Pictures of Gertrud Scholtz-Klink

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
Matt Gibbs

Re: Pictures of Gertrud Scholtz-Klink

Post by Matt Gibbs » 15 Jun 2011, 09:17

Very interesting document no doubt [if I could read it ;)] but nonetheless a great find. I did not know S-K had been to the UK on a visit before so the photos of her at Croyden airport are a nice discovery too. I must try and see if this was written up in the English Press, no doubt it was.

Matt Gibbs

Post by Matt Gibbs » 15 Jun 2011, 09:22

Hmm, a very quick search indicates that of course such a dignatories visit was noted in the press. The Daily Telegraph reported on a 1939 dinner given her by the Anglo-German Fellowship, and mentions that she was met at the airport by the wife of the German Ambassador. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... -1939.html
Incidentally it mentions her as having 2 boys and 2 girls. It was her second trip to the Uk as she previously visited in 1938 and addressed the Third International Congress for Social Work.

Helge

Post by Helge » 15 Jun 2011, 12:45

Excellent Matt Gibbs: We now have the guide complete with article and photos :)
Thanks
Helge
Sota ei päätä kuka on oikeassa, vain sen että kuka on jäljellä.
War does not decide who is right but only those who are left.

pavel michalek

Post by pavel michalek » 15 Jun 2011, 22:13

Helge wrote:Finnish artists Kunsthadwerkerinnen exhibition opened in Berlin.
In the presence of the President of the Finnish-Latta Sväx organization, Fannin Luukkonen, found service .... 05/18/1943) in the guest house of the kingdom of women's leadership in Berlin, the opening diner exhibition Finnish Kïnstlerinführerin, Mrs. Scholtz-Klink instead, which will go from Berlin in several cities of the empire and in more detail would help us in the arts with Finland and the respect for the achievements of the to deepen Finnish people.
The President of the Finnish Lotta Svärad organization, Fanni Luukkonen with Reichsfrauenfrührerin, Mrs. Scholtz-Klink on a first tour of the exhibition.
18-05-1943

Admiral in the centre is Max Bastian.

Matt Gibbs

Post by Matt Gibbs » 03 Aug 2011, 21:56

A piture of S-K in colour I haven't happened to see before.
Attachments
SKcolourlife.jpg

bigger_chief

Post by bigger_chief » 10 Aug 2011, 02:16

2 period postcards featuring Gertrud Scholtz-Klink
Attachments
Gertrud Scholtz-Klink - 2265917 d.jpg
Gertrud Scholtz-Klink - 2265917 d.jpg (198.22 KiB) Viewed 4963 times

J. Duncan

Post by J. Duncan » 10 Aug 2011, 11:12

I do not think that is GSK in either photo. That lumpy woman on the right is an older woman (look at her style of dress) and looks nothing like her. Gertrud was trim, fit as a fiddle, and although not especailly attractive, she certainly didn't have the rolls of fat as shown in the woman on the right (or the woman on the left, who looks also appears fat).

Helge

Post by Helge » 11 Aug 2011, 14:02

Gertrud Scholtz Klink - False Information

TIME MAGAZINE U.S.

Foreign News: The Suicides
Monday, Apr. 30, 1945

For the killers the time had come to kill themselves. Nazi officials and bigwig Germans began to practice the act for which their language has an expressive word—Selbstmord, self-murder.
Near the Swiss border, Frau Gertrud Heissmeyer Scholtz-Klink, Reichsfrauen-führerin of all the Nazi women's organizations, was reported to have taken her life.
In Weimar, after viewing the horrors of Buchenwald, the Mayor and his wife died by slashing their wrists.
In Nürnberg, Nazi Boss Karl Holz shot Mayor Willi Liebel and then himself.
In Leipzig Herr Dr. Bundin chose to die by a method in keeping with his professional interests (he was owner of a big bazooka factory). To a caviar-and-cham-pagne banquet he invited 100 of his cronies. When the last course was eaten, the fat cigars smoked and the fine cognac gone, Herr Bundin pressed a button. He had mined the banquet hall. He and his guests were atomized into dust.
In Leipzig G.I.s scouted the deserted Rathaus (City Hall), reported: "There's some civilian stiffs upstairs."
In his solid mayoral chair sat Oberbürgermeister Alfred Freiberg, his sightless eyes fixed on the carved ceiling. In armchairs beside him, waxen-faced in death, sat his matronly wife and bespectacled daughter. In an adjoining room Stadtkämmerer (City Treasurer) Kurt Lisso, his wife and daughter also sat in poisoned death. The rigid bodies of four Volkstürmers sprawled in other offices. Two, it was plain, had sat across a table, sipping brandy until one had drunk enough to pick up a machine pistol, shoot his comrade and then himself.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/artic ... 13,00.html

Helge

Post by Helge » 11 Aug 2011, 18:41

Munster: 5 January 1941 Reception of the Reich Women's Leader Gertrud Scholtz-Klink, the Hall of Peace, the right of the Gauleiter Alfred Meyer

http://www.muenster.de/stadt/kriegschro ... aenge.html
Attachments
Munster.jpg
Munster.jpg (70.13 KiB) Viewed 4889 times
Last edited by Helge on 11 Aug 2011, 19:10, edited 1 time in total.

Helge

Post by Helge » 11 Aug 2011, 19:10

Attachments
24768.jpg

bob7708

Post by bob7708 » 12 Aug 2011, 17:02

Her's an interesting summation of her life for us who knew absolutely nothing about her.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gertrud_Scholtz-Klink

Annelie

Post by Annelie » 12 Aug 2011, 19:44

Klink, supposedely wrote

She claimed that for a woman to be involved in politics, she would either have to "become like a man", which would "shame her sex", or "behave like a woman", which would prevent her from achieving anything
since she passed away after a long life, I wonder if she changed any of her views?

J. Duncan

Post by J. Duncan » 12 Aug 2011, 21:17

Not according to Claudia Koonz who interviewed her in the 1980's (shortly before her death) for her book "Mothers in the Fatherland"....she remained an unrepentant Nazi to her dying breath.

Helge

Post by Helge » 13 Aug 2011, 03:04

The son of Gertrude Scholtz Klink and August Heissmeyer is Hartmut Heissmeyer

bob7708

Post by bob7708 » 13 Aug 2011, 06:18

Annelie wrote:Klink, supposedely wrote

She claimed that for a woman to be involved in politics, she would either have to "become like a man", which would "shame her sex", or "behave like a woman", which would prevent her from achieving anything
since she passed away after a long life, I wonder if she changed any of her views?
I detect an echo of Eva Braun in her and that's sad when a woman commits herself totally to Hitler and Nazism like these two woman did. Gertrud Scholtz-Klink commited herself to Nazism and Eva to Hitler and that's very sad.
There was another woman, Inga Ley, and I found myself very interested and captivated by her. I got to thinking about that and as commited as Inga was to Hitler and if I knew her, I probably couldn't stand being in the samre room with her. She was probably too much like the two women above.

Return to “Women in the Reich”