Unusual Waffen-SS uniforms

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Poohbahviking

Unusual Waffen-SS uniforms

Post by Poohbahviking » 09 Aug 2015, 21:52

I am currently writing a book about the uniforms used by the Waffen SS
and i need some pictures and information for a section on non standard uniforms
that were worn in combat (Drillich tunics with combat insignia,field made field grey tunics ect)

so if anyone has photos or information on these types of SS uniforms
please leave it below it would be much appreciated

Cheers, The Viking

panzerrune

Re: Unusual Waffen-SS uniforms

Post by panzerrune » 09 Oct 2015, 01:05

I would also enjoy seeing such a book with period photos. There are so many "oddities" out there that were very "non regulation", that some German WWII era militaria is easily written off as fakes and bad fantasy pieces in todays collector market. There are some very interesting, very "odd" German WWII era uniforms etc... out there that are seen in period photos. Photos I did have saved were on a CD and the CD had become unusable. :-(

Good luck in your search and I hope someone posts some interesting jaw dropping "what the hell is he wearing" period photos! ;-)

Ian Hulley

Post by Ian Hulley » 15 Oct 2015, 19:35

panzerrune wrote: There are so many "oddities" out there that were very "non regulation", that some German WWII era militaria is easily written off as fakes and bad fantasy pieces in todays collector market.
There is a perfectly good reason for that .... about 99.999% of what we see offered today IS fantasy rubbish.

I'd be interested to know what you think 'combat insignia' is ?

Ian

panzerrune

Post by panzerrune » 20 Mar 2019, 19:22

Ian Hulley wrote:
15 Oct 2015, 19:35
panzerrune wrote: There are so many "oddities" out there that were very "non regulation", that some German WWII era militaria is easily written off as fakes and bad fantasy pieces in todays collector market.
There is a perfectly good reason for that .... about 99.999% of what we see offered today IS fantasy rubbish.

I'd be interested to know what you think 'combat insignia' is ?

Ian
I am very very late to this reply. I did stress period photos of uniforms. I do not know what you meant by what you think 'combat insignia' is? I did not say anything about that. Anyway, I am so many years late to this reply it is most likely irrelevant now.

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”