Help with pic / badges

Discussions on Axis awards and decorations. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Couriosity

Help with pic / badges

Post by Couriosity » 08 May 2011, 20:00

Hi all,
I need some help with the following picture. It comes from Private Collection and the only hints are that it is made after 1939 (probably around 1942) in Poland.
Does everybody recognize the men? Or does everybody could tell me something about the badges?
It is possible (only possible!) that they are from Reichskriminalpolizeiamt /RSHA V.
Every hint is very welcome.
Steph
Attachments
steph1.jpg
steph1.jpg (50.61 KiB) Viewed 689 times
steph2.jpg
steph2.jpg (19.39 KiB) Viewed 689 times

von thoma

Re: Help with pic / badges

Post by von thoma » 11 May 2011, 20:30

For the first man,I can only say that it's not the Party Badge, although it seems.
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

Couriosity

Post by Couriosity » 12 May 2011, 15:49

Thanks for Your comment, Thoma,

from the pictures of the same series (same day, same location), I can add some more informations today:

The both men are without any doubt the most respectful persons at the scene.
They walk through a group of Ordnungspolizei and there is a younger man from SS-Gericht on the pictures, too. All the other people are civilians and perhaps prisoners.

Therefore we have the hint, that the men must have been highranked and that there is a relation to SS-Gericht resp. Reichskriminalpolizei.

But I thought the easiest way is to analyse the badges, because they are big and unusual (for my eyes).

Again: Every hint is welcome.

Many thanks,
Steph

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Post by John G. » 12 May 2011, 16:28

The larger badges don't look like any normal either awards or "organization" badges.....if I had to guess I'd say they probably are "factory Worker Identification Badges".....worn by legitimate employees and by "Slave Labor/KZ camp inmates" at most factories- identifing both the worker and giving authorization to enter certian areas within the "complex/factory"......

I don't know what else they could be.......

It does look as if the "older guy" with glasses is wearing a "Party Badge" (maybe another enamel pin) which would eliminate them being members of "the Jewish Council" or "Sonderkommando".....

Just my "guess"....but a "Workers Badge" seem the most plausable to me....
John G.

Couriosity

Post by Couriosity » 19 May 2011, 19:07

Thanks for Your guess, John.
From the pic series it is obvious, that the guys are highranked authorities of the NS state. So I see no chance that they are something like "Jewish Council" etc.
It is really interesting: We know so much about badges ... but this badges seems to be unknown.
Thanks anyway and
all the best
Steph

Return to “Axis Awards”