The Combat Performance of the Fallschirmjäger

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Freikorps, Reichswehr, Austrian Bundesheer, Heer, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Fallschirmjäger and the other Luftwaffe ground forces. Hosted by Christoph Awender.
sandeepmukherjee196

Re: The Combat Performance of the Fallschirmjäger

Post by sandeepmukherjee196 » 21 Apr 2016, 18:52

Urmel wrote:De Gaulle joined a range of democratic countries fighting against the Nazi ideology. Later a very nasty regime joined that coalition. Bose joined three dictatorships, one of them was openly racist and engaged in genocide, and another one that was simply openly racist and dehumanised to a degree that I find baffling to this day. The difference is clear to me, but YMMV.
Those "democratic" countries including De Gaulle's own, were most undemocratically, subjugating hundreds of millions of other people in scores of countries, even as they talked about waging a war for freedom against the Axis.

And talking of dehumanised regimes are you talking of the Belgian Congo (heart of darkness ) or the gratuitous shooting down of 10 000 Polish officers as POWs in Katyn by Roosevelt's pal Stalin. The massacre of these officers was necessary to ready Poland for unbridled democracy without interference from the aristocracy.

Urmel

Post by Urmel » 21 Apr 2016, 19:37

It never ceases to amaze me how people construct in their minds a moral equivalence between De Gaulle, Roosevelt, Stalin, and Hitler.
The enemy had superiority in numbers, his tanks were more heavily armoured, they had larger calibre guns with nearly twice the effective range of ours, and their telescopes were superior. 5 RTR 19/11/41

The CRUSADER Project - The Winter Battle 1941/42

sandeepmukherjee196

Post by sandeepmukherjee196 » 21 Apr 2016, 20:46

Urmel wrote:It never ceases to amaze me how people construct in their minds a moral equivalence between De Gaulle, Roosevelt, Stalin, and Hitler.
You are right. Hitler could never equal Stalin. The duration of their murderous regimes, the respective body counts and the fact that the latter did most of it on his own countrymen , sets them apart.

sandeepmukherjee196

Post by sandeepmukherjee196 » 23 Apr 2016, 20:43

Hi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAv8S3gD1VE

Readers may find this interesting in this context. Original footage on the Indische Legion in Europe.

Return to “Heer, Waffen-SS & Fallschirmjäger”