Early SS armband

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
stig58

Early SS armband

Post by stig58 » 20 Sep 2015, 15:37

This is apparently an early SS armband, cant find much information on the web, looks poorly made to me, but I suppose early SS regalia was?

Dennis
Attachments
$_86arn-web.jpg
$_86arn-1-web.jpg
$_86arn-4-web.jpg

von thoma

Re: Early SS armband

Post by von thoma » 20 Sep 2015, 16:06

I think it's a fake armband with a SS RZM tag added ( also fake ).
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

stig58

Post by stig58 » 20 Sep 2015, 16:27

Thanks for your reply the swastika looks off centre as well

Dennis

HPL2008

Post by HPL2008 » 20 Sep 2015, 17:53

stig58 wrote:Thanks for your reply the swastika looks off centre as well
Being off-center is the least of its problems... It's backwards! A really laughable fake.

(By the way, an SS armband would have black outer stripes.)

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Post by John G. » 21 Sep 2015, 14:40

Horrible trash armband.... you really need to buy a couple basic reference books on this stuff. You shouldn't even had to ask on this and on the Chinese fake SS helmet... this is basic stuff you need/should know.
John G.

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 22 Sep 2015, 00:39

You go JohnG..........lol......I resisted with my customary *You got to be kidding with this POS* reply-rant to give you *first dibs* on this armband(LOL)

stig58

Post by stig58 » 29 Sep 2015, 18:12

Thanks guys for your input, I am new to this collecting Militaria, as to the armband, helmet "this is basic stuff you need/should know" I'm learning as I go along, even the basics you have to learn from the start! Your comments "Being off-center is the least of its problems... It's backwards! A really laughable fake." "You go JohnG..........lol......I resisted with my customary *You got to be kidding with this POS*" is neither helpful or informative it just shows some sort of know it all smartarse attitude. The reply from HPL2008 got it half right with his foot note reply "By the way, an SS armband would have black outer stripes" that is information that is welcome. I am well aware of my laughable knowledge on colleting militaria, I am also aware of the superior knowledge of the forum members, but display it in a mature and thoughtful manner, rather than a bunch of adolescent halfwits!

Dennis

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 01 Oct 2015, 02:34

Whewwwwwwww, I bet you bought this and is now in your collection, and you pass by your *warroom* and gaze on this POS with the, Now how am I going to sell this to some other clueless nit wit TR collector so I can get my money back!! Is that a spot on assessment of your situation????

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 01 Oct 2015, 02:35

I and others do not *know it all* but we know a POS armband from a real one anytime/anywhere/anyhow /

stig58

Post by stig58 » 01 Oct 2015, 07:13

Thanks for your reply Mark you and other forum members no doubt "know a POS from a real one" but lesser mortals than you are not blessed with such knowledge. I assume that in a wartime situation of mass production there would be among the millions of items produced there was bound to be some "POS" produced even by the Germans. I don't own the armband, and to suggest I am "Now how am I going to sell this to some other clueless nit wit TR collector so I can get my money back!!" (which I guess you include me in that bracket) is basically calling me a thief. The only spot on situation is, unless to you have something constructive to say on any of my posts don't bother to reply anytime/anywhere/anyhow/

As far as I'm concerned the subject is closed

Dennis

Mark in Cleveland, Tn.

Post by Mark in Cleveland, Tn. » 01 Oct 2015, 21:51

agree

Ian Hulley

Post by Ian Hulley » 04 Oct 2015, 12:44

Dennis, here's some helpful advice from someone that's been there and done that.

Buy your self some GOOD reference books The SS Insignia books by Angolia should start you off at a reasonable level financially and you can always sell them on again. Study the WAF Tony Barto Forum http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/ ... y.php?f=35 and the Helmet Forum http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/ ... y.php?f=26 because they are full of items being reviewed every day ... good and bad.

Also drop the chip off your shoulder because very experienced people have kindly commented on your thread for absolutely nothing, you didn't HAVE to pay them, they didn't HAVE to share their hard-earned knowledge with you. Next time round they may choose not to bother given your immature and tetchy replies.

Cheers, Ian.

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”