M43 Einheitsfeldmütze (ski cap) insignia

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Sanguinoid

M43 Einheitsfeldmütze (ski cap) insignia

Post by Sanguinoid » 11 Feb 2017, 01:49

Hi!
This is my first post on the forum, but I've been skimming this place for info for quite some time now.
And surprise! I have a question.
I recently ordered myself a m43 officers field cap (with the silver piping and buttons) from epic militaria and am having trouble finding information about what type of insignia is appropriate. I also have a silver bullion cap eagle that i have held off on sewing to the cap. What I'm trying to figure out is, would it be historically appropriate to have the eagle and cockade separate on a hat of this type? Would a cockade pin or patch underneath the sewn on eagle be acceptable? Or is my only option here to order the connected trapezoidal patch with both eagle and cockade?

von thoma

Re: M43 Einheitsfeldmütze (ski cap) insignia

Post by von thoma » 11 Feb 2017, 17:07

Trapezoidal patch or " T " model is the appropriate for Heer M43 field caps.
In Luftwaffe M43 caps was most common the separate eagle and cockade.
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

Sanguinoid

Re: M43 Einheitsfeldmütze (ski cap) insignia

Post by Sanguinoid » 11 Feb 2017, 22:16

Ahh dang that's kinda what I thought. Thank you for confirming! Kind of related, was rererewatching band of brothers last night and noticed that the German prisoners in the second episode (one or two of them anyways) were wearing caps with NO insignia of any kind!

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”