Russian child soldiers?

Discussions on all aspects of the USSR, from the Russian Civil War till the end of the Great Patriotic War and the war against Japan. Hosted by Art.
Juha Tompuri
Forum Staff

Post by Juha Tompuri » 16 Sep 2006, 23:43

Thanks for the polite replies and translations.

Regards, Juha

Volxov

Post by Volxov » 17 Sep 2006, 12:00

Volxov, please also mention the book from which the images were scanned.
It not the book it possibly set of posters " Pioneers heroes "

http://molodguard.narod.ru/heroes1.htm

Kim Sung

Post by Kim Sung » 29 Sep 2006, 16:39

Child Heroes of the Soviet Union who died a heroic death for their motherland

* Image Source : 네이버 군사무기 카페

Lyonya Golikov (killed at the age of 17)

Marat Nazey (killed at the age of 15)

Valya Kochik (killed at the age of 14) - Youngest Hero of the Soviet Union?

Kim Sung

Post by Kim Sung » 29 Sep 2006, 16:55

Legenday child partisan Lyonya Golikov(Лёня Голиков)'s story is very impressive!

Extraordinay fighing of Lyonya Golikov on August 13, 1942

Lyonya gets the highest Soviet award, the Hero of the Soiet Union at the age of 16 for capturing documents from the Germans! Look at his captured German uniform. :D Congratulations!

Barishnikov

My Father - son of regiment

Post by Barishnikov » 16 Dec 2006, 01:34

Èçâèíèòå, ÷òî ïèøó ïî-ðóññêè. Àíãëèéñêèé ÿçûê ÿ ïðàêòè÷åñêè íå çíàþ. Ìîãó òîëüêî íåìíîãî ÷èòàòü ïî-àíãëèéñêè ñ ïîìîùüþ ñëîâàðÿ.

Ïðîøó çåìëÿêîâ ïåðåâåñòè ìîå ñîîáùåíèå íà àíãëèéñêèé. Ïîñòàðàþñü áûòü êðàòêèì è âûðàæàòüñÿ êàê ìîæíî ïðîùå, ÷òîáû ïðîùå áûëî ïåðåâîäèòü.

×èòàë ñîîáùåíèÿ çàðóáåæíûõ ó÷àñòíèêîâ êîíôåðåíöèè. Íå ìîãó òåðïåòü è ìîë÷àòü. Ýìîöèè ñëèøêîì ñèëüíûå. Mein Gott! My God! ß ñíà÷àëà çëèëñÿ, ïîòîì âîçìóùàëñÿ, ïîòîì ñìåÿëñÿ (îäíîâðåìåííî). :( :? :x :cry: :lol: Çàòåì ïîíÿë, ÷òî äîëæåí íàïèñàòü.

Íåêîòîðûå ó÷àñòíèêè êîíôåðåíöèè òðåáîâàëè äîêàçàòåëüñòâ. Äîêàçàòåëüñòâà åñòü ó ìåíÿ äîìà. Îíè ñàìûå äîñòîâåðíûå. Ìîè äîêàçàòåëüñòâà - ýòî ìîé îòåö. Îí áûë ñûíîì ïîëêà (âîñïèòàííèêîì) â 1945-1946 ã.ã. Èõ òàíêîâûé ïîëê íàõîäèëñÿ â Âîñòî÷íîé Ïðóññèè (Ostpreussen , Eastern Prussia). Êàê îí ïîïàë â àðìèþ - ñëèøêîì äëèííûé ðàññêàç. Ýòî ñëîæíî áóäåò ïåðåâåñòè íà àíãëèéñêèé. Åñëè êòî-òî ñìîæåò ïåðåâåñòè - ìîãó ðàññêàçàòü.
ß èìåþ (èìåë :( ) òàêæå äðóãèõ ðîäñòâåííèêîâ, êîòîðûå âîåâàëè.

Êîðîòêî õî÷ó ñêàçàòü ñëåäóþùåå:

1). Åñòü ëþäè, êîòîðûå õîòÿò âèäåòü ðóññêèõ çëîáíûìè, êðîâàâûìè îêêóïàíòàìè è ïüÿíèöàìè. Èì íåëüçÿ íè÷åãî äîêàçàòü. Íèêîãäà.

