SS tuxedo

Discussions on Axis uniforms, headgear and insignia. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
fthcolumn

SS tux pants

Post by fthcolumn » 23 Mar 2005, 04:14

I just sewed 2 stripes of white ribbon down the sides of each pant leg. But I would also be interested to know if this is correct or not. I figured that since the cap has white piping, the pants could have white as well....

Jamin

Liesl

wow...

Post by Liesl » 03 May 2005, 00:04

I'm new here and learning SO much...SS tuxedos, so THAT's why they looked so much snappier at those offical functions. Amazing the skill and knowledge you all bring here, I'm truly humbled and realize just hoe much more there is to learn.

For whoever suggested recreating these kind of events, let me know if you need any extra (female) attendees. :wink:

*Liesl*

Heinkle

Post by Heinkle » 04 May 2005, 11:38

Nice, but doesnt beat Luftwaffe Mess Dress!!!!!! IMHO.

Heinkle

MNL

Re: SS TUXEDO

Post by MNL » 16 Jan 2007, 04:45

"Murdered?" I think he was gunned down by the police after beating up his wife and pulling a gun on the cops.

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:U77 ... =clnk&cd=1

Eagle's Nest wrote:Sorry for the misunderstanding. What I meant was that this tuxedo in the pick was my first version, in other words; my first attempt. In "Uniforms, Organization, & History Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler~Vol. 1, Stan Cook & James Bender State on page 154 :"the shoulder straps were on both shoulders and in the format used by the army, i.e., they now denoted the rank of the wearer rather than the former shoulder strap of the SS which denoted the rank group." Y'see, thisis why I'm asking, alot of info seems to be contradictory. I wish I had a time machine!!!
The first pic was sent to me by the woman who now runs a 3rd Reich Militaria website. Terribly for her, her husband who ran it was murdered. I can't remember the site off hand, I will track it down and post it. Her name is Christine if I remember correctly. She claimed it to be authentic and If and when she decided to sell it, she wanted ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS!

Dieter

Post by Dieter » 16 Jan 2007, 16:53

MNL,
That's already been covered on page 2 of this thread, but thanks for the inquest anyway.
-Dieter

MNL

Post by MNL » 16 Jan 2007, 20:56

Dieter wrote:MNL,
That's already been covered on page 2 of this thread, but thanks for the inquest anyway.
-Dieter
Yep. I saw it after I posted. Thanks for the update.

Thorolf

Post by Thorolf » 19 Feb 2007, 23:22

Do you know the pic from my grandfather Hugo Kraas, wearing the 'Gesellschaftsanzug' while he was in the LAH?
Look at this,please:
Attachments
HugoKraas im Gesellschaftsanzug.jpg
HugoKraas im Gesellschaftsanzug.jpg (4.97 KiB) Viewed 2483 times

Hanke Yang

Post by Hanke Yang » 22 Feb 2007, 17:35

Hello,Eagle's Nest

How great you have ! I like these wonderful evening dresses! Do you have any other pictures?

I am waiting!

Wessel

Post by Wessel » 23 Feb 2007, 19:21

Have a look at the home page of http://www.lastreich.co.uk for an example, also the Chapter on dress uniforms in Vol 2 of Beaver's book on Uniforms of the Waffen-SS has some excellent photos, including period photos of Dietrich and Lorenz wearing same.

eaglesnest

Post by eaglesnest » 10 Mar 2007, 00:50

Sorry Guy! I've been away...and then my username/password didnt work...eh, oh well...

A friend and I were planning on an event like at Hitler's Berchtesgaden (sp?) but it was too much to do...not to mention the dangers of gathering in a public place to eat cake and drink...
I Sold my Tux to one of the forum members...I'd like to see finished pics soon (hint hint)

HEY JAMIN~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's Frank!!!! Private message me! My email has changed, just replace the "S" with a "Z" if you still have it. You have MANY pics to email me old friend!

I AM GETTING REPRO ALLGEMEINE AND WAFFEN SS BROCADE BELTS SOON!!!!!

I'll post pics as soon as they come in. Sorry for the lapse in posting, life has gotten in the way of my relaxation....I'll be here and there.

POST SOME PICS OF YOUR TUXEDOS GUYS!!!!! COME ON!!!! I POSTED ENOUGH DIDNT I????~

Best to all my friends~Field-Marshall Frank (The Eagle's Nest)

vonDunkelheit

Post by vonDunkelheit » 10 Mar 2007, 17:03

didnt you used to have a website? i cant find it anymore.

eaglesnest

Post by eaglesnest » 15 Mar 2007, 14:35

Yes, the site was at http://www.2eaglesnest.com but after the divorce, I couldn't get into it. She had changed all the passwords and then let it go. Nice, huh?

Now, I ended up with everything as well as the kids and she's 2000 miles away. Pretty Sweet.

I am getting nice repro Allgemeine SS & Waffen SS Brocade belts and I still sell the Old Fighter Chevrons.

I just cant keep up with selling all the misc insignias and there is too much competition anyway. I like to find the items that everyone wants, but no one offers.

I started making that Tux back in 1997...or earlier, I dont remember. A friend brought over the VHS Yape "Salon Kitty"....that's all it took. At the time I was putting uniforms together for my own collection and new that I had to have the SS Tux....someday I will make another.

I had plans on offering them like others offer uniforms. But the whole thing was too much to do.

willie777

Post by willie777 » 29 Feb 2008, 03:56

I also wanna try making one of these uniforms. They just looks so nice. What should I use as a base for this messjacke (US Navy mess jacket?) and where do I get REPRO buttons? Also, would LAH cyphers be worn on the boards for a Leibstandarte?

eaglesnest

Post by eaglesnest » 05 Mar 2008, 18:45

I have been talking to Chen (ebay ID Pirschen1975) about making these. I have supplied him with All the details and specs. I dont know how it is coming, but he seemed optomistic about the project. Maybe some of you interested should email him and ask. I know I am dying to have one and I sold mine to a forum member a while ago and miss the daylights out of it. ~

SPF79

Post by SPF79 » 26 Jul 2008, 06:43

I'm new to this, but I must say that the pictures from this thread have been most helpfull. I'm also extremely interested in the SS evening dress jacket and am in the middle of putting one together.

Does anybody know where to find a picture or exact measuements for the black cape that went with the tux?
Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Mollo describes it as: "A long black cape with white metal clasps and chain, and embroidered national emblem 17.5mm wide, which was worn on the left side".

In the movie Joe and Max (about Joe Lewis and Max Schmeling), there is a scene with a quick glimpse of an SS officer wearing a long black cape at a party given by Hitler. I don't know if the one used is a "Hollywood" cape or if it was historically researched, but it looked pretty sharp.

Eaglesnest, I also contacted the chap on Ebay (Pirschen1975) and his answer seemed to imply that he was not offering a jacket in this style. Hopefully he is working on it and will offer it in the future. I would gladly pay for one if he offered it.

Return to “Axis Uniforms, Headgear & Insignia”