Axis History Forum

This is an apolitical forum for discussions on the Axis nations and related topics hosted by Marcus Wendel's Axis History Factbook in cooperation with Michael Miller's Axis Biographical Research, Christoph Awender's WW2 day by dayand Christian Ankerstjerne’s Panzerworld.

Skip to content

If you found the forum useful please consider supporting us. You can also support us by buying books through the AHF Bookstore.

New online database of the Defense Ministry is opened

Discussions on all aspects of the USSR, from the Russian Civil War till the end of the Great Patriotic War and the war against Japan.
Hosted by Art.

Re: New online database of the Defense Ministry is opened

Postby Art on 28 Jul 2011 19:08

leachjeff wrote:Could anyone tell me if these records also contain the records of the Military Districts (at least some or parts of some are there)?

No, they do not.
I think the records from the Central Asian Military District (CABO) are in ЦАМО фонд 447

It's an archival fund of the 53 Army. Quoting from an earlier thread:
The numbers from the series ** correspond to central directorates and departments of the NKO and General Staff (for example f.38 is the Main Armored-Tank Directorate), 1** - to military districts, 2** to fronts, 3** and 4** to armies etc
Art
Forum Staff
Russian Federation

Postby Jeff Leach on 07 Jun 2012 08:44

How is this project progressing? It doesn't seem to be updated in quite some time. I think Alex said something about the Russian authorities having second thoughts about the project. It would be a shame because there is some real interesting stuff among the published material. If they could just finish the material on 1941 then someone could rewrite a more balanced history of Operation Barbarossa: a really messy affair full of contradictions and bad (insane) decisions.
Jeff Leach
Financial supporter
Sweden

Postby Art on 07 Jun 2012 17:50

I suppose that there are problems with funding.
Art
Forum Staff
Russian Federation

Previous

Return to The Soviet Union at War 1917-1945