Does anybody remember Wc stump

Discussions on Axis awards and decorations. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
DHensley

Does anybody remember Wc stump

Post by DHensley » 17 Feb 2015, 07:35

i would like to know about him I am his great nephew

ChristopherPerrien

Re: Does anybody remember Wc stump

Post by ChristopherPerrien » 18 Feb 2015, 00:19

:welcome: DH

Good dude. I only know him from reading his posts on this forum and other forums and hearing of his expertise in the field of WWII medal collecting and his great collection of the same. I miss him talking of SS partisan badges and him displaying his own, the gold ones especially.

I might have had only 2 or 3 direct post exchanges between him and me, But he impressed me very much as a respectful honest person of much knowledge and long experience, and he did not suffer fools/scam artists lightly. You might want just to read his posts here and the banter between him and others. All I can say is I would have liked to have met him.

Regards,
Chris

William Kramer
Host - Militaria sections

Post by William Kramer » 19 Feb 2015, 21:01

Never met the man personally, but I know he was a real asset to the collector community. His past threads are still relevant IMO.

William Kramer

JodyB

Post by JodyB » 05 Mar 2015, 16:09

Hello,
I knew him and began writing to him in the early 80's pre-internet days. He was a great guy and always very helpful with me since I was a kid (I graduated high school in 1982). One of the reasons I started writing him was through magazines that were published back in the day on German medal and badge collecting. I miss those old days of collecting.

I had the pleasure of visiting with him at his last SOS Show in 2004. He was in a scooter and on oxygen but still collecting.

Regards,
Jody

WAR LORD

Post by WAR LORD » 05 Mar 2015, 18:13

I had a very interesting relationship with Bill. He addressed himself as George Washinton and my self as King George. We held "Court" many times with very interesting out comes. Two that come to mind are the Army Balloon Badge and the out come of the Goering pieces. The latter unfortunately he was not able to see the conclusion, but had come to the realisation that the Karbeller story was a total fabrication.
A great man, and a great sparing partner.

Ian Hulley

Post by Ian Hulley » 06 Mar 2015, 00:13

Mr Stump was a legend, I recall in the early days of the internet over on the old German Daggers Forum he was one of the first people who stood head and shoulders above the rest in having the time and patience to indulge slack-jawed beginners and those of us who thought (wrongly) that we'd seen a thing or two, and he had the collection of original items to back up his statements. Just speaking about him makes me recall the power of his presence.

You should be incredibly proud of being his Great Nephew.

Cheers, Ian.

Return to “Axis Awards”