Führerhauptquartier - Cufftitle

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Martinski

Führerhauptquartier - Cufftitle

Post by Martinski » 24 Aug 2015, 12:33

Hello,

Recently I acquired these 2 very nice pictures, token at 7.5.1942. Both pictures show a Wachtmeister belonging to the 5.(Pz.)Kp. from the Führer-Hauptquartier unit in 1942 during his wedding.

The Wachtmeister is wearing his Panzer-uniform and displays proudly BOTH cufftitles: the "Grossdeutschland" (right) and the rare "Führerhauptquartier" (left arm). The "Führerhauptquartier" cufftitle seems to be attached loosely / temporarely.

His uniform displays only a Schützenschnur and one medal which seems to me the "Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 13. März 1938"
("Medaille zum Anschluss Österreichs an Deutschland"). Is this correct? Comments / Additional Info ?

The period (7.5.1942) is shortly before moving from FHQu "Wolfsschanze" to FHQu "Wehrwolf" near Winniza. The 5.(Pz.)Kp. was loaded on trains at 9. July at the Bhf. Schwarzstein and arrived at the station in Winniza on 11. July 1942.

At the back of the large pic is a stamp from a photographer studio in Berlin-Schöneberg. Can anyone decypher the names as written on the back?

Other comments to these pics?

Regards - Martin
Attachments
GD-FHQ - small - corr - Ver 600 - MMB.jpg
Wm 5.(Pz.)Kp. Führerhauptquartier - wedding
GD-FHQ - Large - bck - Ver 300.jpg
Wm 5.(Pz.)Kp. Führerhauptquartier - back
GD-FHQ - Large - Ver 300 - MMB.jpg
Wm 5.(Pz.)Kp. Führerhauptquartier

GregSingh

Re: Führerhauptquartier - Cufftitle

Post by GregSingh » 24 Aug 2015, 13:23

Helga und Werner Orth, I think.

Ian Hulley

Re: Führerhauptquartier - Cufftitle

Post by Ian Hulley » 25 Aug 2015, 12:05

Nice to see the Mother's Cross in Bronze being worn in the background too :thumbsup:

Helga doesn't look over-excited at the prospect of married life :|

Ian

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”