Pictures of Ilse Hess

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
Helge

Re: Pictures of Ilse Hess

Post by Helge » 31 Jan 2014, 22:25

1948 Ilse Hess

Source: http://www.argentaimages.com
Attachments
EDS1352310484QHRCYV.jpg
EDS1352310484QHRCYV.jpg (63.97 KiB) Viewed 1633 times
Sota ei päätä kuka on oikeassa, vain sen että kuka on jäljellä.
War does not decide who is right but only those who are left.

ladycplum

Post by ladycplum » 05 Feb 2014, 06:40

Voracious4Info of '33-'34 wrote:Can you tell what sort of people Rudolf and Ilse Hess were- as far as personalities and mannerisms go?
I've read a little about Herr Hess... but hopefully, you have interesting information you'd like to share.
Thank you!
A lot of TV documentaries and books tend to have gone out of their way to portray Rudolf Hess as a very strange man, obsessed with holistic medicines, physical fitness, he was a hypochondriac, heavily into astrology, the Occult (I do believe he was a member of the Thule Society, someone please correct me if I'm wrong), but I've also seen and read sources that say he was a very loving father and adored his son. There is a book, for the life of me I cannot remember the title, it was written and expanded on by a father and son, about the children of some of the higher-ups in the Nazi command, and said he and Ilse had tried for a child desperately after they got married, tried herbal remedies, everything they could, then finally just thought they couldn't conceive. Hess supposedly danced for joy when he was born. Each Gauleiter in the country sent over a sack of earth from their Gau to be laid under a specially-prepared crib for Wolf, so that he could be symbolically born on German soil. I haven't really found much on how Frau Hess was as far as a mother, but I can imagine she had to be strong to raise her son basically from the age of about 4 as a married single mother! Sorry if I rambled and I hope I shed maybe a little light on your question!
"The more I see, the more I know. The more I know, the less I understand"-Paul Weller

Helge

Post by Helge » 01 Jun 2014, 10:22

Ilse und Rudolf
Attachments
Ilse un Rudolf.jpg
Ilse un Rudolf.jpg (62.21 KiB) Viewed 1419 times

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 01 Jun 2014, 13:07

There is a book, for the life of me I cannot remember the title, it was written and expanded on by a father and son, about the children of some of the higher-ups in the Nazi command, and said he and Ilse had tried for a child desperately after they got married, tried herbal remedies, everything they could, then finally just thought they couldn't conceive.
Could the book be "Hitler's Children" by Gerald L. Posner?

Oberhessin

Post by Oberhessin » 03 Jun 2014, 06:07

I would suggest that it is the book of the Norbert and Stefan Lebert, "Denn Du trägst meinen Namen".

Helge

Post by Helge » 03 Jun 2014, 20:48

Ilse Hess post war.

Source: Münchner Illustrierte 17 Juli 1954
Attachments
Ilse Hess.jpg

freddiefro

Post by freddiefro » 06 Jun 2014, 14:33

Ilse and Rudolf 1934. (Source: NARA)

Fred
Attachments
ilse_und_rudolf.jpg
ilse_und_rudolf.jpg (71.13 KiB) Viewed 1297 times

macbrazil

Post by macbrazil » 25 May 2016, 23:02

Dear Helge

I'm a writer form Brazil and am writing a book about Rudolf Hess. I would like to communicate with his grandson Wolf Andrea for a couple of questions or small interview. You answered you may have the families address. Can you forward this to me or do you by any means know an email I can contact him?
Or maybe you have some tip that can help me find him.

Thanks in advance

Helge wrote:Oberhessin,

Spouse Ilse Pröhl (22 June 1900 - 7 September 1995) married 20 December 1927
Wolf Rüdiger Hess (18 November 1937 - 24 October 2001) was the son of Rudolf Hess.
He left behind a widow Andrea Hess and a son Wolf Andreas Hess.
For the address I can not break the rules of the Forum. Send me an email address for Hess Family

Helge

Return to “Women in the Reich”