How were Lend-lease requirements calculated?

Discussions on all aspects of the USSR, from the Russian Civil War till the end of the Great Patriotic War and the war against Japan. Hosted by Art.
Felix C

How were Lend-lease requirements calculated?

Post by Felix C » 08 Aug 2015, 16:12

Did the Soviets present a least of needed items in generic terms or specific terms? Did the Allies provide their own production excesses or outcasts? I am thinking of the P-39/P-400 in the latter example. Maybe the 4000 Valentines as well.
Where Soviet requirements to meet current needs or near present or future needs? I mean as in trucks, RR items, communication items, etc.

The Allies did not send artillery? I read about armor, a/c, wheel transport, logistics, comm., food,etc but not artillery.

Hoist40

Re: How were Lend-lease requirements calculated?

Post by Hoist40 » 08 Aug 2015, 18:06

It looks like the Soviet Union got some light artillery (75mm), it also got some AA artillery. Some things are very new equipment but only in small numbers which is probably so the Soviets could test them and see if they wanted them. Two examples are 120mm AA gun where they got 4, and the M26 tank where they got 1. But for medium and heavy artillery it appears the Soviets supplied their own.

http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USA/ref ... ip-3A.html

OpanaPointer
Financial supporter

Re: How were Lend-lease requirements calculated?

Post by OpanaPointer » 08 Aug 2015, 20:16

Glad to see Hyperwar is getting some use. ;)
Come visit our sites:
hyperwarHyperwar
World War II Resources

Bellum se ipsum alet, mostly Doritos.

Return to “The Soviet Union at War 1917-1945”