Massacre of SS guards at Dachau

Discussions on the Holocaust and 20th Century War Crimes. Note that Holocaust denial is not allowed. Hosted by David Thompson.
ansata1976

Re: KL Trials

Post by ansata1976 » 09 Aug 2009, 22:03

Who is the man on the photo ????

source: http://www.scrapbookpages.com/DachauScr ... nGuard.gif
Attachments
BeatenGuard.gif
Dachau inmate prepares to beat a guard to death with a shovel
BeatenGuard.gif (33.12 KiB) Viewed 8358 times
Last edited by ansata1976 on 09 Aug 2009, 22:34, edited 2 times in total.

bf109 emil

Re: KL Trials

Post by bf109 emil » 09 Aug 2009, 22:20

the gist of your top pic and related info shows Sparks "The photograph above shows 27-year-old Lt. Col. Felix Sparks firing a pistol into the air, while at the same time, he is holding up his left hand as a signal to the American soldiers to stop shooting."

but this info should have been shown with the location or sourced it was copied from? So i am hesitent to say or conclude as to where i got my info and such David can remove this post as I am unsure if the republication of the 3 pics you listed is okay and legal by the original holders of these pics to be republished or viewed on another site

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Re: Massacre of SS POWs at Dachau

Post by David Thompson » 10 Aug 2009, 01:10

The two above posts were merged into this topic from the "KL Trials" thread at http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=138369

finnguy

Post by finnguy » 18 Dec 2009, 03:50

Though what the SS did was wrong, Americans have always been the good guys and that was an unacceptable and surprisingly uncivilized thing for US soldiers to do. But we are not perfect, we also committed the crimes at My Lai. However we did not kill nearly as many as the SS did.
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
Erwin Rommel

ansata1976

Post by ansata1976 » 05 Apr 2010, 00:29

Are there other names known of German camp guards executed(additional to wicker) at this massacre?

? Weiss
? Jäger

What are the first names

kerrd

Re: Dachau guards

Post by kerrd » 24 Feb 2011, 02:36

While at the NARA II last weekend, I scanned Signal Corps photos 207123 - 207128, the Webling photos,
at 800 dpi.

Dave

Marcus

Re: Dachau guards

Post by Marcus » 10 Dec 2012, 16:59

Reposted from http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 5#p1755395
Harro wrote:
htk wrote:The thing is, I think , no Army want's to investigate these "mistakes" and I am not only talking about the german army..
Yet the US Army did investigate the killing by American soldiers of SS guards at Dachau, the killing by American soldiers of German and Italian POWs at Biscari and dozens of other cases.
Reposted from http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 6#p1755436
htk wrote:hi harro

as i have understood - please correct me if i am wrong - the dachau "incidents' investigation proved that the guard where murdered by US troops, the report was then made a secret. If this is correct - then it proves only my point. In war such "incidents" are not unusual, and a typical respons was (is) to ignore when possibe.

So might the group Piper have killed (or mopping up as its called today) ... i think probably so. I think its more important to use this as a lesson what war is about .. instead taking here the moral highground and blame it solely on the SS and ignore the truth and so paving the way for the next masacre.
Reposted from http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 9#p1755439
Harro wrote:"htk", I don't see how this would prove anything. The Dachau massacre was investigated and that's more than anyone can be said about the German response to the Malmédy killings (or for that matter the murders in Stavelot, la Vaulx Richard, Trois-Ponts, Parfondruy, La Gleize and all other places where members of the Leibstandarte killed POWs and civilians).
Reposted from http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 3#p1755453
htk wrote:that no US soldiers (or other allies probably) are convicted might no be surprising.. and this is not in it self proof that allied soldiers did not act accordingly. One case at least .. see book wild bill guarnere.

"have seen nothing to indicate that it was ever classified. If you have please provide the source. Patton did decide not to prosecute them although if I recall correctly the officer in charge was punished all be it a "wrist slap". ... germans where hanged for this !

source investigation:

http://furtherglory.wordpress.com/2010/ ... %E2%80%9D/

Mopping up is exactly what it is.... the military men really love their non telling words. Sonderaktion was another nice example of this.

My point is not to blame solely the SS (or wehrmacht for that matter) as the only group who did this kind of acts... but that this is a thing encountered also in other wars (before and after WW2). When asking how (accepting that the SS etc where not the only ones)does it pave the way for slaughtering prisoners ?

well look at youtube and you can find a recent examples of prisoners killings in Syria.

trekker

Post by trekker » 03 Jun 2013, 15:07

Here's what Dachau prisoner no. 135560 from block no. 30 told in 1997:

End of April we had already been listening to distant shooting and we had been impatiently waiting for liberators. One day we saw a white flag which was a sign of surrender on the watch tower where there were about 12 SS soldiers. When the Allied soldiers came to high walls to get across SS soldiers started to shoot with machine guns and guns so that there were many Allied soldiers dead. Immediately the striking force of liberators entered the main gate and disarmed soldiers of the watch tower behind the block 30. The Allies threw the arms taken into water, lined up SS soldiers against the wall and let prisoners shoot them all. There were mainly Russians, Poles and Czechs shooting. I saw it all as I was in the immediate vicinity.

Rossolini

Post by Rossolini » 13 Jun 2013, 17:06

I'm not an expert on this incident but I heard the American soldiers gave weapons to the prisoners to basically do as they pleased. They even slaughtered a nearby retreating Wehrmarcht unit. I was in Dachau recently and from what I gathered there were mainly Communists and political prisoners housed there.

Penn44
Banned

Post by Penn44 » 14 Jun 2013, 12:51

Rossolini wrote:I'm not an expert on this incident but I heard the American soldiers gave weapons to the prisoners to basically do as they pleased. They even slaughtered a nearby retreating Wehrmarcht unit.
Do you have a source for these claims?

Penn44

I once was told that I was vain, but I knew that vanity was a fault, so I gave it up because I have no faults.

Keir

Post by Keir » 14 Feb 2015, 23:59

Was at the site over the weekend
Attachments
IMG_0012.JPG
Dachau_execution_coalyard_1945-04-29.jpg

Marcus

Re: Massacre of SS guards at Dachau

Post by Marcus » 15 Feb 2015, 00:26

A few threads discussing the same event were merged.

/Marcus

Geoff Walden

Post by Geoff Walden » 19 Feb 2015, 16:08

Some further then-and-now photos of this site here - http://www.thirdreichruins.com/dachau.htm#ssexecution.

Jayslater

Post by Jayslater » 20 Feb 2015, 11:16

Dear All,

I would very much like to publish a high-quality book on this subject. If interested as a possible author, please contact me: j.slater (at) fonthillmedia.com.

With very best wishes,

Jay

Keir

Post by Keir » 20 Feb 2015, 20:34

Geoff- I'm very jealous of your photos. I was told that under no circumstances were photos allowed to be taken of the police HQ- last time apparently someone had posted photos onto Facebook, stirring up an hornet's nest from Lefties about how SS buildings are being used by the state. This was the only one I was allowed to take, provided it didn't go onto Facebook or show any police cars/personnel.

Return to “Holocaust & 20th Century War Crimes”