Ordnungspolizei Uniform?

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
saywer432

Ordnungspolizei Uniform?

Post by saywer432 » 05 Feb 2014, 19:05

Hello all. My Grandfather was a WWII veteran and was part of the IX Troop Carrier Command. In '45, IX Troop Carrier Command crossed into Germany. While there, my Grandfather found this uniform hanging in a closet in a warehouse that was converted into an air corps mechanic bay. I've done lots of research, and I'm pretty sure this is a Ordnungspolizei uniform - but I'm not sure. If anybody can help me out that would be greatly appreciated. I have posted 3 images of the jacket below. There is also a last name stenciled inside of the jacket.

Thank you for any help anyone can provide for me!

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Re: Ordnungspolizei Uniform?

Post by John G. » 05 Feb 2014, 23:35

:welcome:

You have correctly identified the tunic, it's a "wartime" issue, typically worn by "Enlisted & NCO" Polizei ranks...but without shoulder boards impossible to know the rank (unless it's on the name tag)..... luckily, Green based WW 2 Polizei boards are usually easily found and relatively cheap.... (I'd go "Wachmeister" or something like that)....

Appear to be a "summer weight" tunic.... bevo Polizei eagle typical for "midwar" issues... can't see the makers marks or owners name tag well enough to be of any use...

Not much else to be said...
John G.

saywer432

Post by saywer432 » 05 Feb 2014, 23:56

John G. wrote::welcome:

You have correctly identified the tunic, it's a "wartime" issue, typically worn by "Enlisted & NCO" Polizei ranks...but without shoulder boards impossible to know the rank (unless it's on the name tag)..... luckily, Green based WW 2 Polizei boards are usually easily found and relatively cheap.... (I'd go "Wachmeister" or something like that)....

Appear to be a "summer weight" tunic.... bevo Polizei eagle typical for "midwar" issues... can't see the makers marks or owners name tag well enough to be of any use...

Not much else to be said...
John G.
John G -

Thank you for the help - I greatly appreciate it.

I am assuming that the word "Renz" would be the individual's last name. (?) Do the numbers on the inside, below the name hold any significance?

Even while holding the jacket in the sunlight, the word below "Renz" is practically impossible to read.

John G.

Post by John G. » 06 Feb 2014, 02:48

"Renz" is the makers name, nothing to do with the owner....the smaller white tag is the name tag... the numbers below are the "size" markings.... sometimes the date is included...
John G.

William Kramer

Post by William Kramer » 06 Feb 2014, 16:05

this is a beautiful tunic, thank you for sharing. Can you please take closeup images of the collar tabs as well as underneath the collar (flipped up) for reference?

William Kramer

saywer432

Post by saywer432 » 07 Feb 2014, 03:27

William Kramer wrote:this is a beautiful tunic, thank you for sharing. Can you please take closeup images of the collar tabs as well as underneath the collar (flipped up) for reference?

William Kramer
William Kramer -

Thank you! Here you are. Below is a closeup of the collar tabs as well as the collar itself, which is flipped up.

William Kramer

Post by William Kramer » 07 Feb 2014, 21:22

a picture of a similar style of tunic in wear.

William Kramer
Attachments
H072765full.jpg
H072765full.jpg (40.78 KiB) Viewed 1579 times

William Kramer

Post by William Kramer » 01 May 2015, 18:00

if you ever decide to part with this one and let me have it for my personal collection I would pay well for it!

William Kramer

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”