Recommended reading on the Luftwaffe ground forces

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
Peter H

Re: Unit Histories

Post by Peter H » 12 Apr 2011, 02:08

Doktor Krollspell wrote:Die Löwen von Carentan - Das Fallschirmjäger-Regiment 6 1943-45 / Volker Griesser (2007)
VS-Books ISNB 978-3-932077-25-8

Regards,

Krollspell

Finally,an English version is being released in June.
http://www.amazon.com/LIONS-CARENTAN-Fa ... 1612000061
Attachments
lions.jpg
lions.jpg (50.47 KiB) Viewed 3888 times

Fallschirmjäger

Re: Recommended reading on the Luftwaffe ground forces

Post by Fallschirmjäger » 16 Apr 2011, 13:23

Though cant get that book yet,check the info later on it to see what it may be in NZ dollars,and that one Along the Neva too sounds intersting.Like a bio or one with info and pictures about the battles etc...though only a small part there of a few months,but then book named about that one area of battle they there for right.

And if lots of pictures and info for that short time,good enough for me too.Though if had info on the units whole battle history would be even greater,but then would need to be quiet big or a few books even.And bit behind on reading my FJ russian front 1941 info or have it handy,but this when they had thousdands of casulaties there in that time,or was that KIA even?.

And just seeing now too,the cover is different for the lions one aswell,why,as liked the other one if can remember it now.As how long it been,as it came out how long ago too?,and yea liking the nth africa FJ books and would love them too to have. 8-)

habap

Re: Unit Histories

Post by habap » 05 Oct 2011, 20:04

Peter H wrote:Finally,an English version is being released in June.
http://www.amazon.com/LIONS-CARENTAN-Fa ... 1612000061
The release was significantly delayed, but my copy showed up in yesterday's mail. Looks excellent!
We're not lost, we're in France
http://habap.wordpress.com

uhu

Post by uhu » 07 Oct 2011, 02:49

Got mine a few days ago, great book and a few hundred unpublished photos from the veterans who gave personal accounts to the author. I'm about half way through which is Market Garden. I can assure you all it is worth adding to your library and will be one of the few books you read again and again. I only wish more of this genre of book would be translated from the German into English.

HerrLyppe

Post by HerrLyppe » 24 Oct 2011, 14:23

Reading Lions of Carentan at the moment and even though the editing isn't sensational, it's a good read.
Surprised noone has mentioned these.

German Paratroops by Robert Kurtz, Schiffer Publishing.
SS-Fallschirmjaeger Bataillon 500/600 by Rolf Michaelis, Schiffer Publishing.
The 1st Fallschirmjaeger Division: Volume 1 Years of Attack by Ben Christensen, Schiffer Publishing.
The 1st Fallschirmjaeger Division: Volume 2 Years of Retreat by Ben Christensen, Schiffer Publishing.
Fallschirmjaeger der Waffen-SS im Bild by Kunzmann-Milius, Deutsche Stimme Verlag

Cheers
Allan

CHARLEMAGNE 4

Post by CHARLEMAGNE 4 » 20 Nov 2014, 22:37

Written by Jean-Yves Nasse
Published by Histoire & Collections 2002
Language: English
The book has 160 pages and carries an amazing 317 seldom seen and rare photos.

"Fallschirmjäger in Crete"
Is yet another historical masterpiece from the hand of Jean-Yves Nasse the well known French WW2 Historian who has build up quite a reputation with his other book "Green Devils".
In this book he gives an in-depth account of the airborne assault on Crete on the 20th of May 1941 "Operation Merkur"
With photos and eyewitness accounts from both fighting parties as well as accounts from the local population, the author depicts the grim reality of war and what it did to the young men who fought in it.

Some of the worlds best known Collectors have unselfishly opened up their collections to help create this book and keep the memory of the fallen soldiers alive.

spiralcity

Post by spiralcity » 03 May 2016, 18:20

uhu

Post by uhu » 07 May 2016, 13:52

This one fits right in. look up the description on Amazon.

Fallschirmjager Brest and Beyond, Paperback – January 25, 2016
by Gen. Hermann Ramcke (Author)

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”