Hilda Leesmann: the first wife of Rosenberg

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
J. Duncan

Re: Hilda Leesmann: the first wife of Rosenberg

Post by J. Duncan » 22 Jul 2012, 10:26

Here is what Cecil says about divorce from Hilda and subsequent marriage to Hedwig on page 52 of his book "Myth of the Master Race":

"Meanwhile Rosenberg had at last begun to create a home life for himself. In July 1923 he had obtained a divorce from Hilda, appearing himself as the guilty party. (note #45) One day, walking from the VB office he saw entering a Greek restaurant 'a beautiful, slim lady in a dark costume and a large black hat with a tartan band...I was suddenly interested'....Her name was Hedwig Kramer and on 3 January 1925 he married her."

Note # 45 says: " Prozessregister No. 11, E. Landgericht Munich I "

J. Duncan

Post by J. Duncan » 22 Jul 2012, 10:38

Here is what Cecil says about Edith von Schrenck on pages 23-24:

"Since his arrival in Munich Rosenberg had been dependent on the Relief Committee which arranged accomadation for refugees as well as a communal kitchen, to which they came daily bringing their own spoons. Another committee was raising volunteers to defend the baltic states against the Red Army. This at last put Rosenberg in mind of his sick wife; the Committee agreed, in the light of his responsibilities, that he could not be expected to go. Instead, he spent his days in art galleries and public libraries; he was reading not only Indian philosophy, but everything he could find about Jewish history and religious literature such as the Talmud. Walking alone along the street, he saw a familiar name on a billboard: 'Edith v. Schrenck : Dancing'. She had worked with Hilda in the Dalcroze school in St. Petersburg. He went to see her, mentioned that he would like to write about his experiences in Russia and was advised to see Eckart, whose newspaper was familiar to her. It proved to be the decisive contact of Rosenberg's life, because even before he met Hitler it started him on his career as a publicist in the cause of political extremism."

Helge

Post by Helge » 22 Jul 2012, 11:04

A little rarity: Arno Wolfgang Schickedanz born on 15 december 1892 in Riga (original name Šikedancs Arno Volfgangs)
Photography is the time when he was a student along with Alfred Rosenberg. It 'a mutual friend of Alfred and Hilda.

Photo: http://data.lnb.lv/retumiprojekts/aprak ... bosanas=42
Attachments
sikedancsarno.jpg
sikedancsarno.jpg (88.85 KiB) Viewed 5648 times
Sota ei päätä kuka on oikeassa, vain sen että kuka on jäljellä.
War does not decide who is right but only those who are left.

Helge

Post by Helge » 22 Jul 2012, 11:23

J. Duncan wrote:Here is what Cecil says about divorce from Hilda and subsequent marriage to Hedwig on page 52 of his book "Myth of the Master Race":

"Meanwhile Rosenberg had at last begun to create a home life for himself. In July 1923 he had obtained a divorce from Hilda, appearing himself as the guilty party. (note #45) One day, walking from the VB office he saw entering a Greek restaurant 'a beautiful, slim lady in a dark costume and a large black hat with a tartan band...I was suddenly interested'....Her name was Hedwig Kramer and on 3 January 1925 he married her."

Note # 45 says: " Prozessregister No. 11, E. Landgericht Munich I "
Great Duncan: We have also the month of divorce!

Helge

Post by Helge » 22 Jul 2012, 12:12

According to the written records of Baronesse Mathilde Buxhoeveden, Hilda Elfriede Leesmann married Alfred Rosenberg on March 10, 1915 and died on February 1, 1928 (in Nievre in France) and not in 1923. It 'important news: Alfred could not divorce a woman already dead or dying.
The divorce takes place, as written by Duncan in the post, in July 1923.
Attachments
Leesmann.jpg

Helge

Post by Helge » 22 Jul 2012, 13:05

Nièvre is a Compartment, Clamecy the city where there was the Sanatorium where she died Hilda Elfriede Leesmann on February 1, 1928.

