Roger Steele

Discussions on Axis awards and decorations. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
tampalam

Roger Steele

Post by tampalam » 02 Apr 2009, 03:43

[Split from "Pilot Observers badge with Diamonds"]

Roger Steele? Incredible to read that name. I was a customer of his in the late 60's and early 70's as a kid just beginning my militaria hobby. He had a small office upstairs in an old building on Hollywood Blvd which was on my way home from school. I bought a DAK pith helmet from him for $20 dollar back then as well as a Luftschutz gladiator for 15 dollars. Those were the days! Does anyone have any information as to what became of Roger and what happened to all the items he owned and had for sale? I remember his office was stuffed with lots of items ranging from Hitler busts to SS uniforms and various medals, flags and headgear.

Johnnyrocket

Re: Roger Steele

Post by Johnnyrocket » 19 Apr 2009, 06:39

Roger Steele's real name was "Ernest Gaylord".

FYI:
http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/ ... ost1026740
http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/ ... e+murdered

Roger Steele was murdered in 1978 (see death Certificate on link #2 site)

Bob Coleman

Post by Bob Coleman » 29 Apr 2009, 06:28

Besides being a dealer in militaria, good and not so good, Roger was also involved in the adult film industry. I do not remember the exact year in the 70's, but he was found dead from twenty eight gun shot wounds. Roger ev idently made some one very angry. The case was never solved. I heard that the police really were not that interested in solving the case.
Bob

Dwight Pruitt

Post by Dwight Pruitt » 23 Sep 2016, 05:03

One of Mr. Steele's films involved a blonde, a certain Großadmiral's overcoat and a German Shepherd.

Return to “Axis Awards”