, vain sen että kuka on jäljellä.
War does not decide who is right but only those who are left.
Helge
Finland

Postby gorseks on 06 Dec 2010 03:26

re: Peipers medals: See "Masacre at Malmedy" by Charles Whiting, 1971, 2nd Ed 1996, Page 242

Lt Colonel Ellis, chief prosecuter, was reported to have retained Piepers medals following the Dachuau trial, and in 1968 contacted Peiper. He apparently had wanted money for them and was going to sell them to the highest bidder; when the family got wind of this, they petitioned help from an American lady historian for there return, and from this pressure, they ere returned to Peiper.

I would assume they rest in the hands of his family, but nothing more is known or mentioned that I have seen written.

If anyone else has information??
gorseks
United States

Postby Geo K on 23 Dec 2010 14:24

Geo K
Germany

Postby Helge on 16 Feb 2012 04:06

Kosmel Fritz, Sigurd and Jochen Peiper, Erwin Ketelhut, a forest near the house of Piper at the village of Grass in France, in 1973 Ketelhut also served in the Waffen-SS, lived in the woods near Piper, in a house converted from a mill.

http://peiper.reibert.info/gallery/family/family.htm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sota ei päätä kuka on oikeassa, vain sen että kuka on jäljellä.
War does not decide who is right but only those who are left.
Helge
Finland

Postby Snarka on 18 Feb 2012 12:55

Dear Helge,

Thanks for posting this photo!

The Google translator helps to understand exotic languages, and it is a huge step forward from the early years of the Russian site on Peiper, when the world, in general, could not read it at all. But the translation is unfortunately far from perfect. When you see in such a text "Piper" be sure to correct it to "Peiper" : ). The "Grass" means here Traves ("trava" means indeed "grass" in Russian, and so the whole page about Peiper's postwar life looks rather... funny when google-translated : )).

This site moved last summer to another address, but most of the internal links are intact. If you see links like http://ss-peiper.narod.ru , just correct the beginning of the address to http://peiper.reibert.info - and most links will work again. For example the links in the other posts of this threads, and many other old threads at the AHF.

Here is another picture of Jochen and Sigi together, and I think it may be the only one before the 1957. From the book of Thomas Fischer, "Soldiers of the Leibstandarte: SS-Brigadefuhrer Wilhelm Mohnke and 62 Soldiers of Hitler's Elite Division", p. 338.
http://peiper.reibert.info/gallery/1943 ... r_p338.jpg

(Well somehow my attachment failed, so I try to insert the picture another way...)

Jochen and Sigurd are in the center, he in a leather overcoat, she in a white overcoat and a brimmed hat. 3rd from left is Werner Sternebeck, in a light overcoat and a M34 cap. IIBtl LAH at a soccer game, Hasselt, Belgium, spring 1944.

The LAH then was resting there, and Sigurd visited. The boy by them belongs to another family, see a woman in white behind him, and also a man in civilian clothing. (Peiper's son Hinrich was only 2 years old at that period).

Note, that Sigurd seems to be taller than Jochen, or at least same height! : )
Here are them enlarged, Jochen first from left, Sigi second:

Last edited by Snarka on 18 Feb 2012 22:15, edited 5 times in total.
Snarka
Russian Federation

Postby Snarka on 18 Feb 2012 13:08

... another try in attaching the file....
...and another failure. Maybe the file is just too big?

Here trying to attach a fragment with Jochen and Sigi...
Snarka
Russian Federation

PreviousNext

Return to Women in the Reich