Anti-Partisan Badge, Real or Fake?

Discussions on Axis awards and decorations. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
fowlermatt87

Anti-Partisan Badge, Real or Fake?

Post by fowlermatt87 » 04 May 2016, 22:20

Here is a little back story as to where this badge came into my family. When my grandpa was a young boy, his family used to invite American soldiers over for dinner on the holidays, and on a few occasions, an assortment of badges was given to my grandpa. A few years ago my grandpa gave me his collection I started researching the badges, one of the badges that really intrigued me was a Nazi badge. After some research I found that it was an Anti-Partisan Badge. Unfortunately I also found that real ones are very rare because so many fakes were made, and it was a pretty uncommon badge to be awarded, or that's what I have gathered. Anyways, I was just wondering if the one that I have is real, or fake. Any help, or insight I can get would be fantastic! Thanks! :D

I attatched some pictures
Attachments
WP_20160504_13_05_44_Pro.jpg
WP_20160504_13_05_31_Pro.jpg
WP_20160504_13_04_48_Pro.jpg
WP_20160504_13_04_18_Pro.jpg

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Re: Anti-Partisan Badge, Real or Fake?

Post by John G. » 06 May 2016, 13:01

Difficult badge to be 100% sure, but looks like a exceptionally nice Bronze grade of a "Type 2 scooped back" Anti-Partisan Badge.... except for it's missing pin. Too bad, that hurts it's "value", but still an exceptional example ..... very unusual to find a bronze with that much (if any) of the wash remaining. I'd proudly display it along side my two Silver grades- (both type 2s, one flat and one scooped backed, with different pin types).

The author of the "Book" on Anti-Partisan Badges is a member of the Wehrmacht Awards forum.... I'd post there for a "final" opinion if necessary.
John G.

fowlermatt87

Post by fowlermatt87 » 06 May 2016, 16:05

So in your opinion you believe it is real? I always had the feeling that it is real because it has some incredibly fine details that just seem too fine to be fake... The acorns have textured on their little hats (what ever the acorn hats are called...), and on the forehead of the skull, there are very small raised bumps. Thanks for your input, it is much appreciated! I will surely post on the Wehrmacht Awards forum!

colt45

Post by colt45 » 09 May 2016, 21:19

I like the stamped ones inside and out with detail

Return to “Axis Awards”