Irmgard Rickheim - Mistress Odilo Globocnik

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
Helge

Irmgard Rickheim - Mistress Odilo Globocnik

Post by Helge » 28 Aug 2011, 10:28

In October 1944 Globocnik married Lore Peterschinegg, head of the Carinthian BDM (Bund Deutscher Mädel), this followed a relationship with Irmgard Rickheim in Lublin.

The photographs are the property of Irmgard Rickheim Collection
Attachments
Irmgard Rickheim- Globocnik Mistress.jpg
Last edited by Helge on 28 Aug 2011, 10:59, edited 1 time in total.
Sota ei päätä kuka on oikeassa, vain sen että kuka on jäljellä.
War does not decide who is right but only those who are left.

Helge

Re: Irmgard Rickheim - Mistress Odilo Globocnik

Post by Helge » 28 Aug 2011, 10:50

Odilo Globocnik and Irmgard Rickheim Lublin, 1941

The photographs are the property of Irmgard Rickheim Collection
Attachments
Globocnik Mistress.jpg
Globocnik Mistress.jpg (109.66 KiB) Viewed 7196 times

J. Duncan

Post by J. Duncan » 28 Aug 2011, 12:08

Attractive woman. She is mentioned in the book linked below.
http://www.amazon.com/Odilo-Globocnik-H ... 021&sr=1-1

michael mills

Post by michael mills » 27 Sep 2011, 05:17

Apparently Rickheim bore a daughter to Globocnik right at the end of the war.

I recently saw a television program called "Inheritance", in which that daughter, now an unusually tall, rather blowsy and down-at-heel woman in her sixties, set out to meet an older Jewess who had been a servant in Globocnik's house in the Plaszow camp.

The daughter had never known her father, and had been told he died in the war. She appears to have had a rather unhappy relationship with her mother. A lot of the program is taken up with her speculating about the nature of her father, Globocnik, and what his relationship with her mother must have been like.

The daughter appears to have had a rather hard, unhappy life. She had her own daughter who became a drug-addict and committed suicide. Now she is caring for her grand-daughter.

The scene in which she and the Jewess meet on the site of the Plaszow camp (the Jewess having come from the United States) is rather embarassing. Globocnik's daughter sits in the preserved commandant's house weeping uncontrollably while the Jewess harangues her in a shrill, barking tone about how much she hated her father. The Jewess appears to be consumed by hatred; although she does not overtly hate the daughter, one does gain the impression that she had sub-consciously transferred her hatred for the father to the daughter.

The program includes full footage of the hanging of Globocnik, including the two failed attempts in which the thin rope broke, causing him to fall into the trapdoor. The Jewess then comments that Globocnik's death was too easy, and that he should have suffered more.

The Jewess comes across as a totally unpleasant person, hard and unforgiving. Perhaps her childhood experience as a servant of Globocnik made her that way.

Globocnik's daughter comes across as a pitiful wretch, a broken person leading a marginal existence. She almost looks like a bag-lady, perhaps suffering the effects of alcohol or drug-abuse.

Helge

Post by Helge » 27 Sep 2011, 18:59

michael mills wrote:Apparently Rickheim bore a daughter to Globocnik right at the end of the war.........
Globocnik’s marriage in October 1944. Globocnik’s bride was the Carinthian leader of the League for German Maidens (BDM) Lore Peterschnigg. It seems to me a strange thing that Globocnik may have had a daughter from his previous lover.
Let's you and me to check this new thing.

Helge

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Post by Michael Miller » 01 Oct 2011, 00:01

Michael, you're writing about Amon Göth (the one played by Ralph Fiennes in "Schindler's List"); Globocnik (SSPF Lublin / HSSPF Adriatisches Küstenland) had no direct involvement with Plaszow, and he committed suicide before he could be hanged.

Göth's mistress was Ruth Irene Kalder. For an embarrassingly bad article ("On September 13, 1946, the satanic :roll: [my emphasis] SS commandant shrieked his last words...") on her daughter, Monika, see http://www.jewishpress.com/pageroute.do/40009/ . And more here: http://www.scrapbookpages.com/poland/pl ... ow03B.html

Regarding your comment here:
The Jewess comes across as a totally unpleasant person, hard and unforgiving. Perhaps her childhood experience as a servant of Globocnik [sic] made her that way.
You do know what the SS did to these people, right? I'm generally soft and forgiving, myself, but if I was asked to opine on the man who did so much to brutalize and butcher my friends and family, I might be a little of the opposite. And I might indeed not come off as particularly "pleasant". Of COURSE "her childhood experience... made her that way."

~ Mike

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Post by Michael Miller » 01 Oct 2011, 00:31

Michael,

Regarding your use of the archaic term "Jewess"- while not in violation of any rules here, it is generally regarded as an offensive term in this day and age, in much the same way as "negress" is deemed offensive. This subject is discussed at length here: http://english.stackexchange.com/questi ... er-neutral .

~ MIke

Helge

Post by Helge » 01 Oct 2011, 06:50

Hello Michael Mills.

You confuse Ruth Irene Kalder (Amon Goth mistress) with Irmgard Rickheim. I enclose two photos of Ruth Irene Kalder and I apologize if I go off topic.

Ruth Irene Kalder is the woman with dark hair

Helge
Attachments
432px-Kalder_und_Freundin.jpg
432px-Kalder_und_Freundin.jpg (76.28 KiB) Viewed 6846 times
Irene_Kalder_mit_Freundin.jpg

michael mills

Post by michael mills » 01 Oct 2011, 13:18

Yes, you are right. The television program was about Amon Göth's daughter by his mistress, not Globocnik's. I did confuse the two.

It was however a very interesting program, and my comments remain unchanged, except that they apply to Amon Göth's illegitimate daughter and to Helena, the Jewess who worked in Göth's house in the Plaszow camp.

Helge

Post by Helge » 01 Oct 2012, 10:37

Peter Globocnik (the son of Odilo) in 19 july 1992 has given an interview. You can read it here : http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 34130.html

filigranofil

Post by filigranofil » 23 Mar 2014, 15:19

Hello,

Irmgard Rickheim was from 5.1.1940 till 30.9.1941 secretary in Globocnik office.
She was born on 8.12.1920 in Berlin.
Globocnik was engaged with Rickheim and ask Himmler for permission for wedding. At first step he sid he is happy for engagement...
Rickheim ask for papers (RuS) on 15.7.1941 and 10.10.1941 but... there arrived a letter of "friend" of Globocnik to Himmler, that the bride was not behave properly on holidays in Zakopane.
At the end Rickheim wrote a Letter to Himmler but nothing helps so at the end of 1942 Globocnik must cancel the engagement.

Globocnik was engaged than with Lore Peterschinegg, born 28.3.1917 in Spittal/Drau, Carinthia. Globocnik ask Himmler for permission for wedding at 1.August 1944 with Idea to wedding in the year 1944.

regards
Darko

Helge

Post by Helge » 23 Mar 2014, 18:54

Clarification.

The exact name of Lore Peterschinegg is Laurentia Peterschinegg

filigranofil

Post by filigranofil » 23 Mar 2014, 20:31

Hello Helge,

in a official Document of marriage is bride Name Lore...

regards
Darko

Helge

Post by Helge » 23 Mar 2014, 20:50

filigranofil wrote:Hello Helge,

in a official Document of marriage is bride Name Lore...

regards
Darko
Yes, many names have been changed. An example is Carl Wiligut varied with the name Karl Wiligut. These variations seem to always return to Austria.

Helge

Return to “Women in the Reich”