Hedwig Potthast

Discussions on the role played by and situation of women in the Third Reich not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Vikki.
Erich-SA

Hedwig Potthast

Post by Erich-SA » 11 Aug 2004, 05:21

Does anyone have a photo of Heinrich Himmler's secretary/mistress Hedwig Potthast? I've been unable to find a photo of her.
Thanks in advance!
Erich

nanette

photo

Post by nanette » 16 Aug 2004, 18:54

hi everybody, i'm just registered on this beautifull site that i've seen your message.

A very gorgeous photo of HASCHEN is in this site:

http://www.geocities.com/nordicfemale/h ... tthast.jpg

I would like to know what happened to her and children when Himmler left her on 10 th of May 1945.

Did they survived?

bye frida

Max Williams

Post by Max Williams » 16 Aug 2004, 19:47

This photo appears in a Himmler biography, but there is doubt as to whether it is Hedwig or a young Marga Himmler. It certainly looks like Marga.
Max.

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Post by Michael Miller » 16 Aug 2004, 23:09

I agree - she bears a great resemblance to HH's wife, Marga.

~ Mike

Roderick

Post by Roderick » 17 Aug 2004, 19:44

It's always very expensive to keep a mistress and may you imagine with two children!
In order to avoid a scandal, Herr Heinrich Himmler borrowed 80.000 marks from the Party Chancellery and built a house for this woman at Schonau, near Berchtesgaden. There she became friend with Bormann's wife.

Unfortunately I know nothing about Hedwig Potthast after the war but I would wager 4 cents as the children are alive. :oops:

Roderick

nanette

Post by nanette » 18 Aug 2004, 18:53

I think so, but if Hedwig and children were in american hand in May 1945, how could they disappeared at all just today ? Others nazi wiwes went to concentration fields , so Marga and Gudrun, but Hedwig?

I'd like so much to know something about, and sorry for my bad english

ciao Frida

nanette

hanschen's house

Post by nanette » 18 Aug 2004, 19:41

Roderick wrote:It's always very expensive to keep a mistress and may you imagine with two children!
In order to avoid a scandal, Herr Heinrich Himmler borrowed 80.000 marks from the Party Chancellery and built a house for this woman at Schonau, near Berchtesgaden. There she became friend with Bormann's wife.

Unfortunately I know nothing about Hedwig Potthast after the war but I would wager 4 cents as the children are alive. :oops:

Roderick
I visited obersalzberg last June and i founded after many researches the house built for Hanschen known as Snheewinkellehen (or something so written ). it is a normal tyrol house, not so big and definitely H. couldn't pay so much for it. Perhaps something strange in this ?

nanette

Himmler and family

Post by nanette » 19 Aug 2004, 14:01

Das someone knows the full birth's dates of H.H's children?

I'm also interested in professional astrology and i would like to built their natal charts that would give some important informations.

I only have the 7th of october 1900 for Heinrich, but i need of the hour of birth and place for the natal chart, so for Hedwig i have 1912 and nada mas. Could help me please to obtain these informations?

It will be great

ciao Frida

nanette

Re: Hedwig Potthast

Post by nanette » 04 Sep 2004, 10:43

Erich-SA wrote:Does anyone have a photo of Heinrich Himmler's secretary/mistress Hedwig Potthast? I've been unable to find a photo of her.
Thanks in advance!
Erich
Yes, I have one picture of her in black and white taken from the book "Eine Frau an seiner Seite" written by Gudrun Schwarz in 1997. Unfortunately it came up quite unclear . Hope it can help you! :)
In the meantime do you know her birthday date and death?

Bye,

Nanette
Attachments
hedwig.jpg
hedwig.jpg (21.87 KiB) Viewed 4719 times

Erich-SA

Post by Erich-SA » 04 Sep 2004, 16:34

Thanks Nanette!
Are you sure that's Hedwig? I can't see any details, but if you could, would you send me an e=mail with the photo at a larger resolution?
Thanks!
Erich

nanette

Post by nanette » 05 Sep 2004, 09:59

Erich-SA wrote:Thanks Nanette!
Are you sure that's Hedwig? I can't see any details, but if you could, would you send me an e=mail with the photo at a larger resolution?
Thanks!
Erich
That's the best resolution I can get. I am pretty sure that the lady on the picture is Hedwig (that's what the note says)...
It's the only one I have got, though I don't know why it's impossible to find others meanwhile Marga is portraied in thousands of different ways. The last news about Hedwig is about her being under american custody in may '45 along with Gehbard and her children. Do you know anything more about where she ended? If you prefere the picture by e.mail just send your address.

Ciao

Nanette
Attachments
Hedwig Potthast colori.jpg
Hedwig Potthast colori.jpg (35.83 KiB) Viewed 4672 times

Barbara1833

Post by Barbara1833 » 01 Mar 2016, 00:14

It's definitively NOT Hedwig Potthast, but a school directrice of Holland !!

Mary Jane

Post by Mary Jane » 24 Mar 2016, 17:22

I believe during the time this topic opened, there wasn't as much information surfaced about Hedwig Potthast.

Luckily today a basic Google search gives us an idea (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedwig_Potthast) and that her children are alive for fact.

By the way, I'm amazed how in recent years new info constantly tends to come up, especially about the relations & family of the key Nazi figures, as well as about the people involved in the Holocaust in their pasts.

Return to “Women in the Reich”