Award Ceremony Photo

Discussions on Axis awards and decorations. Hosted by John G & William Kramer.
Dennis Redler
In memoriam

Award Ceremony Photo

Post by Dennis Redler » 06 Feb 2016, 22:35

Came from an auction. I don't know if it's a common photo or not but I thought someone might enjoy it.
It represents so many levels it's astounding. From the bravery and courage and sacrifice they represent all the way to the modern collector and the intrinsic and aesthetic value it's mind boggling.
Attachments
wh66.jpg

Ian Hulley

Re: Award Ceremony Photo

Post by Ian Hulley » 07 Apr 2016, 12:14

It's featured in several publications and is a very well-known photograph.

Ian Hulley

Post by Ian Hulley » 08 Apr 2016, 09:34

Dennis Redler wrote: I don't know if it's a common photo or not
I answered your question.

To post what you did you quite clearly have personal issues Dennis. :|

Ian.

John G.
Host - Militaria sections

Post by John G. » 08 Apr 2016, 11:33

Dennis,
Quite surprised by your very poor choice of words and additude.... Ian was only replying to your question.... you have violated the rules and standards of this forum and we don't have to tolerate such conduct. I will consider this a onetime warning!.... if you cannot conduct yourself as a gentleman and cannot refrain from unwarranted profanity and/or confrontation...you will be banned!

There no need for this.... We've all tried to be helpful and appreciative of your participation.... don't understand where "this"came from?"....
John G.

Consider yourself warned.... and an apology to Ian and the forum would go along way to mend fences IMO.... but that's up to you.

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 08 Apr 2016, 16:08

An uninformative opinion post from Dennis Redler, employing low forms of speech as a sort of exclamation mark to his opinion, was removed pursuant to forum rules.
3. Opinions

Since the purpose of this section of the forum is to exchange information and hold informed discussions about historical problems, posts which express unsolicited opinions without supporting facts and sources do not promote the purposes of the forum. Consequently, such posts are subject to deletion after a warning to the poster.

The same reasoning applies to opinion threads.
2. Low forms of speech

We have intelligent readers here, so low forms of speech are unwelcome. We're trying to move past the lavatory wall stage in discussing historical problems. Noncomplying posts are subject to deletion after warning, and in extreme cases, to deletion with no warning at all.
http://forum.axishistory.com/app.php/rules

Return to “Axis Awards”