Weimar Tunics

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Angus1235

Weimar Tunics

Post by Angus1235 » 05 Sep 2013, 01:34

So I have been looking around for a Weimar Republic repro tunic. I initially just tried searching for it, then went into 'detail', searching for M30, M28, M32 etc. tunics (Laugh all you want at my stoopidity)

Then I discovered the M34 tunic. As far as I can see, from the pocket angles, all the way down to the princess seams at the back, it is essentially Identical.
So if I were to be putting together a Weimar Republic uniform (Just for the hell of it), would an M34 suffice, seeing as I can't seem to find any actual Weimar reproductions?

cheers :)
Searching for Truppenfahrrad parts: Torpedo coaster brake parts, Union-werke headlight, truppenfahrrad handlebars, Torpedo front wheel hub.

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Re: Weimar Tunics

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 11 Sep 2013, 03:53

Whjy a repro when you can get an original fairly cheap. Even Manions as now a uniform auction going on with all kinds of European tunics/

Angus1235

Post by Angus1235 » 11 Jul 2014, 06:23

Mark in Cleveland, Tn. wrote:Whjy a repro when you can get an original fairly cheap. Even Manions as now a uniform auction going on with all kinds of European tunics/
where are originals sold? Google isn't my friend and won't show me unfortunately.
Searching for Truppenfahrrad parts: Torpedo coaster brake parts, Union-werke headlight, truppenfahrrad handlebars, Torpedo front wheel hub.

Halle

Post by Halle » 11 Jul 2014, 08:40

Angus1235 ,

I've been looking for a Reichswehr repro tunic too , but so far , no one produces one .... Re sale of originals - it depends what you define as " cheap " - I've seen them on ebay.de for anywhere between €500 and €1800 , depending on type and condition . and then it's unlikely to be a " perfect " fit . It's a shame , as I have almost every other piece of uniform and equipment ( or can acquire it ) , but the tunic remains elusive - I can't even get hold of the patterns to have one privately tailored :cry:

Angus1235

Post by Angus1235 » 01 Dec 2014, 04:45

I remember seeing a site which claimed to be able to create anything requested. I'll look through my old emails and see if I can find it but it is just possible they may be able to reproduce a Reichswehr tunic based on an m34/36 mashup with a longer skirt.

Angus1235

Post by Angus1235 » 03 Dec 2014, 02:25

Halle wrote:Angus1235 ,

I've been looking for a Reichswehr repro tunic too , but so far , no one produces one .... Re sale of originals - it depends what you define as " cheap " - I've seen them on ebay.de for anywhere between €500 and €1800 , depending on type and condition . and then it's unlikely to be a " perfect " fit . It's a shame , as I have almost every other piece of uniform and equipment ( or can acquire it ) , but the tunic remains elusive - I can't even get hold of the patterns to have one privately tailored :cry:
I just contacted Lost Battalions and they will put one together!

It is a LITTLE bit pricey but I feel like it will be worth it :)

Contact them by email if you want to get one made.

I am very bloody excited. Probably a little bit too much so, but still.

Finally... the treasured Reichswehr uniform shall be mine!

They're sending sample material through.

Halle

Post by Halle » 08 Dec 2014, 09:24

Angus 1235 ,

Great news ! :thumbsup: Thank you for the information on Lost Battalions , I will contact them . Since my last post , I have been introduced to a tailor here in the UK , who is able to make me the tunic I'm after ( M28 ) . He is also doing me an M33 :D

I have also been pointed in the direction of " On the march " who provide custom made tunics .

Please , let me know how you get on with Lost Battalions , and , as you said ,

" The treasured Reichswehr uniform shall be mine ! " :milwink:

Pre War VT fan

Post by Pre War VT fan » 13 Mar 2016, 21:57

I had an M32 made for me by 3reich, and for the money I must say it looks pretty good. Beats spending 800 on a Janke.

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”