German military a cappella recordings

Discussions on the music in the Third Reich. Hosted by Ivan Ž.
ReconMarine
Banned

German military a cappella recordings

Post by ReconMarine » 09 Mar 2003, 18:34

Looking for famous German marches and cadence calling without music.

Did the German army (wehrmacht) call cadence like Marines? I know they had marching music.

If they also called cadence, are there any cd's or tapes on the subject? (w English translations?)

I would like some new stuff to call out when we are in the field.

Cadence is a great way to keep the boys motivated and the same ol same ol gets boring after 12 years of this crap.oooohrah!!

Many thanks for getting me an answer.

/S/ Recon Marine

robert96757

Post by robert96757 » 25 Jan 2008, 10:06

[Two topics dealing with the same subject have been merged and renamed by the host, Ivan Ž.]

hey guys, sorry if this is the incorrect place to post, but since being military i have always loved something called "Cadence". We all know what it is, and some of us, like me, love to have collections of those marching, and running cadences to run or walk with during that morning workout, and other situations.

well lately i am really getting into the reenacting mood. hanging up my army PT uniform ive been wearing for quite a while.... for a nice "Ghetto rigged" (i say ghetto cause im worried about being banned for the other slang). German PT clothing. noting that its not accurate, just something plausible.

anyways we all know Germans march, sing, run, sing. but i have yet to find a single recording without those stupid marching bands. where can i find some decent marching and double time music. you know, the recordings with no bands, no instruments. where the only instrument is thier rifle they might be carrying, thier legs and feet marching, and thier voices singing.........no musical interruption. maby a drum or two since that was plausible in the field. but im looking for a real "field recordings" and not those parade recordings that are everywhere.

can i find some? or are there even any existing?

i know one song "Am Arsch der Welt" (forgive spelling) [corrected by the host] starts off pretty good, the soldaten makes the music with what seems to be his mouth. such as a four column line, every other column is humming the tune and the other two columns are singing, but then toward the end the freaking drums come in and piss me off, to add to the frustration they just had to add flutes........

anyone, any help? please, thanks!

Wim

Post by Wim » 25 Jan 2008, 13:49

the best song that i came across for this is a Fallschirmjäger song called:

Hinter den bergen

Wim

robert96757

Post by robert96757 » 25 Jan 2008, 21:39

thanks for the reply bro. much appreciated.

robert96757

Post by robert96757 » 27 Jan 2008, 06:50

great song bro. wish there were more like them though. to many German songs with the stupid marching bands. lol. which i wouldnt mind if i could see how a unit was marching down the road and just magically pulled out drums, trumpets, and all of the other needs :P

thanks again

Ivan Ž.
Host - Music section

Post by Ivan Ž. » 13 Feb 2008, 12:17

robert96757 wrote:those stupid marching bands.
robert96757 wrote:with the stupid marching bands. lol. which i wouldnt mind if i could see how a unit was marching down the road and just magically pulled out drums, trumpets, and all of the other needs :P
Before writing such utter nonsense, please do some research on the military tradition of just about any country in the history of mankind. Musicians and their instruments were equally valuable as a rifle. Why? Morale for example? Music is most often much more powerful than, for example, a commander's speech. And the musicians actually had much bigger influence on the course of war than a couple of guys with rifles. When it comes to German military tradition in particular - almost every unit had a band, from a battalion to a division. So no one needed magic to pull out the instruments in the field. There are many photos of full bands playing the "magical instruments" while marching on the dusty roads in the enemy land together with the rest of the troops.
robert96757 wrote:i know one song "Am Arsch der Welt" starts off pretty good
It's nice that you like it even though it is modern, a parody, and an anti-military song.
robert96757 wrote:the freaking drums come in and piss me off, to add to the frustration they just had to add flutes
Maybe music in general simply isn't your kind of thing.

Cheers,
Ivan

Return to “Music of the Reich”