2). Íèêîãäà îôèöèàëüíî, íåîôèöèàëüíî (ïî-ïðèêàçó Ñòàëèíà èëè äðóãèõ ðóêîâîäèòåëåé) èëè ñ ïîìîùüþ íàñèëèÿ â ðóññêóþ àðìèþ íå ïðèçûâàëè äåòåé èëè ìîëîäûõ ëþäåé, ìîëîæå 18 ëåò. Íèêîãäà.

3). Äåòè áûëè â ðóññêèõ âîåííûõ ÷àñòÿõ è â ïàðòèçàíñêèõ îòðÿäàõ. Êàê îíè òóäà ïîïàäàëè (è ÷òî òàì äåëàëè) î÷åíü ñëîæíî ðàññêàçàòü èíîñòðàíöàì. Íàäî õîðîøî çíàòü àíãëèéñêèé, ñëóøàòü ðàññêàçû î÷åâèäöåâ, äîëãî æèòü â Ðîññèè è ïîíèìàòü ðóññêèõ ëþäåé. Íàäî ëè÷íî ñëóøàòü ðàññêàçû òåõ äåòåé. Ñëóøàòü è ïëàêàòü î èõ ñóäüáå. Âî âðåìÿ âîéíû â Ðîññèè áûëè ñîòíè òûñÿ÷ (> 100 000) äåòåé áåç ðîäèòåëåé. Ìîé îòåö äàæå ñåé÷àñ ïëà÷åò êîãäà âñïîìèíàåò.

4). Ó÷àñòíèêè êîíôåðåíöèè, êîòîðûå íå æèâóò èëè íå ðîäèëèñü â Ðîññèè, î÷åíü ïëîõî çíàþò ðóññêèõ, íå ïðåäñòàâëÿþò îáñòàíîâêó âîéíû â Ðîññèè. Íå çíàþ ÷òî ýòî. Íàèâíîñòü? Ïîëíîå íåïîíèìàíèå? Ïðåäâçÿòîñòü è îòñóòñòâèå äîñòîâåðíîé èíôîðìàöèè?

Íå ìîãó âñåãî ðàññêàçàòü. Âû ìîæåòå ëèáî ïîâåðèòü ìíå, ëèáî ñêàçàòü - "îí ëæåò".
Ðàññóäèò Áîã.

Äëÿ ôèííîâ. Äà. Ôèííû î÷åíü ìàëî ó÷àñòâîâàëè â âîéíå â Ðîññèè. ß óâàæàþ çà ýòî Ôèíëÿíäèþ. :) Ðóññêèå - ýòî íàïîëîâèíó ôèííû. :) Íî î÷åíü ìàëîå êîëè÷åñòâî ôèííîâ ó÷àñòâîâàëî â áèòâå ïîä Ìîñêâîé. Îá ýòîì ìíå ðàññêàçûâàëà ìîÿ áàáóøêà (ðîäèëàñü 1908 ã.). Âîçìîæíî îíà îøèáàëàñü. Âîçìîæíî ýòî áûëè íå ôèííû. Íî ýòî áûëè íå íåìöû.
Íåêîòîðûå íåìåöêèå ñîëäàòû òîæå áûëè õîðîøèìè ëþäüìè. Îíè íå õîòåëè âîåâàòü è óáèâàòü ìèðíûõ ëþäåé. Îäèí íåìåöêèé ñîëäàò ïðèõîäèë â óáåæèùå (çåìëÿíêó) ê ìîåé ñåìüå. Ìîÿ ñåìüÿ ïðÿòàëàñü â óáåæèùå, êîãäà äåðåâíÿ áûëà çàõâà÷åíà (ðÿäîì ñ ãîðîäîì Èñòðà, íîÿáðü 1941 ã., 35 êì îò Ìîñêâû). Îí ïðèíåñ õëåá è ãîâîðèë, ÷òî íå õî÷åò óáèâàòü ðóññêèõ. Ñâèäåòåëü - ìîÿ áàáóøêà.  Èñòðå íàõîäèëàñü äèâèçèÿ SS "Das Reich" è äðóãèå ïîëêè Wehrmacht. Ìîþ ñåìüþ õîòåëè ñæå÷ü èëè âçîðâàòü â öåðêâè (detonate or burn in temple) âìåñòå ñ äðóãèìè æèòåëÿìè. Ïîìîãëè ðóññêèå ðàçâåä÷èêè. Ôàøèñòû ñîæãëè ïî÷òè âñå äîìà è âñå èìóùåñòâî (çèìà, òåìïåðàòóðà: -20...-30 grad. C). Åå èñòîðèþ ÿ ñëóøàë ëè÷íî.

