Stabsapotheker with a twist

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Laurence Strong

Re: Stabsapotheker with a twist

Post by Laurence Strong » 24 Oct 2014, 12:25

Hi

If there was grey on the bottom it would be a "Hauptmann der Reserve".
In this case the dark green is the waffenfarbe for the HV, and the light green is the nebenfarbe for a Heeresapotheker,

Hope this helps
Larry

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Post by John G. » 27 Oct 2014, 11:08

Von Thoma,
Double-underlay on administrative/Verwaltung-type shoulder boards shows his speciality/position (top color) and that he's Administrative (Darker green base color).... Heere Reserve officers have a Grey base color...

There would be no "extra piping" on the boards.... (now "removed"- NO way!)... has the expected (and correct) darker green base with lighter shade green 2ndary color...(apotheker)... on the boards.... nothing missing.....

Well worn but nice looking tunic.... I might question the Edelweiss/Krim shield being "period" additions, but certainly not impossible...
John G.

Laurence Strong

Post by Laurence Strong » 27 Oct 2014, 13:27

Hi John

This is what I was talking about when I said "missing" piping. Note the boards in the frame.

Sincerely
Larry
Attachments
Green.jpg

Laurence Strong

Post by Laurence Strong » 27 Oct 2014, 13:31

John G. wrote: Well worn but nice looking tunic.... I might question the Edelweiss/Krim shield being "period" additions, but certainly not impossible...
John G.

Sorry I missed that part.

To me John, the wear on both the Edelweiss/Krim shield lends credence that they are original.....

Got to run, late for work.
Thanks for your input John, much appreciated. :)

Larry
Attachments
011.jpg
011.jpg (172.16 KiB) Viewed 218 times
010.jpg
010.jpg (172.79 KiB) Viewed 218 times

Laurence Strong

Post by Laurence Strong » 27 Oct 2014, 13:39

Just to show that it was not unheard of - or in this case unseen....
One picture is marked for source the other comes from my collection

Larry
Attachments
Gebirgs jager Beamte.jpg
20140903_1858361_zps58d31b3d.jpg

Ian Hulley

Post by Ian Hulley » 29 Oct 2014, 13:47

A truly stunning survivor Larry, a wonderful tunic and just how you'd hope to find one. :thumbsup:

Many congratulations, Ian.

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Post by John G. » 30 Oct 2014, 12:11

I hadn't noticed the lack of piping on the "top braid".... (as on the "normal" HV" boards) .... so my mistake, need to look closer before speaking.... (always a good rule).

Didn't mean to imply I didn't like the shield or edelweiss, either... only that a certain degree of "skepticism" is always warranted with "add-ons", loops, slip-ons, and the like.....

I'd certainly give it display space in my "collection" as is without hesitation. Nice tunic.
John G.

Laurence Strong

Post by Laurence Strong » 31 Oct 2014, 01:47

Ian Hulley wrote:A truly stunning survivor Larry, a wonderful tunic and just how you'd hope to find one. :thumbsup:

Many congratulations, Ian.
Hi Ian

Many thanks for that :) and ya it's a sweet deal, center piece of my meager tunic collection :D

Sincerely
Larry

John G. wrote:I hadn't noticed the lack of piping on the "top braid".... (as on the "normal" HV" boards) .... so my mistake, need to look closer before speaking.... (always a good rule).

Didn't mean to imply I didn't like the shield or edelweiss, either... only that a certain degree of "skepticism" is always warranted with "add-ons", loops, slip-ons, and the like.....

I'd certainly give it display space in my "collection" as is without hesitation. Nice tunic.
John G.
Hi John

No problem Sir, You are one hundred percent correct, without rock solid provenance no one can truly say when things were attached. As for the boards, meh, I'm sure if you had had it in hand you would have noticed.

If it would find a home in your collection then I know I done good :D

Sincerely
Larry

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”