Axis History Forum

This is an apolitical forum for discussions on the Axis nations and related topics hosted by Marcus Wendel's Axis History Factbook in cooperation with Michael Miller's Axis Biographical Research, Christoph Awender's WW2 day by dayand Christian Ankerstjerne’s Panzerworld.

Skip to content

If you found the forum useful please consider supporting us. You can also support us by buying books through the AHF Bookstore.

Sewing patterns for German uniforms

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia.
Hosted by John G & William Kramer.

Sewing patterns for German uniforms

Postby Mangrove on 01 Nov 2010 18:51

Where I might get copies of sewing patterns for various German uniforms? I see these magazines might have the one I am mostly looking for (tank crew trousers) but unfortunately I can not find a copy of them.
http://www.usmbooks.com/nazi_uniforms.html
Mangrove
Finland

Re: Sewing patterns for German uniforms

Postby das gewehr on 04 Mar 2014 06:37

Hello, i'm from Argentina, and i need these patterns. Patterns do you have? Thank you.
das gewehr
Argentina

Re: Sewing patterns for German uniforms

Postby cnicoll123 on 07 Mar 2014 20:06

Sewing patterns eh?

For cuff titles, it varied between 17cm and 18cm above the sleeve-cuff's (If i remember correctly).

SS Arm eagle went roughly in-line with the bottom-edge of the tunic-pocket flap (On left arm... top pocket in-line).
WH eagle went 3/4cm above right-breast pocket, centred with button position (Again, if i remember correctly)

Rank-tabs went on the collar, leaving roughly 5cm from the edges in-case of rank-tresse.

Medal positions can be found on the web, especially from renowned militaria dealers. However you can always check in the medal section.

Hopefully this helped.
:thumbsup:
Connor Nicoll

Grenadier C.Nikel
1st SS Panzer Division "LSSAH" 3.Kp
cnicoll123
United Kingdom

Return to Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia