Third Reich War Merit Cross

Discussions on Axis awards and decorations. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Herr_Richard

Third Reich War Merit Cross

Post by Herr_Richard » 30 Dec 2015, 08:12

Help everyone. I recently received a War Merit Cross with Swords, and I would like to get some opinions on its legitimacy. Any comments would be much appreciated.
IMG_0533.JPG
IMG_0532.JPG
IMG_0531.JPG
IMG_0530.JPG
Thanks!

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Re: Third Reich War Merit Cross

Post by John G. » 30 Dec 2015, 12:12

It's an original 2nd Cl. with the loop for the ribbon ring broken off.... unfortunately makes it fairly "worthless" value-wise but a decent filler until a complete one is available.
John G.

Herr_Richard

Post by Herr_Richard » 30 Dec 2015, 21:36

Thank you, John. It's the only piece I have, so I'm happy to hear that it's at least authentic.

Dennis Redler
In memoriam

Post by Dennis Redler » 31 Dec 2015, 05:06

"Thank you, John. It's the only piece I have, so I'm happy to hear that it's at least authentic."

I like your attitude. Although knowing intrinsic value is important, it's not the ultimate reason we collect these pieces of history. When anyone views my collections I never discuss values and feel they miss the point when their first question is "How much it that worth?"

Herr_Richard

Post by Herr_Richard » 31 Dec 2015, 20:17

Dennis Redler wrote:I like your attitude. Although knowing intrinsic value is important, it's not the ultimate reason we collect these pieces of history. When anyone views my collections I never discuss values and feel they miss the point when their first question is "How much it that worth?"
That's exactly how I look at it. These are timeless objects that have seen the history we didn't get to experience, and in some cases have traveled the world. Just the idea that I own a piece of history that could have potentially been lost forever is enough to warrant a special value to me.

Return to “Axis Awards”