Trials in Czechoslovakia

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
ansata1976

Trials in Czechoslovakia

Post by ansata1976 » 19 Jan 2009, 06:18

I am looking for more informations of the trials of this persons(place of execution,date of execution, last rank and position and reason for sentence)

Rudolf Haindl
Karl Bergl
Albert Neubauer
Wilhelm Schmidt
Bernhard Voss
Franz Czerba
Alfred Karasch
Otto Hauprich
Herbert Sander
Alois Stiller
Erich Merwitz
Kurt Kurek

Ron

Re: Trials in Czecheslovakia

Post by Ron » 22 Jan 2009, 10:04

BERNHARD VOSS(1892-1947)                                      
Voss SS-BrigadefÜhrer.In charge of the ss officer school Beneschau school near Prague.In 1939 he is said to have organised execution squads to kill czech students.Tried by a Cczech court he was sentenced to death and hanged in Prague on 4th february 1947

regards Ron

ansata1976

Post by ansata1976 » 22 Jan 2009, 20:02

Ron wrote:BERNHARD VOSS(1892-1947)                                      
Voss SS-BrigadefÜhrer.In charge of the ss officer school Beneschau school near Prague.In 1939 he is said to have organised execution squads to kill czech students.Tried by a Cczech court he was sentenced to death and hanged in Prague on 4th february 1947

regards Ron

Thanks Ron, do you have more informations about trials in czecheslovakia?

Ron

Post by Ron » 22 Jan 2009, 21:25

Hi

ALBERT NEUBAUER(1910-1948)
Neubauer a Austrian was a ss sergeant.Served was in charge of the parcel room in Terezin ghetto camp between 1940-45.Tried by a Czech peoples court and was sentenced to death i believe for the murder of inmates.Executed on 28th september 1948 in Litomerice.

RUDOLF HAINDL(1922-1948)
Haindl a Austrian,was a ss scharfuhrer in Terezin ghetto camp.He fled Terezin in May 1945 but was arrested in Salzburg in 1947.Tried by a Czechoslovakian peoples court he was sentenced to death.I believe for sending people to their deaths.He was hanged in Litormerice on 17th september 1948.
WILHELM SCHMIDT(1911-1946)
Schmidt was a former deputy commandant ? at the Terezin ghetto camp.Tried by a czechoslovakian peoples court he was sentenced to death for his part in the persecution and murder of jewish prisoners.He was hanged on 12th september 1946 in Liberec.

regards Ron

ansata1976

Post by ansata1976 » 23 Jan 2009, 18:46

Ron wrote:Hi

ALBERT NEUBAUER(1910-1948)
Neubauer a Austrian was a ss sergeant.Served was in charge of the parcel room in Terezin ghetto camp between 1940-45.Tried by a Czech peoples court and was sentenced to death i believe for the murder of inmates.Executed on 28th september 1948 in Litomerice.

RUDOLF HAINDL(1922-1948)
Haindl a Austrian,was a ss scharfuhrer in Terezin ghetto camp.He fled Terezin in May 1945 but was arrested in Salzburg in 1947.Tried by a Czechoslovakian peoples court he was sentenced to death.I believe for sending people to their deaths.He was hanged in Litormerice on 17th september 1948.
WILHELM SCHMIDT(1911-1946)
Schmidt was a former deputy commandant ? at the Terezin ghetto camp.Tried by a czechoslovakian peoples court he was sentenced to death for his part in the persecution and murder of jewish prisoners.He was hanged on 12th september 1946 in Liberec.

regards Ron
Thank you Ron
Do u have informations of:
Alfred Karasch
Otto Hauprich
Herbert Sander
Alois Stiller
Erich Merwitz
Kurt Kurek
Which source u have???

dylan

Post by dylan » 23 Jan 2009, 20:50

Franz Cserba 27/06/1922 born in Bratislava
driver in Kl Theresienstadt
executed 19/07/1946.
( source Katerina Kocova).

What is your source for those other names ?

dylan.

Michal78

Post by Michal78 » 23 Jan 2009, 21:43

ansata1976 wrote:I am looking for more informations of the trials of this persons(place of execution,date of execution, last rank and position and reason for sentence)

Rudolf Haindl
Karl Bergl
Albert Neubauer
Wilhelm Schmidt
Bernhard Voss
Franz Czerba
Alfred Karasch
Otto Hauprich
Herbert Sander
Alois Stiller
Erich Merwitz
Kurt Kurek
Where did you get these names from....I have complete list of people executed in post-war trials in Czechoslovakia and I couldnt find anything about
Alois Stiller
Erich Merwitz
Kurt Kurek
Otto Hauprich
Karl Bergl

and in my list I have name Rudolf Heind (16.6.1922 - 17.9.1948) not Haindl.

Alfred Karrasch was not executed.

Michal

ansata1976

Post by ansata1976 » 24 Jan 2009, 01:05

goofy wrote:
ansata1976 wrote:I am looking for more informations of the trials of this persons(place of execution,date of execution, last rank and position and reason for sentence)

Rudolf Haindl
Karl Bergl
Albert Neubauer
Wilhelm Schmidt
Bernhard Voss
Franz Czerba
Alfred Karasch
Otto Hauprich
Herbert Sander
Alois Stiller
Erich Merwitz
Kurt Kurek
Where did you get these names from....I have complete list of people executed in post-war trials in Czechoslovakia and I couldnt find anything about
Alois Stiller
Erich Merwitz
Kurt Kurek
Otto Hauprich
Karl Bergl

and in my list I have name Rudolf Heind (16.6.1922 - 17.9.1948) not Haindl.

