Looking for German SNIPER uniform help!

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
nikkolaus

Looking for German SNIPER uniform help!

Post by nikkolaus » 09 Jan 2017, 04:57

Good evening, thank you for stopping by to make an attempt at helping me.

I am a big fan of snipers in general, and would like to have a hand-drawn picture made up. However, I am having trouble locating data on specific uniforms and uniform pieces for snipers. I wanted the artist to have the most accurate information as possible, rather than just throwing a mash of uniform pieces together and calling it "good enough"... So my question is as follows: "What is the equipment / gear issued to snipers?" and also, what years / models, if possible, because I know the German Army made several changes to uniforms as the years went on and supplies got harder to find. I am planning to have the artist draw the photo in a winter theme, with green trees nearby. I am a big fan of the Gray uniforms as well, however, as I said before, if it isn't accurate I'm not going to bother using it.

Please don't just post/link photos. I don't know the equipment well enough to pick things out, without an item name/model. Thanks!

Any questions you have for me, drop them below. I appreciate all the help. I am just trying to get the photo as accurate as possible.

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Re: Looking for German SNIPER uniform help!

Post by John G. » 09 Jan 2017, 14:05

Snipers, aside from normal issue Camouflage garments of one kind or another... didn't have any special uniforms or equipment other than the case for his scope... everything else was standard issue Wehrmacht uniform and equipment... any "field service" uniform could be worn, including LW and KM who also had "snipers" ... your looking for more than was there...

Film clips (U tube) and photo stills are you're best info. sources....
John G.

nikkolaus

Re: Looking for German SNIPER uniform help!

Post by nikkolaus » 10 Jan 2017, 19:41

John G. wrote:Snipers, aside from normal issue Camouflage garments of one kind or another... didn't have any special uniforms or equipment other than the case for his scope... everything else was standard issue Wehrmacht uniform and equipment... any "field service" uniform could be worn, including LW and KM who also had "snipers" ... your looking for more than was there...

Film clips (U tube) and photo stills are you're best info. sources....
John G.

Alright. Thanks.

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”