Which of these armbands are ^%%$#

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Which of these armbands are ^%%$#

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 19 Jun 2013, 23:26

Based on this one pic, which ones IYO(in your opinion) are either fake/or fantasy/ or repro.

I say 2 are good.

I know hard based on 1 pic, but this was posted on one of my groups as all good.
Attachments
998883_10200536137783767_681476178_n.jpg

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Re: Which of these armbands are ^%%$#

Post by John G. » 20 Jun 2013, 01:15

I'll play this game....I say the "SA Wehrmannschaft/Sports Leader" armband and probably the "thin NSDAP Swastika printed type" on the bottom.....all the others are N/G unless some oddball variation.....(NOT!)

The photo shows very little....but the rest are "one lookers" on the "thumbs down" side....IMO.
John G.

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 20 Jun 2013, 03:00

The 2 you said were good are the same 2 I told the guy, and told him all others were junk, and so of course he says I am full of crap!
I told him these look like armbands from Echoes Of Glory Auction House, :lol:

I told him he needs a refresher course on what is fantasy TR, fake s/and wrong materials and construction methods.

How about the one top right??? :lol: Total garbage..

Ian Hulley

Post by Ian Hulley » 20 Jun 2013, 10:09

John G. wrote:I'll play this game....I say the "SA Wehrmannschaft/Sports Leader" armband and probably the "thin NSDAP Swastika printed type" on the bottom.
Yep, I can go with that. The SS 'Reserve' band is a joke even at this distance :P

Ian

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 21 Jun 2013, 04:46

Boy is the guy madder than hell at me as I write this over on the other group! :lol: Getting all his moron want-a-be collector friends defending these POS armbands .. I love it when these crap shit relics get busted for what they are, along with their owners.

Remindfs me of the cronies over on WAF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

freddiefro

Post by freddiefro » 28 Feb 2015, 17:51

Ian Hulley wrote:The SS 'Reserve' band is a joke even at this distance
I'm sorry for dragging up this old thread, but I have a question. Isn't the (POS) armband that you identified as an SS "Reserve" armband really an SA "Reserve" armband (identified as such in Angolia's "Cloth Insignia of the NSDAP and SA")? I only ask because, I was un-aware that the SS "Reserve" (SS-Stammabteilungen) had a particularly distinctive armband. I know they had distinctive collar-patches & cufftitles but...well, I'm just trying to learn.

Fred

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Post by John G. » 02 Mar 2015, 11:49

freddiefro wrote:
Ian Hulley wrote:The SS 'Reserve' band is a joke even at this distance
I'm sorry for dragging up this old thread, but I have a question. Isn't the (POS) armband that you identified as an SS "Reserve" armband really an SA "Reserve" armband (identified as such in Angolia's "Cloth Insignia of the NSDAP and SA")? I only ask because, I was un-aware that the SS "Reserve" (SS-Stammabteilungen) had a particularly distinctive armband. I know they had distinctive collar-patches & cufftitles but...well, I'm just trying to learn.

Fred
Which armband are we talking about?... the "top left" (side stripes with diamond/swastika) is not SA/SS Reserve... it's supposed to be "NS Studentbund". The SA/SS Reserve is just below (Side stripes with round disc/swastika)...

The SA/SS Reserve is listed in Angolia's "Cloth Insignia of the SS" book.... but probably just fell under the SA Regulations... (remember the SS was under SA authority until after the Putsch....). Of course...everyone now calls them "S.S." because it's more "exotic" and can potentially be worth more...(it isn't)....
Hope this helps...
John G.

freddiefro

Post by freddiefro » 02 Mar 2015, 12:55

Thanks, John. Yes, the armband I was referring to was the one just below the NS-Studentenbund armband and, yes…I just noticed that it is also listed in Angolia's "Cloth Insignia of the SS" (it appears as an SA armband in "Cloth Insignia of the NSDAP and SA" and again as an SS armband in "Cloth Insignia of the SS"). That's what I like about this forum…I just keep learning!

Fred

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”