Alfred Karrasch was not executed.

Michal
Can you give me your list(with names and dates), I got these names in a list of war crimes in Czechoslovakia. Maybe they never extrited, i think the spelling of Rudolf Haindl is correct because i found it in diverent sources.

ansata1976

Re: Luxembourg

Post by ansata1976 » 24 Jan 2009, 19:11

David Thompson wrote:ansata1976 -- You asked:
Was the death sentence against Damian Kratzenberg the only one?????????
I don't know. Luxembourg is another one of those countries for which war crimes trial information is apparently scarce.
What is about trials in Hungary, Romania, Czecheslovakia and Poland. It is very dificult to get informations. One problem is for me the lenguage. Do u have a recommendation for my research.

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 24 Jan 2009, 23:41

ansata1976 -- You asked:
What is about trials in Hungary, Romania, Czecheslovakia and Poland. It is very dificult to get informations. One problem is for me the lenguage. Do u have a recommendation for my research.
The language problem is very difficult to overcome. To the best of my knowledge, at least 27 different countries conducted war crimes trials after WWII.

For Czechoslovakian war crimes trials there is a summary of the Czech prison system, which deals in part with war crimes trials, at: Czech Prison Service, Historicka penologie, Jan 2006
http://ad.vscr.cz/news_files/HP1._06.pdf

and there is a list of persons executed by the Czech government at:

Otakar Liška, Vykonané tresty smrti Československo 1918-1989 (nezahrnuje rozsudky německé justice)
http://www.mvcr.cz/policie/udv/sesity/sesit2/sesit2.doc

For Polish war crimes trials, there is the ICWC summary list of Polish war crimes trial proceedings (by name of defendant), beginning at:
http://www.icwc.de/index.php?id=70&L=0

I don't know of any "one-stop sources" for Hungary or Romania -- or any other country's war crimes trials, for that matter. Getting the information usually involves a laborious and time-consuming culling of official records (when they're open to the public) or secondary sources (when there are any).

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 25 Jan 2009, 00:03

ansata1976

Post by ansata1976 » 25 Jan 2009, 06:14

David Thompson wrote:ansata1976 -- You asked:
The language problem is very difficult to overcome. To the best of my knowledge, at least 27 different countries conducted war crimes trials after WWII.

For Czechoslovakian war crimes trials there is a summary of the Czech prison system, which deals in part with war crimes trials, at: Czech Prison Service, Historicka penologie, Jan 2006
http://ad.vscr.cz/news_files/HP1._06.pdf

and there is a list of persons executed by the Czech government at:

Otakar Liška, Vykonané tresty smrti Československo 1918-1989 (nezahrnuje rozsudky německé justice)
http://www.mvcr.cz/policie/udv/sesity/sesit2/sesit2.doc

For Polish war crimes trials, there is the ICWC summary list of Polish war crimes trial proceedings (by name of defendant), beginning at:
http://www.icwc.de/index.php?id=70&L=0

I don't know of any "one-stop sources" for Hungary or Romania -- or any other country's war crimes trials, for that matter. Getting the information usually involves a laborious and time-consuming culling of official records (when they're open to the public) or secondary sources (when there are any).
Thank you. The second link is not working. Do you have maybe this list of executed by the Czech government? The list of Poland i know but the problem there is, that there is only the sentence and it is not to see is it carried out or are the men commuted (death sentence)-see Trial Poland 1,2 and 3

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 25 Jan 2009, 06:36

ansata1976 -- You asked:
The second link is not working. Do you have maybe this list of executed by the Czech government?
Try the google cached html version at http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:aiO ... cd=3&gl=us

The list of the executed persons is about a 200-page appendix to the essay. Helpful hint: When documents appear and then disappear on websites, the google advanced search engine will often turn up a cached version, if you search for them by author or title.

You also remarked:
The list of Poland i know but the problem there is, that there is only the sentence and it is not to see is it carried out or are the men commuted (death sentence)-see Trial Poland 1,2 and 3
This is a constant problem with every country, unfortunately, and it requires a lot of research to solve the individual mysteries. Even if you have a list of executed persons, you still don't know who died in prison and who had their sentences commuted without further research.

I don't mean to discourage you, but it really takes a lot of work (and provides a lot of frustration, too) to figure these things out. Since I've been through the research effort myself, I'm very grateful (and no doubt our readers are too) to our contributors -- dylan, danyb, Researcher, and a score of others -- who are willing to share the information they've amassed.

ansata1976

Post by ansata1976 » 25 Jan 2009, 16:02

[quote="goofy"][quote="ansata1976"]I am looking for more informations of the trials of this persons(place of execution,date of execution, last rank and position and reason for sentence)

Karl Bergl
Friedrich Dennert
Friedrich Dorsch
Theodor Ehrlich
Karl Eichler
Jan Elger
Otto Gehle
Arno Geppert
Martin Hanamann
Albert Hardtke
Hechtfischer
Richard Heidan
Helmut Heinecke

dylan

Post by dylan » 25 Jan 2009, 23:33

Staff member David has given link where you find
complete list of dates of those executed in CSSR.

Dylan.

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”