Boot identification

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Angus1235

Boot identification

Post by Angus1235 » 09 Apr 2015, 05:49

I found a pair of boots at an opshop and thought they look and feel very military-grade, not t mention they have a very similar tongue and toe shape to my NVA boots.
I figure they may just be good quality motorbike boots but I also think they look very similar to BGS boots (externally)
There's no visible markings, leather pull tabs and they are half lined. The sole is a rubber tractor tread marked "sherpa" but it doesn't look as old as the actual boots are and are barely worn at all in comparison, so I don't think they're original.

Its constructed of vegetable tanned leather with black suede half-liner
Attachments
wp_ss_20150409_0001.png
Boot
Searching for Truppenfahrrad parts: Torpedo coaster brake parts, Union-werke headlight, truppenfahrrad handlebars, Torpedo front wheel hub.

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Re: Boot identification

Post by John G. » 09 Apr 2015, 11:33

Not sure what you're asking.... I agree decent quality "Jack boots", certainly good enough for display/wear as WW 2.... are they? Seriously doubt it, but without seeing the construction details, testing the thread, seeing markings or lack of... (if any), or having original heels/soles/hobnails, etc. it really doesn't matter that much.....
John G.

Angus1235

Post by Angus1235 » 11 Apr 2015, 07:01

just trying to see if anyone has an idea of if they are some kind of military boot...
Searching for Truppenfahrrad parts: Torpedo coaster brake parts, Union-werke headlight, truppenfahrrad handlebars, Torpedo front wheel hub.

Angus1235

Post by Angus1235 » 11 Apr 2015, 07:04

I know what would be acceptable for ww2 reenactment too. I've necer seen german boots that are mid-calf length with a half liner either.
I am simply curious to see if I can find out where they are from.

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”