Double Totenkopf collar tabs

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
edelweiss

Double Totenkopf collar tabs

Post by edelweiss » 16 Feb 2015, 00:07

Does someone have clear pictures of the double Totenkopf collar tabs? The horizontal and vertical style? I got a picture of a TK soldier but its to small to see and the one you find in books and internet are also unclear.
And can someone give me info about them, like from wich to wich date they were used, wich rank wore them,...?

Thanks, and hopfully a quick answer :D

Arduino

Re: Double Totenkopf collar tabs

Post by Arduino » 16 Feb 2015, 23:20

I own 'SS-Totenkopf - History of the Death's Head Division 1940-1945' and there are lot of great pictures of Totenkopf, including ones with double double toten tabs. Unfortunately I have yet to scan any onto my pc but I found a decent one thats from the book.

http://a2.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Publicati ... 480-75.jpgThe book describes this photo as "A Totenkopf officer and dispatch rider check their position during training maneuvers in Frace, sometime in late 1942.''

Sorry, thats all I can really tell you. This book does not go into detail about unit uniform standards.

edelweiss

Re: Double Totenkopf collar tabs

Post by edelweiss » 16 Feb 2015, 23:39

Thanks for the info. I got myself a pair of original stuba Tk tabs but only the single vertical version. And for my reenactment uniform i want to use the double.

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”