SS collar tab

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
gorski

SS collar tab

Post by gorski » 01 Jun 2016, 05:59

Hi all. I recently received several items from my great uncle's time in WW2 (he passed away many years ago), his uniforms, personal items, German typewriter, German courier pouch, etc. There are other items I have yet to see, in a safety deposit box. I have no idea what's there. Among the items I received was the attached collar tab. Anything special about it? It looks like an enlisted man's collar tab. Anything special about this one? I see the RZM tag, but know nothing about the information printed on it. The stitching pattern looks different from the very few others I've had the chance to see. My uncle was in the 42nd Division, later the 79th Infantry Division. He was at the Battle of the Bulge, also at the liberation of Dachau. He saw terrible things, but never spoke about his time in the war. He could have picked this up anywhere. It does look uniform cut. I'm hoping to see his letters to home at some point, maybe see some reference there. Anyway, any information would be much appreciated.
Attachments
image3.JPG
image3.JPG (159.23 KiB) Viewed 616 times
image2.JPG
image2.JPG (221.13 KiB) Viewed 616 times

Ian Hulley

Re: SS collar tab

Post by Ian Hulley » 13 Jun 2016, 22:59

It's a very, VERY fine tab made in the same style and same manufacturer as the flatwire runics. :milwink:

Ian

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”