Feuerschutzpolizei?

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
danzed

Feuerschutzpolizei?

Post by danzed » 23 Mar 2014, 15:08

Hey, are there anyone of you who know what this is for uniform?
According to second-hand information are the jacket from Germany and the period 1933-1945, but I´m not sure and there are no marks that I´ve seen before. When I asked about it on other forums, it seems mostly to point out that it is from the post-war.

More information about the uniform:
The button on the right bottom pocket is maker marked with - "Assmann & Söhne - Lüdenscheid".
It is also a bit larger than the other buttons.
On the left shoulder, there has been a brand that you can see the outline of on the picture.

I am grateful for all the information I can get!

Regards
Daniel
Attachments
Left arm (Medium).JPG
image[1] (Medium).jpeg
Backside (Medium).JPG
image (Large).jpeg

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Re: Feuerschutzpolizei?

Post by John G. » 23 Mar 2014, 23:08

Daniel,
This is definately a Postwar German Fire Service tunic (West & East AFAIK)....worn well into the 1960s or later...sometimes (early) leftover pre-45 jackets were still used, but many were made postwar.... the "Shield" outline on the sleeve definately "dates this as "Postwar"....

Even if the jacket was "period" (which it isn't)......It would cost more to restore period insignia to this tunic than it's worth....
sorry....be leary of uniforms that remained basically "unchanged" after the war.... often "presented" as WW 2 by those who'd make up a B.S. story just to make money! (Police/Fire Serv./R.Bahn/D.R.K./TENO/Werkschutz/etc.....all retained same/similiar uniforms early postwar- 1950/60s).
John G.

Ian Hulley

Post by Ian Hulley » 24 Mar 2014, 23:13

I agree. Given the shield I'll wager it's West German.

Ian.

danzed

Post by danzed » 30 Mar 2014, 19:43

Thanks!

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”