The Mussert Cross / Oostlandkruis

Discussions on Axis awards and decorations. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Keel

The Mussert Cross / Oostlandkruis

Post by Keel » 12 Jan 2015, 21:10

Hello, first of all, I'm glad to join what seems to be an active & inspiring discussion group :)

Now, to the matter which I wanted to discuss.. The Mussert Cross aka Oostlandkruis. I've tried other boards and have done the usual googling but haven't gotten very far. The tidbits that I found have actually only muddied the waters around this mysterious award. Even dedicated collectors seem to be somewhat divided. Some class it as an extremely obscure and rare award and dismiss most crosses now in the collectors circuit as fakes, others are nearly not as sceptic and seem inclined to accept it as a rare but not overtly copied award..

If someone could provide basic information, such as a rough estimate on how many were made/awarded, criteria for eligibility, known makers, tell tale signs between originals and copies etc.. or point me to a good source on the subject matter (a link or a book) I'd appreciate it very much.

Again, thanks for having me in your midst.

P.s. I'm aware that there are a couple previous (inactive) topics on this matter but if you forgive me, I'd like to get a "fresh start"..

Return to “Axis Awards”