Fallschirmjäger - Crete unknown guy

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
HauptmannMarseille

Fallschirmjäger - Crete unknown guy

Post by HauptmannMarseille » 23 May 2014, 18:00

Hello Fellow Forum People :) ,

For my first post on here i wanted to try my luck with something i have been stumped with lately. As you can see in the Pictures i have attached i've noticed this Fallschirmjäger is quite photographed along with the other paratrooper. I figured since there's more than one photograph of him (im sure there might be more than the 3 i provided) that maybe somebody out there has some info on the guy. Also if anybody knows what unit of the 7. Flieger-Division (The Fallschirmjäger unit that was at Crete) he is part of that would be great too. Every where i found these photographs all it said was the usual "Fallschirmjäger at Crete in May 1941" Etc... I suppose the pictures were not taken on the first day and probably more like a couple days in. As you can see his left arm is bandaged, he has Binoculars & a MP40. He is most likely a Squad leader. I hope somebody could help me out with some information on him and his "friend" and i hope everyone like me is spending the End of May looking up and watching Battle of Crete stuff! :milwink:

"Stride with a proud disdain through the swamp of human inadmissibility." - Joachim Peiper

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”