Axis History Forum

This is an apolitical forum for discussions on the Axis nations and related topics hosted by Marcus Wendel's Axis History Factbook in cooperation with Michael Miller's Axis Biographical Research, Christoph Awender's WW2 day by dayand Christian Ankerstjerne’s Panzerworld.

Skip to content

If you found the forum useful please consider supporting us. You can also support us by buying books through the AHF Bookstore.

Any Song from Frederick the Great period

Discussions on the music in the Third Reich.
Hosted by Ivan Ž.

Any Song from Frederick the Great period

Postby DeutschenVaterland on 06 Dec 2012 11:45

Hi all, it has been a long time since I visited this forum (or any other forum alike due to tight working schedule). However, I am free now, at least I think I am. I have just made a music video on Lied der Panzergrenadiere, the link is as of below:

Now, I want to make a music video on song that are from Frederick the Great period, I have made 2 already, they are "Fridericus Rex" & "Hohenfriedberger Marsch".

Does anyone know any good song during this period?

Thank you. :milwink:
Last edited by Marcus Wendel on 07 Dec 2012 09:41, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected clip to be viewable in message
DeutschenVaterland
Hong Kong

Re: Any Song from Frederick the Great period

Postby Ivan Ž. on 06 Dec 2012 12:36

I am sorry, but really I must ask: why on earth would you make [consciously or unconsciously, doesn't matter, but clearly] a propaganda video about advancing Hitler's army, with original propaganda song. That looks like a 2012 variant of Die deutsche Wochenschau. Again, I'm sorry, but personally I'm strongly against such videos; and I'm asking you and everyone else kindly, as a fellow human being, to do at least to me a personal favor and not to use this board for advertizing such videos. Please.

Sincerely,
Ivan Ž.
Ivan Ž.
Forum Staff
Serbia

Postby J. Duncan on 07 Dec 2012 09:27

"Choral von Leuthen" from the film of the same name about Frederick the Great (Otto Gebür - 1932)

The entire film is posted on youtube. It's quite good actually and comes with English subtitles (use your "CC" option).

Flute concerto written by Frederick:

Last edited by Marcus Wendel on 07 Dec 2012 09:41, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected clip to be viewable in message
J. Duncan
United States

Postby DeutschenVaterland on 08 Dec 2012 02:11

Ivan Ž. wrote:I am sorry, but really I must ask: why on earth would you make [consciously or unconsciously, doesn't matter, but clearly] a propaganda video about advancing Hitler's army, with original propaganda song. That looks like a 2012 variant of Die deutsche Wochenschau. Again, I'm sorry, but personally I'm strongly against such videos; and I'm asking you and everyone else kindly, as a fellow human being, to do at least to me a personal favor and not to use this board for advertizing such videos. Please.

Sincerely,
Ivan Ž.

Hi Ivan, I guess the reason is simple. The song is a propaganda one, and surely it should be fit in some video to match with the song, like advanceing army. I know Adolf Hitler is dead, Nazi Germany no longer exist. This song video is a rememberance of the old Germany army Wehrmacht, that once was a fearful oppoent of the world. No offence. :milwink:

Advertizing? Yes and No, you may say I did advertize my video. However, in my opinion, I am just sharing my interest of Germany with others who too have the same interest. A proud and wonderful country, from Prussia to Great Germany. Since this is your ground, I will not argue with you on this. By te way, I am here to look for Prussian songs. Again, no offence. Don't take it too personal :milwink:

J. Duncan wrote:"Choral von Leuthen" from the film of the same name about Frederick the Great (Otto Gebür - 1932)

The entire film is posted on youtube. It's quite good actually and comes with English subtitles (use your "CC" option).

Flute concerto written by Frederick:

I thank you for this information. However, I find this song "Choral von Leuthen" a bit sad and slow. I used to make inspiring music video, I must say this song has not inspire me much. As for the "Flute concerto written by Frederick", I have heard this before, I like it very much. I am sure Frederick the great is really talented in music (or art), as compared to his father. In fact I think it was his love for music that inspire Prussia and later Germany to be more cultural. Thank you once more
DeutschenVaterland
Hong Kong

Postby Charles Lee Ray on 11 Jan 2013 16:59

I myself think you made a great video. :milsmile: Good song. May I ask what movie is it from? It looks really good.
Charles Lee Ray
United States

Postby DeutschenVaterland on 27 Jan 2013 07:20

Charles Lee Ray wrote:I myself think you made a great video. :milsmile: Good song. May I ask what movie is it from? It looks really good.

Thnk you, Yes, you can look into the info of the video, I list all the video clips used for the video.
DeutschenVaterland
Hong Kong

Return to Music of the Reich