Photo: http://www.communes.com/bourgogne/nievr ... es,46.html
Attachments
cartes-postales-photos-Nouvel-l-Hopital-hospice--Sanatorium-CLAMECY-58500-6545-20071013-i7c2f3f0g8o4j5q1p7y6.jpg-1-maxi.jpg
cartes-postales-photos-Nouvel-l-Hopital-hospice--Sanatorium-CLAMECY-58500-6545-20071013-i7c2f3f0g8o4j5q1p7y6.jpg-1-maxi.jpg (114.1 KiB) Viewed 5635 times

J. Duncan

Post by J. Duncan » 22 Jul 2012, 13:19

Great work Helge!

I have never seen a photo of Arno Schikedanz so that was a real treat. Arno and Alfred were good friends all the way to the end. He is mentioned many times by Rosenberg in his memoirs. Arno joined the NSDAP, wrote a few tracts, became an official...I think he committed suicide upon the conclusion of the war. Don't know much about him really.

Rosenberg was truthful...he divorced Hilda in 1923 and she died in France (not Switzerland) in 1928. If we re-read his memoir snippet in the previous post, he never said she died in 1923..he said he divorced her in 1923, she went to France and he never gave a date for her death.

Helge

Post by Helge » 22 Jul 2012, 13:43

J. Duncan wrote:Great work Helge!

Rosenberg was truthful...he divorced Hilda in 1923 and she died in France (not Switzerland) in 1928. If we re-read his memoir snippet in the previous post, he never said she died in 1923..he said he divorced her in 1923, she went to France and he never gave a date for her death.
Duncan I was referring to the wrong things to Wikipedia (Estonian Edition) for the date of the death of Hilda!
I Can Say That the two of us we are getting great results on a woman very much overlooked by the information? It 'a pleasure working with you.

Helge

J. Duncan

Post by J. Duncan » 22 Jul 2012, 15:35

Helge
I feel the same way! (pleasure working on this with you!)
I wanted to know about that note above from the Baroness. The one concerning the marriage underlined in red...it has the date of marriage to Rosenberg (10 März 15)..after, not underlined says "gsch. 25"...what does that mean? That they got divorced in 1925?? This could mean that Rosenberg started divorce proceedings in 1923 but that the final divorce wasn't granted until 1925 when he married Hedwig? I'm confused by that note - does the Baroness have it wrong, or Cecil is wrong or I didn't understand what it said. I just noticed it.

Helge

Post by Helge » 22 Jul 2012, 16:53

J. Duncan wrote:Helge
I feel the same way! (pleasure working on this with you!)
I wanted to know about that note above from the Baroness. The one concerning the marriage underlined in red...it has the date of marriage to Rosenberg (10 März 15)..after, not underlined says "gsch. 25"...what does that mean? That they got divorced in 1925?? This could mean that Rosenberg started divorce proceedings in 1923 but that the final divorce wasn't granted until 1925 when he married Hedwig? I'm confused by that note - does the Baroness have it wrong, or Cecil is wrong or I didn't understand what it said. I just noticed it.
Exactly! gsch. = geschieden = divorced in year 1925.
Probably the request of July 1923 (separation?) and the judgment of divorce in 1925. Now I understand why Alfred Rosenberg is the second marriage in 1925 with Hedwig Kramer.

Helge

Post by Helge » 22 Jul 2012, 19:28

The records of sisters of Hilda
Attachments
1 Leesmann.jpg
2 Leesmann.jpg

Helge

Post by Helge » 23 Jul 2012, 09:56

Duncan,

I think that Alfred Rosenberg in the year 1923/1924 could not easily attend the Court of Monaco of Bavaria. The reason? Bierhallenputsch! He could not for the divorce risk imprisonment in Landsberg. After the situation was calm he is able to proceed with divorce.

Helge

Post by Helge » 26 Jul 2012, 14:56

Alfred Rosenberg on his arrest in Flensburg, Germany, in May 1945. (AP Photo)
Attachments
GetBinary.jpg
GetBinary.jpg (46.12 KiB) Viewed 5518 times

Helge

Post by Helge » 23 Aug 2012, 11:03

Alfred Rosenberg as an official emissary of Adolf Hitler in 1933 lays a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in London.
http://www.gahetna.nl
Attachments
Alfred Rosenberg.jpg
Alfred Rosenberg.jpg (163.09 KiB) Viewed 5443 times

Helge

Post by Helge » 23 Sep 2016, 21:47

Albert Leesmann: the brother in law of Alfred Rosenberg.
Attachments
Tallin Registry Office.jpg

Return to “Women in the Reich”