Geheimnisvollen stiefel

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Angus1235

Geheimnisvollen stiefel

Post by Angus1235 » 04 Aug 2015, 21:14

I recently purchased these 'WW2 German officer boots Collactable* the real deal size 46' off Ebay. They were only $82(AUD) and I figured it's worth the gamble. My questions today are:
1. Are these Bulgarian? They have a rather Bulgarian-feel/look to me and I can post more pics when they arrive but from provided images they strike me as not german

2. Whats the general consensus on the soles? I am torn between "Historical accuracy" and practicality. I am considering installing hobnails and heel irons (Or maybe only heel irons, being officer boots) but not so sure if this would be a good idea.

Once again, I'll be more certain once they get here but some input from an expert community can't hurt.

:milwink:

*Spelt as it was on item listing
Searching for Truppenfahrrad parts: Torpedo coaster brake parts, Union-werke headlight, truppenfahrrad handlebars, Torpedo front wheel hub.

Angus1235

Re: Geheimnisvollen stiefel

Post by Angus1235 » 11 Sep 2015, 17:38

Well they arrived and from my guess they're West German polizei boots. Also about 4 sizes smaller than advertised so I'll either send them back or resell them.
Searching for Truppenfahrrad parts: Torpedo coaster brake parts, Union-werke headlight, truppenfahrrad handlebars, Torpedo front wheel hub.

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Post by John G. » 11 Sep 2015, 22:22

Pictures are not showing, but obviously not what you expected. You'd be lucky to get anything for them IMHO, send them back if you can... E-Bay is a minefield... about 90% of the Listed German WW2 items are NOT what they say they are or are dug, altered, postwar, wrong nationality, etc.

Your questions about hobnails, etc. belong in the "Reenactment section"....
John G.

raspu

Post by raspu » 24 Sep 2015, 21:21

Has anyone ever seen a pair of WW2 era boots with a white/off white rim on the top, probably half a centimeter? Or were they always black. I've seen a pic of these , so I wonder if they are original WW2, or earlier. Could such a thing have existed in the time period?

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Post by John G. » 25 Sep 2015, 12:01

Sometimes the undyed natural leather inner layer of leather will show along the top edge of boots (especially when new, or when viewed in a photo)... which is called "in the white"....) but without seeing what your talking about... and the style of boot.... just speculation...
John G.

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”