[HELP!] My (FAKE) M38 FALLSCHIRMJÄGER ..no hopes almost

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
diazcalvi

[HELP!] My (FAKE) M38 FALLSCHIRMJÄGER ..no hopes almost

Post by diazcalvi » 18 Aug 2014, 16:52

So....

Bought a relic M38, 2 months ago, no liner, from germany... never arrived thanks to USPS. That was the real deal.
So... I bid and won on another one... with less detailed pictures but looked like relic, and now, that my (other) friend received it in Germany, ready to send it to me, he sent me some pictures of it.
I'm very dissapointed looking and the pics. There is still a glimpse of hope, The liner doesnt seem legit.
But I dont know, Im not expert.... You tell me what I have (not yet) in my hands...
I feel an idiot for bidding on this without being sure... but hey we were 30 bidders for this. (Around 200usd)

Thanks in advance for any comments.
20140817_110031.jpg
20140817_110041.jpg
20140817_110058.jpg
20140817_110050.jpg

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Re: [HELP!] My (FAKE) M38 FALLSCHIRMJÄGER ..no hopes almost

Post by John G. » 19 Aug 2014, 12:19

There really aren't enough good photos to say much.... except the liner appears unmarked, seems very "thin" leather- inside condition doesn't seem to match outside condition.... "age and rust" appear chemically applied (and splashed on leather chin strap/liner)... but for $200. US dollars, if it's a Czech.-made copy... it's a bargin (less than retail + shipping!). These are "as close" as you can get.... but, alas...not period.

Would need detailed photos, markings, stampings... etc. to be positive on this one.
John G.

diazcalvi

Re: [HELP!] My (FAKE) M38 FALLSCHIRMJÄGER ..no hopes almost

Post by diazcalvi » 19 Aug 2014, 15:03

Yes, I was told in another forum that the liner is nor real (the zigzag stiching).
Very dissapointed as I cannot return, the seller was sort of honest saying he didnt know. and german ebayers are very picky and they dont use paypal.

ANYWAY.. I still have a glimpse of faith in the shell. In any case if i dont put on display (I have all originals) ...I will put it on sell when it arrives to the US.

It looks nice though, but I guess most of fakes do... Funny to be collector, 995 out of 1000 people out there would be impressed. but we know is not original... and we cannot trust anymore that helmet :)...

Thanks again.

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”