Âðàãîâ íåíàâèäåëè äàæå äåòè.

Dmitry

Re: My Father - son of regiment

Post by Dmitry » 16 Dec 2006, 10:19

Welcome to the forum, Barishnikov. You can use translate machines like http://babelfish.altavista.com/ or http://www.translate.ru/ or http://translate.google.com/translate_t.

For English speakers:
Barishnikov is sorry that he wrote in Russian since he is able only to read English a bit.
translated with http://www.translate.ru wrote:I was reading messages of foreign members and cannot keep silent. My emotions too strong. "Mein Gott! My God!". At first I was angry, then indignant, then laughing :( :? :x :cry: :lol: Then I decide to wrote here.

Some participants of conference demanded proofs. Proofs are at my home. They are the most authentic. My proofs is my father. He was a son of the regiment in 1945-1946 г.г. Their tank regiment was in the Eastern Prussia ("Ostpreussen, Eastern Prussia"). How he found his way into army - it is too long story. It will be hard for translating it in English. If someone can translate - I can tell.

I have (had :cry: ) also other relatives who were at war.

Shortly I wish to tell the following:

1). There are people who wish to see Russians spiteful, bloody invaders and drunkards. They cannot prove anything. Never.

2). Never officially or informally (by Stalin's or other chiefs' order) or by means of violence they drafted children or young men, who were younger then 18 into the army. Never.

3). Children were in Russian military units and in guerrilla groups. How did they get there (and what they did) is very difficultly to tell to foreigners. It is necessary to know well English, to listen to stories of eyewitnesses, to live many years in Russia and to understand Russian people. It is necessary to listen to stories of those children personally. To listen and cry about their destiny. During the war in Russia there were hundred thousand (> 100 000) children without parents. My father even now cries when recollects.

4). Participants of the forum, who do not live or were not born in Russia, very badly know Russians, and do not understand conditions of war in Russia. I do not know why is it. Naivety? Full misunderstanding? Bias and absence of a trustworthy information?

I can not tell about everything. You can either believe me, or say - " he is lying ". The God will judge.

For Finns. Yes. Finns participated in war in Russia very little. I respect Finland for it :) . Russians are half Finns. :) However a very small quantity of Finns participated in fight near Moscow. My grandmother told about it to me (she was born in1908). Probably she was mistaken. Probably they were not Finns. But they were not Germans either.

Some German soldiers too were good people. They did not wish to be at war and kill peace people. One German soldier came to a shelter (dugout) to my family. My family was hidden in a shelter when the village had been captured (near to the city of Istra, November, 1941, 35 km from Moscow). He had brought bread and said, that does not wish to kill Russians. The witness - my grandmother. In Istra there was division SS "Das Reich" and other Wehrmacht regiment. My family should be burnt or blew up in a church (detonate or burn in a temple) together with other inhabitants. Russian scouts saved them. Fascists had burnt almost all houses and all property (and it happened in winter, temperature: -20 to -30 C). I listened to her story personally.

Enemies were hated even by children.
Barishnikov I fully understand your feeling. I myself when for the first time got access to the Internet and after a time started to read history forums (mainly it was historychannel forum then) I almost got a heart attack. :) Please remember that there was an iron curtain between us in the SU and them and of course they do not see eye to eye with us. So, please, be patient and control emotions because I believe in most cases the things that you may take as an insult were said not with such intent. Also I'd like to note that this is a research forum and its members always appreciate useful information.

Kim Sung

Post by Kim Sung » 16 Dec 2006, 15:16

Баришников, я хочу знать рассказ вашего отца. Как ваш отец стал сын полка? В котором блоке ваш отец воевал?

