White Uniform Of The Third Reich. Pictures And Information

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
AlifRafikKhan

Re: White Uniform Of The Third Reich. Pictures And Informati

Postby AlifRafikKhan » 07 May 2013 22:09

The uniform of Oblt. Hans Kolbow, Kolbow was a member of JG 51 when he was KIA in July 1941 when his Me109 was hit by Russian ground fire when he was attacking vehicle columns, He bailed out but his parachute failed to open and he fell to his death. He was posthumously awarded the Knitescross on the 27th of July 41, he also was awarded the Spanish cross and other Spanish awards for his service with the Legon Condor. Adolf Galland flew his first combat mission in Spain as Hans Kolbows wingman. Kolbow had a number of victorys during the Battle of Britian. this uniform features on the cover of the book Uniforms and traditions of the Luftwaffe Vol 1 (see photos) the 2nd patt. Luftwaffe dagger is not Kolbows.

Source: http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/ ... ost2963124
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

William Kramer
Host - Militaria sections

Postby William Kramer » 08 May 2013 05:41

three Luftwaffe photos found while surfing. One from the archives and the other posted on WAF some time ago, stated as source unknown. Rare shot of NCO wearing a private purchase tunic as well. Both first pattern (drooptail) and second pattern aluminum eagle shown.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AlifRafikKhan

Postby AlifRafikKhan » 30 May 2013 00:34

Luftwaffe ace Heinrich Setz...

Source: http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Per ... /SetzH.htm

AlifRafikKhan

Postby AlifRafikKhan » 07 Jul 2013 09:24

AlifRafikKhan

Postby AlifRafikKhan » 16 Mar 2014 23:32

He's an Officer Candidate with braid on the collar, taken in 1941.

Source: http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/ ... p?t=727564

gaius

Postby gaius » 30 Apr 2014 22:03

I have a white Luftwaffe tunic that belonged to Hauptmann Günter Fehlberg in the flakkorps. It is the open collar design and the collar tabs are attached with four snaps and the shoulder board button is the screw-on type.

Does anyone know what years this type of summer uniform was made and/or when it was discontinued?

Additionally, below the owners name tag (which is typed and hand sewn), it says the following:

zd. R. 161

Does anyone know what this represents? I'm assuming it is a unit designation?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Johnnyrocket
Financial supporter

Postby Johnnyrocket » 14 May 2014 13:51

This is not a white jacket, but AH with a Black Tux.
AH TUX.jpg

Johnny R.
• Natural Born American Citizen
• American Patriot
• U.S. Army Vet. 1969-'71—Spc.5 Field Artillery
—Sworn by oath to support and defend the "CONSTITUTION" of the United States against all enemies, "FOREIGN" and "DOMESTIC"!

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Postby John G. » 14 May 2014 16:56

gaius wrote:I have a white Luftwaffe tunic that belonged to Hauptmann Günter Fehlberg in the flakkorps. It is the open collar design and the collar tabs are attached with four snaps and the shoulder board button is the screw-on type.

Does anyone know what years this type of summer uniform was made and/or when it was discontinued?

Additionally, below the owners name tag (which is typed and hand sewn), it says the following:

zd. R. 161

Does anyone know what this represents? I'm assuming it is a unit designation?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

The White Tunic was authorized from the foundation of the Luftwaffe (1935) thru the end of the war, but few officers would have found time to wear "white" after 1943/44 I would think.... so the time period would be more indicitive by the rank insignia and style.... most are 1937 thru 1942 I'd guess.....

Can't help on the markings....(possibly "Reserve" officer & #).... doesn't read like any unit I know of (Flak related) but not my speciality....
John G.

AlifRafikKhan

Postby AlifRafikKhan » 28 May 2014 11:31

Gauleiter Dr. Friedrich Rainer with his family...

Source: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=122932

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”