Any Song from Frederick the Great period

Discussions on the music in the Third Reich.
Hosted by Ivan Ž.
DeutschenVaterland

Any Song from Frederick the Great period

Postby DeutschenVaterland » 06 Dec 2012 11:45

Hi all, it has been a long time since I visited this forum (or any other forum alike due to tight working schedule). However, I am free now, at least I think I am. I have just made a music video on Lied der Panzergrenadiere, the link is as of below:

Now, I want to make a music video on song that are from Frederick the Great period, I have made 2 already, they are "Fridericus Rex" & "Hohenfriedberger Marsch".

Does anyone know any good song during this period?

Thank you. :milwink:
Last edited by Marcus Wendel on 07 Dec 2012 09:41, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected clip to be viewable in message

Ivan Ž.
Forum Staff

Re: Any Song from Frederick the Great period

Postby Ivan Ž. » 06 Dec 2012 12:36

I am sorry, but really I must ask: why on earth would you make [consciously or unconsciously, doesn't matter, but clearly] a propaganda video about advancing Hitler's army, with original propaganda song. That looks like a 2012 variant of Die deutsche Wochenschau. Again, I'm sorry, but personally I'm strongly against such videos; and I'm asking you and everyone else kindly, as a fellow human being, to do at least to me a personal favor and not to use this board for advertizing such videos. Please.

Sincerely,
Ivan Ž.

J. Duncan

Postby J. Duncan » 07 Dec 2012 09:27

"Choral von Leuthen" from the film of the same name about Frederick the Great (Otto Gebür - 1932)

The entire film is posted on youtube. It's quite good actually and comes with English subtitles (use your "CC" option).

Flute concerto written by Frederick:

Last edited by Marcus Wendel on 07 Dec 2012 09:41, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected clip to be viewable in message

DeutschenVaterland

Postby DeutschenVaterland » 08 Dec 2012 02:11

Ivan Ž. wrote:I am sorry, but really I must ask: why on earth would you make [consciously or unconsciously, doesn't matter, but clearly] a propaganda video about advancing Hitler's army, with original propaganda song. That looks like a 2012 variant of Die deutsche Wochenschau. Again, I'm sorry, but personally I'm strongly against such videos; and I'm asking you and everyone else kindly, as a fellow human being, to do at least to me a personal favor and not to use this board for advertizing such videos. Please.

Sincerely,
Ivan Ž.

Hi Ivan, I guess the reason is simple. The song is a propaganda one, and surely it should be fit in some video to match with the song, like advanceing army. I know Adolf Hitler is dead, Nazi Germany no longer exist. This song video is a rememberance of the old Germany army Wehrmacht, that once was a fearful oppoent of the world. No offence. :milwink:

Advertizing? Yes and No, you may say I did advertize my video. However, in my opinion, I am just sharing my interest of Germany with others who too have the same interest. A proud and wonderful country, from Prussia to Great Germany. Since this is your ground, I will not argue with you on this. By te way, I am here to look for Prussian songs. Again, no offence. Don't take it too personal :milwink:

J. Duncan wrote:"Choral von Leuthen" from the film of the same name about Frederick the Great (Otto Gebür - 1932)

The entire film is posted on youtube. It's quite good actually and comes with English subtitles (use your "CC" option).

Flute concerto written by Frederick:

I thank you for this information. However, I find this song "Choral von Leuthen" a bit sad and slow. I used to make inspiring music video, I must say this song has not inspire me much. As for the "Flute concerto written by Frederick", I have heard this before, I like it very much. I am sure Frederick the great is really talented in music (or art), as compared to his father. In fact I think it was his love for music that inspire Prussia and later Germany to be more cultural. Thank you once more

Charles Lee Ray

Postby Charles Lee Ray » 11 Jan 2013 16:59

I myself think you made a great video. :milsmile: Good song. May I ask what movie is it from? It looks really good.

DeutschenVaterland

Postby DeutschenVaterland » 27 Jan 2013 07:20

Charles Lee Ray wrote:I myself think you made a great video. :milsmile: Good song. May I ask what movie is it from? It looks really good.

Thnk you, Yes, you can look into the info of the video, I list all the video clips used for the video.

Return to “Music of the Reich”