(Barishnikov, I'd like to know your father's story. How did your father become a regiment's son? In which unit did your father fight?)

Stephan

Post by Stephan » 24 Dec 2006, 02:59

I saw a couple of weeks ago a site on rememberance of the PPSH - pepesha maskine-pistol. With a lot of photos.
Some of the decorated PPSHa using soldiers were young boys, about 12-14 years.
If I see this site again, I will try to link it.
Edit: here is it, f.eks side 3 and 4 down left corners.
http://www.ppsh41.com/photoindex.html

So. Im one of those who know the regiments sons usually more of mascots, not fighting soldiers. But apparently some DID fight.

Ps. Edit2. Thinking on. Some of these boys are very pretty. Could these photos be pure propaganda-photos?
But on other side. I do know photos of very pretty woman snipers and women pilots. "Typical" propaganda-photos? Yes. But the point is this striking pretty girl did had over 100 confirmed kills; and also the pilots vere successful...

duglas

Post by duglas » 14 Jan 2007, 08:57

Please don't forget that Russians usually are not tall (specially village population) and in 18 and 19 some of them really look like as children. I've spent 20 years in the Soviet Army and know that some of newcomers looked very much young. But all of them were 18 years old, of course.

Juha Tompuri
Forum Staff

Post by Juha Tompuri » 31 Jan 2007, 21:33

Yuri wrote:
Harri wrote:On 9.7.1944 German troops of 122.I.D. defending the coast at Bay of Viborg, South-Eastern Finland as part of Finnish V Army Corps repelled a Soviet landing attempt at Harjuniemi with a counter-attack and captured 12 of the Soviet attackers who all were drunk. Among them were two 10 years old boy soldiers, two 15 years old boy soldiers and one 60 years old soldier. They belonged to the I Battalion of Rifle Regiment 143 (probably from 124.D).

There seems to have been also grandpa soldiers... If there were no Soviet kid soldiers then why did the kids are there? :roll:

Source: Niilo Lappalainen - Viipurinlahti kesällä 1944 [Bay of Viborg in the Summer 1944] (1988)
The absurdity in similar sayings is seen not to an aided eye.
Look that turns out: it turns out, that German, Finnish, Romanian, Hungarian, Italian, Slovak, Spanish, Croatian armies and as their assistants from other European states have lost for wars with Russian boys and old Russian grandfathers.
It is possible to imagine, that would be, if adult Russian men have undertaken the weapon.
There is no doubt that in this case from the poor old woman of Europe one feathers have departed.

udachi / good luck
Yuri
Soviet POW's 7th July 1944, North of Vyborg.
This photo from book Sotavangit Suomessa 1941-1944 (POW's at Finland 1941-1944) by Eino Pietola might refer to the posts of Harri and Yuri.

Regards, Juha
Attachments
age.jpg
age.jpg (58.82 KiB) Viewed 4123 times

Art
Forum Staff

Post by Art » 10 Feb 2007, 13:23

As some stuff for the discussion. This is how the breakdown of the number of men mobilized to the soviet armed forces looks like:
The first column - the periods: 22 June 1942- 1st May 1942, 1st May - 31st December 1942, 1943, 1943, 1st January 1945 - 1st May 1945, Total.
The second coumn - total number of men mobilized in thousands (including 2237.3 thousands drafted twice)
The next columns - including draftees of the current draft ages: the years of birth and totals in the last subcolumn.
As far as I can see the data for moblization of the teenage-darftees is in good correspondence with allready discussed GKO decrees. It's intersting that 1927's draft age was used for army service in significantly less proportion than the precceeding ones.

Alex Yeliseenko

Post by Alex Yeliseenko » 11 Feb 2007, 13:18

German child-soldier. September 1942. No comments.

martin13666

Post by martin13666 » 12 Feb 2007, 12:27

2Alex: Every army had a few "temporarily adopted" children with them.This one seems to be one of them.
Our discussion is about mobilising and using "underage persons" in large numbers. Like Hitlerjugend in 1945
for example.

martin13666

Post by martin13666 » 12 May 2007, 20:41

Return to “The Soviet Union at War 1917-1945”