Stasi uniform to Heer uniform

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Trainboy153

Stasi uniform to Heer uniform

Post by Trainboy153 » 28 Jun 2015, 05:11

Hello. I recently bought a Stasi uniform because it looked similar to the World War Two German uniform. It seems it isn't quite so in real life. Mainly the fabric isn't quite correct. Any suggestions on making this East German uniform more like a Wehermach uniform? :milsmile: :milwink:

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Re: Stasi uniform to Heer uniform

Post by John G. » 28 Jun 2015, 12:16

Trainboy153 wrote:Hello. I recently bought a Stasi uniform because it looked similar to the World War Two German uniform. It seems it isn't quite so in real life. Mainly the fabric isn't quite correct. Any suggestions on making this East German uniform more like a Wehermach uniform? :milsmile: :milwink:
:welcome:
Going to be "gentle" as I can.... but you're wasting your efforts trying to make a E.German uniform into a "WW2", ... except for the style, nothing is even close and best would be a poorly chosen "Holloween costume"....

If you want something that looks real, there are many moderately priced reproductions that will be closer looking.... if you want a costume... I'd reconsider the "German" choice... never goes over well IMO. (East German would probably be o.k. :? )

This thread should really be in the "reenactor" section... but not a big deal.
If you're serious about collecting/history... originals are always a better investment- (historically & monetarily!).
John G.
Co-moderator

Ian Hulley

Post by Ian Hulley » 28 Jun 2015, 12:48

Yes, DDR is ok for the low budget History Channel documentaries or a fancy dress party but that have no value other than maybe in about 150 years in their own historical context.

Ian

Trainboy153

Post by Trainboy153 » 28 Jun 2015, 17:37

Oh. I see. I'm only using this uniform for short films. For 30$ to get the jacket, pants and 4 hats plus pins etc. I guess it wasn't too bad. The uniform looks close enough for my purposes in black and white. Thank you.

Trainboy153

Post by Trainboy153 » 28 Jun 2015, 17:38

John G. wrote:
Trainboy153 wrote:Hello. I recently bought a Stasi uniform because it looked similar to the World War Two German uniform. It seems it isn't quite so in real life. Mainly the fabric isn't quite correct. Any suggestions on making this East German uniform more like a Wehermach uniform? :milsmile: :milwink:
:welcome:
Going to be "gentle" as I can.... but you're wasting your efforts trying to make a E.German uniform into a "WW2", ... except for the style, nothing is even close and best would be a poorly chosen "Holloween costume"....

If you want something that looks real, there are many moderately priced reproductions that will be closer looking.... if you want a costume... I'd reconsider the "German" choice... never goes over well IMO. (East German would probably be o.k. :? )

This thread should really be in the "reenactor" section... but not a big deal.
If you're serious about collecting/history... originals are always a better investment- (historically & monetarily!).
John G.
Co-moderator
Sorry about putting this in the wrong section. I just joined the forum so I'm still getting used to the different sections.

Ian Hulley

Post by Ian Hulley » 29 Jun 2015, 09:42

Trainboy153 wrote:Oh. I see. I'm only using this uniform for short films. For 30$ to get the jacket, pants and 4 hats plus pins etc. I guess it wasn't too bad. The uniform looks close enough for my purposes in black and white. Thank you.

Well, at least you'll be giving uniform collectors something to point out to their families :lol: I'm sure we all do it. :thumbsup:

Ian

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”